Donald Jones gets second chance on life with kidney transplant

Thought I'd share a good-news story on former Bills player.

http://pro32.ap.org/...fler-2nd-chance

jw

Good story. Now go have a drink.

Yeah, yeah, I know...you don't drink, you're the leader of your local temperance chapter, It's the devil's brew. Cut loose for once. Just one, it won't hurt. Tell 'em I said it's okay, you've earned it.

Good story. Now go have a drink.

Yeah, yeah, I know...you don't drink, you're the leader of your local temperance chapter, It's the devil's brew. Cut loose for once. Just one, it won't hurt. Tell 'em I said it's okay, you've earned it.

heh, heh. actually, having beers with a certain familiar "burr" in our side at a drinking spot tomorrow afternoon. i'll tell him hello for you, and we'll send you the bill ;)

jw

Definitely he is out of football. I had a congenital condition where the blood vessels in one of my kidneys has twisted or constricted blood vessels. Found out because I stuttered very badly and my parents took me to the Children's Hospital stuttering clinic. They gave me a physical and found my bp was that of a 30 year old (I was 4). The docs said forget about the stuttering , it would go away (it did).They did tests and found the problem. The doctors figured out what was the cause. They tried to repair the cause, but my bp didn't go down. So, a month later, they removed the bad kidney. The doctor told my parents that I would be normal (some people say that's questionable :lol: ) and the only things I couldn't do were to play tackle football, hockey and dive from a high board (sports you can injure a kidney).

There's no way he would be cleared for football. The only sign of it is a big scar on my back (it was in 1961).

Edited by Wacka