Playoff possibilities NFL and draft order

djp14150

Woo hoo we are playing great during yet another meaningless game in December! Call me when this team actually is in playoff contention at this time of the year. Not only have they missed the playoffs 14 years in a row, they haven't had a meaningful game in December in 10 years. It is pathetic and fans have the right to be cynical at this point. Getting excited over beating the Dolphins to go to 6 and freaking 9 is supposed to be some sort of consolation? That is laughable! Get in the !@#$ing playoffs !@#$s!

If you're going to B word when things go poorly (and by all means do so) then you should also praise them when they play well. Otherwise you're just a miserable cuss.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Win out and keep it rolling next year.

Only in fantasy land. The Buffalo Bills continue to screw themselves with regard to the 2014 NFL draft. Likely the Bills will end up in last place in the AFC East this year.

No playoffs.

This time next week the win over the Jaguars and Dolphins will mean absolutely nothing positive.

If you're going to B word when things go poorly (and by all means do so) then you should also praise them when they play well. Otherwise you're just a miserable cuss.

Nice time to start playing well. When the season is already OVER!!!!!

Only in fantasy land. The Buffalo Bills continue to screw themselves with regard to the 2014 NFL draft. Likely the Bills will end up in last place in the AFC East this year.

No playoffs.

This time next week the win over the Jaguars and Dolphins will mean absolutely nothing positive.

Nice time to start playing well. When the season is already OVER!!!!!

I think we can safely put you in the miserable cuss section of the studio audience.

Actually I am a fan I have watched pretty much every game since I was 6 years old. So that is 26 years I have consistently been watching and forgive me if I don't get excited about a meaningless win in December when the team has missed the playoffs 14 freaking years in a row. I used to be Mr. positive and always thinking this team was on the rise. That started to end around year 11 or 12. Now I don't give a **** about moral victories or finishing the year strong. When this team makes the freaking playoffs I will be happy. Hell I would be happy with a game in week 16 that had playoff implications that didn't mean spoiling the playoffs chances of someone else. So call me whatever the hell you want but 14 years of this pathetic **** has made me cynical and I am not going to cheer lead for moral victories in December every year.

I think we can safely put you in the miserable cuss section of the studio audience.

The second that the Buffalo Bills were officially eliminated from the playoffs last week the most important thing for this team was the 2014 NFL draft.

Period!

So what do the Bills do? They beat the Jacksonville Jaguars and then they beat the Miami Dolphins. Both victories only worsen our 2014 draft position.

Actually I am a fan I have watched pretty much every game since I was 6 years old. So that is 26 years I have consistently been watching and forgive me if I don't get excited about a meaningless win in December when the team has missed the playoffs 14 freaking years in a row. I used to be Mr. positive and always thinking this team was on the rise. That started to end around year 11 or 12. Now I don't give a **** about moral victories or finishing the year strong. When this team makes the freaking playoffs I will be happy. Hell I would be happy with a game in week 16 that had playoff implications that didn't mean spoiling the playoffs chances of someone else. So call me whatever the hell you want but 14 years of this pathetic **** has made me cynical and I am not going to cheer lead for moral victories in December every year.

Bravo!

You are a very bright Buffalo Bills fan.

People around here just can't see things long term. Meaningless wins in December when the Bills are already out of the playoffs are even less than meaningless. These victories only make the 2014 draft position WORSE!!!

The second that the Buffalo Bills were officially eliminated from the playoffs last week the most important thing for this team was the 2014 NFL draft.

Period!

So what do the Bills do? They beat the Jacksonville Jaguars and then they beat the Miami Dolphins. Both victories only worsen our 2014 draft position.

Bravo!

People around here just can't see things long term. Meaningless wins in December when the Bills are already out of the playoffs are even less than meaningless. These victories only make the 2014 draft position WORSE!!!

The one who can't see things long term is you. What would it say about this coaching staff if they couldn't get a team to show up to play? That the team quite on them? What use is a slightly higher draft pick when a coaching staff like that is in control of the team? The fact that the team is playing hard only portends better things for the Bills. Sure, it doesn't guarantee anything and they might suck next year but if this team had quit two weeks ago I'd have no hope for them next year no matter what pick in the draft they had.

But hey, go ahead and be pissed off because the Bills won. More power to you.

The one who can't see things long term is you. What would it say about this coaching staff if they couldn't get a team to show up to play? That the team quite on them? What use is a slightly higher draft pick when a coaching staff like that is in control of the team? The fact that the team is playing hard only portends better things for the Bills. Sure, it doesn't guarantee anything and they might suck next year but if this team had quit two weeks ago I'd have no hope for them next year no matter what pick in the draft they had.

But hey, go ahead and be pissed off because the Bills won. More power to you.

Hope all you want, I am done with that. This organization is an embarrassment and will remain that way until they make the playoffs.

in the aFC baring a major comeback by OAK to beat SD and BAL to beat NE.....

going tinto next week its

MIA, SD, and BAL all 8-7

PIT at 7-8 (if win today--lose they are out)

A 3 way tie it goes to MIA

BAL W & SD or MIA lose

MIA W & SD win

SD W & MIA and BAL lose

all 3 lose and PIT win for 8-8 then PIT in.

In the NFC.....

AZ won today.....

