Late Season Sunday Ticket Question

Snopple

Over the past few years, my daughter has purchased the NFL Sunday Ticket as a birthday present for both me and my son. I really didn’t like her spending that kind of money on me, but she knows both me and her brother are big football fans. And we both appreciate it.

I thought DirecTV lowered the Sunday Ticket price to $199 for this season. But I recently learned that she paid almost $300. She was paying $49.99 a month since July.

Was my info about lower prices wrong? Or was she being ripped off?

Over the past few years, my daughter has purchased the NFL Sunday Ticket as a birthday present for both me and my son. I really didn’t like her spending that kind of money on me, but she knows both me and her brother are big football fans. And we both appreciate it.

I thought DirecTV lowered the Sunday Ticket price to $199 for this season. But I recently learned that she paid almost $300. She was paying $49.99 a month since July.

Was my info about lower prices wrong? Or was she being ripped off?

Here's their standard pricing:

http://www.directv.com/sports/nfl

You can also get a range of rates if you call customer service.

$300 for the Max is right at full price, but as has been mentioned, DTV is alot easier to negotiate with than cable. Not sure though with a gift subscription, may not be as easy. While I say they are easier, it also took me more than one call and probably over 1/2 hour on the phone. So can she get it cheaper, yes likely by threatening not to re-up, but probably will cost her over an hour of her time. Since she's not really the viewer, probably less likely she'd want to put in the effort to get the lower price. I will keep fighting with them because I read how others are getting better deals so I want it too. But if she's not seeing or hearing about the deals, then no reason for her to bother complaining.