Sully throws SJ13 under the bus

PromoTheRobot

It was already researched and posted it isn't a matter of opinion. He said to resign johnson, now he is saying that he didnt say that.

All I was saying was that his article in support of signing SJ13 was a conflicted article and I didn't know if he wrote anything else on the matter. He may be referring to a completely different article. I dunno.

Look. I get it. People don't like Jerry Sullivan. Like Bandit, then don't read him. Simple. But I guarantee he would "improve" as a writer if the Bills were 12-4. The problem is with the product…in this case, it's SJ13.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I was saying was that his article in support of signing SJ13 was a conflicted article and I didn't know if he wrote anything else on the matter. He may be referring to a completely different article. I dunno.

Look. I get it. People don't like Jerry Sullivan. Like Bandit, then don't read him. Simple. But I guarantee he would "improve" as a writer if the Bills were 12-4. The problem is with the product…in this case, it's SJ13.

I bet it wouldnt improve. We will find out next year

Well, I don't know if he anything else to say 2 years ago…..maybe there's an article with a change of heart or something. And I don't have the time to research it. I just doubt it lines up that neatly and don't care for that matter. The points of the current article were well made…to me any way.

In fairness to Sully, SJ did appear to be on the verge of becoming a legitimate top WR when he was resigned. However, he has not improved since then, and actually regressed. Hopefully we can trade him. Perhaps to the Redskins for Cousins?

One more time...Jerry has the right to change his mind on SJ. Where he crosses the line is stating in his most recent article that he never advocated signing Johnson to an extension when he did! If he said "I was in favor then but I see I was wrong and so where the Bills" then it's all good. But Jerry decided to play the "I told you so" card, when in fact he never "told us" that. Douche move.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

And two years ago he wrote that SJ deserved every penny.

You say you don't care if a columnist changes his mind, but I do. To me if you can write something and then do a 180 later without acknowledging it then your words don't mean anything.

And that was my original point. Not do you agree with the column.

PTR

Exactly. Otherwise, he might as well just admit he writes what he hears, not what he thinks.

One more time...Jerry has the right to change his mind on SJ. Where he crosses the line is stating in his most recent article that he never advocated signing Johnson to an extension when he did! If he said "I was in favor then but I see I was wrong and so where the Bills" then it's all good. But Jerry decided to play the "I told you so" card, when in fact he never "told us" that. Douche move.

PTR

Meh...

I am in the keep SJ13 crowd, but this irks me more than all the other stuff. Guy has had a bad hammy since 2010...WTF?

Having said that, dude can flat out get open, is one of our more talented players, and we need not get rid of those right now.

And has trouble catching and/or hanging on to the ball.

I am in the keep SJ13 crowd, but this irks me more than all the other stuff. Guy has had a bad hammy since 2010...WTF?

Having said that, dude can flat out get open, is one of our more talented players, and we need not get rid of those right now.

And has trouble catching and/or hanging on to the ball.

Two years ago he wrote a column shaming the Bills to extend Stevie Johnson. Now he's says the Bills overpaid him. Jerry's memory is a little fuzzy these days.

http://www.buffalone...stevie-20131211

But not really. Jerry knows he wrote a column in support of Johnson. But he doesn't care because, as he pointed out to me in an email he sent to me, it's his job to write about the moment, even if the moment contradicts what he wrote earlier. Years ago I wrote Jerry a chiding email over a column where he blamed Tom Donahoe for drafting that stiff Mike Williams. (The tackle, not the WR.) This even though Jerry lavishly praised the pick and Donahoe after that draft. It irks me. Are you not irked?

Not really. Jerry Sullivan spins like a weathercock. There's no more point in getting irked at the stuff he spews than there is at getting irked at a weathervane for aligning with the wind.

That's just what it (and he) does.

Now, you can get irked that the media likes to feed fans pablum bloviating opinions instead of truly insightful football analysis, but to a certain extent, we have ourselves to blame for that. If no one read/watched that stuff, presumably the media moguls would search for something different.

Guys, Jerry Sullivan is the Buffalo equivalent to Skip Worthless of ESPN. No consistency, maddeningly stupid opinions, and a douche who likes to walk in front of runners in the middle of a 15k race (I tried running that little weasel over before he moved). He is one reason I hardly frequent the Buffalo Snews website, thus he is costing them advertising online, plus my cancelled print subscription.