SF plays on Monday

AZ needs to win next week and either have NO lose week 17 or SF lose on Monday.

NO win and in

SF win and in

SF win last 2 and SEA lose, SF wins division.

GB losing....they are still alive

Detroit losing eliminates them

Chicago wins clinches the division tonight...a loss---then GB/CHI still means winner gets the division title.

PHL/DAL next week still is winner take all.

Edited by djp14150

Period!

Bravo!

Your crusade is insane. Winning games against divisional rivals to close out the season is important for player morale and helps the team develop for next year. Having players play well now and go out on a high note is more important than two or three draft slots. If the team can identify talent, it will draft well, and it is important that the incoming draft class joins a culture of players who feel that they are on the cusp of success, which beating New England in an important will do. Get some perspective.

Period!

Bravo!

Your logic is flawed, pearl. Winning with the players you have on your roster is ALWAYS important. Their are star players all over the NFL that were available to be drafted by the Bills over the years. They drafted other players. It's not draft position that matters in many cases, it's WHO you draft when your time on the clock comes around. Sure, "better" draft position may have landed the Bills Peyton Manning or Cam Newton. They never had a chance at them. But the Bills could have had Drew Brees, Cutler, Andy Dalton, Haloti Ngata, Cushing, Witten, Gronkowski, et al. A veritable who's who of stars. Draft position doesn't guarantee the Bills will make the right selections. Every win counts for this team, especially in the division where they have been few and farther between over recent seasons.

I think you are dead wrong. You have to remember that winning a game takes more than just skilled players. A lot of winning comes from the mental side of the game. The mental side of the game is where these wins come into play.

When the Bills play the Dolphins next year, they will go into those games with an attitude like this "Hey..we beat these guys twice last year...we can beat them again" That gives them a mental advantage. The Dolphins will be silently thinking "Man we can't beat these guys for some reason."

Part of the reason why the Bills haven't won in New England in so long is because it is hard to break a losing streak. The Bills players go into that game with the idea in the back of their minds "We can't beat these guys here. We never win here." Then they just wait for something to go wrong in the game that proves they were right again. They accept losing because they are so used to losing there. You need to change that as soon as possible.

You want to win because wins beget more wins. You want to be a good team year in and year out. You want to have a culture where it is normal to win. That is part of the reason that good teams stay good and losing teams have a hard time turning things around.

This game is not just about talent. That is why there are upsets every week. There is more to this game than just who has the most number one draft picks on their roster.

You know this is true. Winning is more important than anything in the long run.

The only correlation that carries over from one season to the next for non-playoff teams is close losses. Those teams that miss out on the playoffs but are in contention for many of the games have a good shot at making the playoffs. Winning down the stretch doesn't help. But I would argue dropping a few spots in a draft is not that big a deal. Guys get drafted higher and lower than projected all the time. A few spots means nothing.

The only correlation that carries over from one season to the next for non-playoff teams is close losses. Those teams that miss out on the playoffs but are in contention for many of the games have a good shot at making the playoffs. Winning down the stretch doesn't help. But I would argue dropping a few spots in a draft is not that big a deal. Guys get drafted higher and lower than projected all the time. A few spots means nothing.

Beating the Patriots in a game that has playoff implications (we can knock them down to the three seed) would a huge step forward for this team.

Miami still controls their own fate, I believe.

Nobody controls ther own fate in the AFC

MIA w, BAL w Sd w---MIA--better conference record

MIA w BAL w SD l--BAL---H2H win

MIA W BAL L SD W- MIA--H2H win

MIa W BAL L SD L--MIA

MIA L, BAL w Sd w---BAL--better conference record

MIA L BAL w SD l--BAL

MIA L BAL L SD W- SD

MIa L BAL L SD L---IF PIt W then PIT, then BAL--why--Jets beat MIA , Jets in 2nd, PIt W, BAL L, PIT in 2nd, PIT win a Jes-tPIT-SD tiebreaker because of conference record.

There is actually a strong correlation to teams that finish strong the season before. for example CAR started off last year slow but finished strong. It also depends on how stable there coaching staff and players on the team are.

Edited by djp14150

SF W on MNF

NO W AZ W/SF L---NO #5 SF #6

NO W AZ L/Sf W--SF #5 NO #6

NO L AZ W/SF L--SF # 5 AZ #6

NO L AZ L/SF W--SF #5 NO #6

IF SEA L to STL and SF W then SF win division and SEA is seed #5

IF NO wins, and CAR L then NO wins division, and CAR is a WC

SF L on MNF

NO W AZ W/SF L--NO #5 AZ #6

NO W AZ L/Sf W-- NO #5 SF #6

NO L AZ W/SF L--AZ #5 NO #6

NO L AZ L/SF W-- SF #5 NO #6

Woo hoo we are playing great during yet another meaningless game in December! Call me when this team actually is in playoff contention at this time of the year. Not only have they missed the playoffs 14 years in a row, they haven't had a meaningful game in December in 10 years. It is pathetic and fans have the right to be cynical at this point. Getting excited over beating the Dolphins to go to 6 and freaking 9 is supposed to be some sort of consolation? That is laughable! Get in the !@#$ing playoffs !@#$s!

Technically their first game in December this year was a "meaningful" game they just happened to play as though it wasn't. However, it did have playoff implications and they lost.