Person killed at Chiefs game.

BLZFAN4LIFE

Here's a more detailed story from a KC outlet. The short story is that the guy accidentally got into the wrong vehicle, then was beaten to a pulp NOT by the vehicle's owner, but by some other guy who was a "tailgater" who was watching the game in the parking lot. Sounds like several people witnessed it too.

http://www.kansascit...ad-stadium.html

Not what was originally reported for sure. Sounds like the guy lost his life over a simple mistake. Sad and disturbing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And what are the odds that out of 70k (or whatever Arrowhead holds) they get back to their vehicle to find a thief.

Were they tipped off? Silent alarm or remote cam of some sort? What a coincidence!

Think of how long it would take if you're sitting in your seats in the stadium, get a silent alarm, and get to your car. I can't see a thief hanging around that long. Something is really odd about this story.

Here's a more detailed story from a KC outlet. The short story is that the guy accidentally got into the wrong vehicle, then was beaten to a pulp NOT by the vehicle's owner, but by some other guy who was a "tailgater" who was watching the game in the parking lot. Sounds like several people witnessed it too.

WOW! That will put an end to the game watching in the parking lot... They won't let you do that anymore in Chicago... Siince they are all sellouts, some would come and help with the tailgate, watch stuff and get things ready for the post game tailgate... Then take it in on TV (of course not blacked out).

Finally, something that makes some sense.

Much like the death at the Bills game a year ago, the guy wandered off mysteriously, and was said not to be drunk by the person with him.

I'm surprised I haven't had one of these trance like things happen to me at a Bills game. "Wait, I've seen this over and over. Must leave."

Finally, something that makes some sense.

Much like the death at the Bills game a year ago, the guy wandered off mysteriously, and was said not to be drunk by the person with him.

I'm surprised I haven't had one of these trance like things happen to me at a Bills game. "Wait, I've seen this over and over. Must leave."

Mike Tomlin has! He's Head Coach!

Zing! :nana:

For all of the bold talk on this forum, it sometimes helps to wait before passing judgment. The media does not always get the story right the first (second, or third) time.

Instead, he walked into the parking lot for unknown reasons and got into an apparently unlocked green Jeep that was similar to a vehicle in his tailgating convoy. The Jeep was parked in the same row where his group had parked earlier, but about 10 vehicles closer to the stadium.

When the Jeep owner returned to the vehicle and found Van Winkle sleeping inside, the owner pulled him out, police said. As the owner was chasing Van Winkle around the Jeep, the owner’s 10-year-old son summoned help from a group of people who were watching the game on television in the parking lot.

The bystanders believed Van Winkle had broken into the Jeep, but police said there was no evidence of a break-in.

The bystanders confronted Van Winkle, police said. One bystander then punched Van Winkle in the face, quickly knocking him out. Witnesses said the bystander continued to punch Van Winkle, then walked away, leaving him on the asphalt. Someone propped him up against a bus, police said.

The bystanders went back to their tailgate party, and the vehicle owner and his son left the area. Later, someone noticed Van Winkle was turning blue, police told The Star. A woman flagged down security officers about 5:40 p.m., and other bystanders started CPR.

An ambulance took Van Winkle to a hospital, where he died. He and his wife had a 7-week-old baby. He worked at CommunityAmerica Credit Union.

I just don't understand how you could be willing to risk your child's well being unnecessarily (subjective, I suppose) for material possessions when you could simply get authorities involved. You simply can't guarantee you're going to walk away from an altercation.

Didn't you know that Mrags is 150-0 in street fights? His body is like steel, and neither knifes or guns can stop him. Why should he think of a logical solution to a problem when he can just bash someone's skull in? If Mrags has seen, or been involved in, many fights, I highly doubt he would feel so invincible. Almost any man can cause permanent damage with one punch, and in most cases, it just isn't worth it.

There are essentially two scenarios that can follow a fight when you're an adult:

#1) You win, and then you have to deal with the police and possibly a lawsuit.

#2) You lose, and you're possibly left permanently damaged or dead.

Finally, I'm sure it will be a surprise to Mrags to find out that in any state, you can't just kill people if they are attempting to steal your property. Unless you are in imminent danger, you have no right to take action into your own hands. Furthermore, for people like Mrags, who feel like they can circumvent such laws by confronting the perpetrator, it's a often a rude awakening when they find out that they still have a duty to retreat if at all possible (even in stand-your-ground states). Now, if you were in your home or in the car during the break-in, then by all means feel free to do whatever you like, but that wasn't the case here.

Edited by DaBills51

Instead, he walked into the parking lot for unknown reasons and got into an apparently unlocked green Jeep that was similar to a vehicle in his tailgating convoy. The Jeep was parked in the same row where his group had parked earlier, but about 10 vehicles closer to the stadium.

Read more here: http://www.kansascit...l#storylink=cpy

Guess you missed post #40 from just a few hours ago, where I posted the exact same link that you did above.

Didn't you know that Mrags is 150-0 in street fights? His body is like steel, and neither knifes or guns can stop him. Why should he think of a logical solution to a problem when he can just bash someone's skull in? If Mrags has seen, or been involved in, many fights, I highly doubt he would feel so invincible. Almost any man can cause permanent damage with one punch, and in most cases, it just isn't worth it.

