15 Yard Penalty against Falcons, only moved back 10 yards

Wattdogg35

When the shot to the head against Aaron Williams was called, I beleive they called a "15 yard holding" which there is no such thing, the ref corrected himself and call in unsportsmanlike 15 yard hit to the head. The Falcons were around the 6 yard line and they only moved back to the 16 when they should have been at the 21. On the next play is when the "pass interference" was called and the ball placed on the 1 yard line...just 1 of many beyond horrible calls and/or plays that cost the Bills this game.

The games are all fixed anyway. Here's a disturbing thought: maybe Stevie and Chandler dropped the ball on purpose. There were some run plays by the Falcons where it didn't look like the Bills even attempted to make a tackle. The Pats have a bunch of no-name guys and still come from behind to win every week. The Giants are making their late season push to get into the playoffs. God forbid that a New York City team isn't in the playoffs.

Could be wrong, but I thought it was illegal use of hands, or defensive holding, which is not 15 yards.

EDIT: checked on it, illegal use of the hands is a 10 yard penalty when on defense and committed on a receiver. Ball placement was correct.

Edited by Mango

I noticed that too. My only thought was that it was applied to the result of the run on that play, but that should have put the ball closer to the 18 yard line.

I am still waiting to see the ilegal use of hands penalty they called on Williams. The replay showed that he never touched him, so I would suspect they had the wrong number, but who knows with this crew.

Yes...they still should have won the game regardless......

I noticed that too. My only thought was that it was applied to the result of the run on that play, but that should have put the ball closer to the 18 yard line.

I am still waiting to see the ilegal use of hands penalty they called on Williams. The replay showed that he never touched him, so I would suspect they had the wrong number, but who knows with this crew.

Yes...they still should have won the game regardless......

How much you want to bet that it was a penalty on Gilmore? I think he is 24 (one number off), and pretty much could be called for this every time he plays bump and run.

I think this is the play that you are referring to:

3rd and 5 at BUF 5

(Shotgun) S.Jackson up the middle to BUF 1 for 4 yards (K.Alonso, J.Byrd). PENALTY on ATL-H.Douglas, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at BUF 1.

What looks like what happened was the penalty was enforced at the 1 yard line, so it was backed up to the 16.

I remember at the time wondering why it was still 3rd down. I thought the penalty happened after the play was over, so it should have been 4th and Goal from the 16. Not that it would have mattered, the next play was the Defensive PI in the end zone.

Edited by dubs

I think this is the play that you are referring to:

3rd and 5 at BUF 5

(Shotgun) S.Jackson up the middle to BUF 1 for 4 yards (K.Alonso, J.Byrd). PENALTY on ATL-H.Douglas, Unnecessary Roughness, 15 yards, enforced at BUF 1.

What looks like what happened was the penalty was enforced at the 1 yard line, so it was backed up to the 16.

Correct - the penalty happened after the play was over, so it was enforced from the 1 yard line. That call was correct.

I remember at the time wondering why it was still 3rd down. I thought the penalty happened after the play was over, so it should have been 4th and Goal from the 16. Not that it would have mattered, the next play was the Defensive PI in the end zone.

I actually thought that run by Jackson was on 2nd down...I could be wrong. Either way, I'm still wondering why that was called a PI on Robey. I thought the ball wasn't catchable AND notice that the ref who threw the flag was behind Douglas. That is, Douglas' back was to him and if anything, Robey tugged on his shirt in the front. How he was able to see any penalty on that is beyond me.

If there's a conspiracy theory on this game, why put it in for a game with a 4-7 team and a 2-9 team? It's not like Atlanta is going to the playoffs or even has a chance. For what it's worth, when the Bills were winning in the 90s (I know many of you aren't old enough to remember those times), they were getting their fair share of questionable calls. I think this was all just horrible officiating.

The games are all fixed anyway. Here's a disturbing thought: maybe Stevie and Chandler dropped the ball on purpose. There were some run plays by the Falcons where it didn't look like the Bills even attempted to make a tackle. The Pats have a bunch of no-name guys and still come from behind to win every week. The Giants are making their late season push to get into the playoffs. God forbid that a New York City team isn't in the playoffs.

Yes, they are fixing Bills games now. You do realize that nobody outside of being born in WNY cares about Buffalo. Why would the NFL care about fixing Bills games? Too funny.

How much you want to bet that it was a penalty on Gilmore? I think he is 24 (one number off), and pretty much could be called for this every time he plays bump and run.

I just finished reading the paper and had expected to read about the refs just getting the number wrong or something.........But, there was an article about how POd Williams is about the call. WTF - that really was a call on him?!? He never touched anybody!