There are essentially two scenarios that can follow a fight when you're an adult:

#1) You win, and then you have to deal with the police and possibly a lawsuit.

#2) You lose, and you're possibly left permanently damaged or dead.

How about you win, and then you have to watch your back everytime the ahole is in the same bar as you?

If everyone who committed a misdemeanor were executed, people would stop breaking the law.

The guy who just got killed essentially did the same thing as Kiko Alonso, but in truth, it wasn't even as bad as Alonso. Kiko broke into an individual's home, albeit in a drunken stupor and with no criminal intent, but it still applies. I guess it's a good thing some of you weren't the homeowners involved in his case, otherwise the Bills would be without one hell of a linebacker.

[/size]

Guess you missed post #40 from just a few hours ago, where I posted the exact same link that you did above.

Don't know why you're being so hostile John.

I excerpted your post because you didn't.

I often excerpt links that people post because I know lots of people who are unfortunately unable to or unwilling to click on links (mobile devices that upload slowly, etc).

If I didn't cite you it was an oversight as I almost always give credit where it's due. You would know this if you were familiar with my posts. I always read through an entire thread before posting and I don't post if I think someone has already expressed my sentiments except to compliment people whose opinions I agree strongly with.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

The guy who just got killed essentially did the same thing as Kiko Alonso, but in truth, it wasn't even as bad as Alonso. Kiko broke into an individual's home, albeit in a drunken stupor and with no criminal intent, but it still applies. I guess it's a good thing some of you weren't the homeowners involved in his case, otherwise the Bills would be without one hell of a linebacker.

All true. I'm glad Kiko Alonso is still alive. This is the type of thread that really brings out the best in people, right? When I was 16 I used to do stupid s***. You live, you learn and you try to teach your kids not to do the same s***. But they probably will and when they do, I hope they don't die committing any number of acts that would constitute a misdemeanor.

In fact, ya know what's really crazy? That when people on here heard that someone broke into a jeep, half the people on here were like, "got what he deserved." And now that we've read the real story, not one person has said, "what the f*** is wrong with someone who pummels an already unconscious man to death?" Allow me to be the first. Lotta internet tough guys on here. "If it were someone breaking into my jeep, they'd be in the hospital." Oh yeah, what if they were Kiko Alonso's size. Again, lotta tough guys on here...

its not that they deserve to die for it. But more like, they got what was coming to them.

Let's put it another way. If someone broke into your house only to steal your TV and you were home, would you just let them go or would you defend yourself and your family?

I would put my hands up and say, "dude, please take my TV. I have homeowners insurance." That would be the end of it and I would file a claim the next day and get a brand new TV to replace the one I got in 2007. I suppose you, however, would go sliding across your hardwood floor- in slow motion is how I'm sure you envision it- to your safe, unlock it before the perpetrator could do anything to you and in a blaze of glory, defend your family neatly and cleanly so that only the thief was harmed. It always happens that way. The difference between me and you is that I've been jumped by someone with a gun. It sucked and it was humbling, but if I tried to be a tough guy, I might not be typing this right now.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

All true. I'm glad Kiko Alonso is still alive. This is the type of thread that really brings out the best in people, right? When I was 16 I used to do stupid s***. You live, you learn and you try to teach your kids not to do the same s***. But they probably will and when they do, I hope they don't die committing any number of acts that would constitute a misdemeanor.

In fact, ya know what's really crazy? That when people on here heard that someone broke into a jeep, half the people on here were like, "got what he deserved." And now that we've read the real story, not one person has said, "what the f*** is wrong with someone who pummels an already unconscious man to death?" Allow me to be the first. Lotta internet tough guys on here. "If it were someone breaking into my jeep, they'd be in the hospital." Oh yeah, what if they were Kiko Alonso's size. Again, lotta tough guys on here...

Well, I'm quite a bit bigger than Kiko's size so I'd still be pissed... Then again, I know some men half my size I wouldn't tangle with. Hooray for internet toughness!

On a serious note, I've been robbed with a gun to my head. All tough guy stuff goes out the window awful fast. Breakfast never tasted so good the next morning. I hear you..

Edited by SmokinES3

I have friends who broke into cars in high school a few times and stole CD players, etc. They are now responsible adults and can't believe they used to do stuff like that. I'm really glad that they didn't die even though, according to you, they deserved it. Similarly, someone broke into my truck and stole my iPod a few years ago. Although I was pretty pissed at the time, I don't think he/she deserved to die for it. Then again, you are a barbarian.

When you violate someone else's property. Be it a house, car or body, all bets are off. You make a conscious decision to make extremely aggressive possibly violent advances who knows what can happen. I hardly feel sorry for the perp. Don't rob, b and e or assault and you lessen your chances of getting killed. This kind of reminds me of when someone posted a video of a Jets fan punching a girl that was charging him. It's wrong to punch a women in most circumstances but she put herself in that situation. Again, all bets are off when you assault or rob someone..