Has Weei 850 AM in Boston has reported??

We were talking about the AFCCG against the Steelers, a game he helped "win."  And as for "when we need him most this year," tell me about the defense.  <_<

211904[/snapback]

You mean the game Clements scored a TD for us? The game where Drew handed off to James Harrison for a TD for the Steelers. How much fuggin help does Drew need?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The unsung hero for the Pats in that Steelers 2001 playoff game was David Patten. He was able to get wide open in the end zone & then made a circus catch on a ball that Drew threw a mile over his head. <_<

Bledsoe was horrible in that game, but at least he had a decent excuse being rusty and all. However, after 2-1/2 years of extreme mediocrity, there are no more excuses, he's just a washed-up loser. :huh:

You mean the game Clements scored a TD for us?  The game where Drew handed off to James Harrison for a TD for the Steelers.  How much fuggin help does Drew need?

I don't know. Maybe a kicker to make a 28-yard kick. Maybe a defense to stop a 3rd string defense from scoring 6 points and going on a 9-minute drive. Maybe receivers who don't drop passes. A TE perhaps. A running game that gets more than a yard, if even that, on 1st down. I mean hell, you guys talk about how Drew can't carry the team, yet in a game when NO PART of the team shows up, he gets vilified for not carrying the team? In what alternate universe does that makes sense? <_<

The unsung hero for the Pats in that Steelers 2001 playoff game was David Patten. He was able to get wide open in the end zone & then made a circus catch on a ball that Drew threw a mile over his head. <_<

Bledsoe was horrible in that game, but at least he had a decent excuse being rusty and all. However, after 2-1/2 years of extreme mediocrity, there are no more excuses, he's just a washed-up loser. :huh:

211913[/snapback]

He is a washed up loser. I wish SDS would show that Steelers-Pats game in its entirety just so all the revisionists could see how bad Drew was that game. I watched that game with a buddy of mine who is a huge Pats fan. He was so nervous when Drew came in because he knew from watching Drew his career that Drew sucks. Every Drew pass my buddy winced. Drew sucked ass that game! He had one drive where he played well and was absolutely awful the rest of the game. BTW the Pats were winning when Drew came in. WTF? Now drewids are giving credit for not screwing up a game? Thats his shining moment? Put down the crack pipes people! Drew sucks donkey rooster!

I don't know.  Maybe a kicker to make a 28-yard kick.  Maybe a defense to stop a 3rd string defense from scoring 6 points and going on a 9-minute drive.  Maybe receivers who don't drop passes.  A TE perhaps.  A running game that gets more than a yard, if even that, on 1st down.  I mean hell, you guys talk about how Drew can't carry the team, yet in a game when NO PART of the team shows up, he gets vilified for not carrying the team?  In what alternate universe does that makes sense? <_<

211915[/snapback]

You give sh-- to the kicker(rightfully so), the D, 2 hurt TEs, Willis, Moulds and Evans but make excuses for Drew. What alternate universe does that make sense? :huh::D

He is a washed up loser.  I wish SDS would show that Steelers-Pats game in its entirety just so all the revisionists could see how bad Drew was that game.  I watched that game with a buddy of mine who is a huge Pats fan.  He was so nervous when Drew came in because he knew from watching Drew his career that Drew sucks.  Every Drew pass my buddy winced.  Drew sucked ass that game!  He had one drive where he played well and was absolutely awful the rest of the game.  BTW the Pats were winning when Drew came in.  WTF?  Now drewids are giving credit for not screwing up a game?  Thats his shining moment?  Put down the crack pipes people!  Drew sucks donkey rooster!

211916[/snapback]

I remember the Pats run that year... every time they would show Drew on the sidelines, I would LMAO at the big chump sitting & getting schooled by Young Brady. I remember LOL at the bumbling clod when he played in that Steelers game. Little did I know at the time that a few months later, he'd become a Buffalo Bill. Now that's what I call fuggin' prodding the bear. <_<

We were talking about the AFCCG against the Steelers, a game he helped "win."  And as for "when we need him most this year," tell me about the defense.   <_<

211904[/snapback]

OK, I will tell you about the defense:

#2 in NFL for total yards allowed per game

#1 in NFL for yards allowed per play

#4 (tie) in NFL for total 1st downs allowed per game

#1 in NFL for total forced turnovers

Now I will tell you about the offense:

#25 in NFL for total yards gained per game

#26 in NFL for yards gained per play

#26 in NFL for total 1st downs gained per game

#18 (tie) in NFL for total turnovers given up

Looks like we should worry more about the O than the D, right? Granted, the D could improve in the areas of 3rd down % and 4th down %, but you have to take into account that we had a lot of injuries to the seconday. Plus, our O didn't help in getting our D off the field all too often.

Now, about the O,....ah fugg it, MBD. I give up. You're right. Drew is awesome. It's the other 10 guys who are bringing him down. What QB could possibly succeed in the NFL without having 10 other Pro Bowlers on offense?

You give sh-- to the kicker(rightfully so), the D, 2 hurt TEs, Willis, Moulds and Evans but make excuses for Drew.  What alternate universe does that make sense? <_<  :huh:

I'm giving sh-- to EVERYONE on the damn team, including Bledsoe. You OTOH are ONLY blaming Drew. Do you get it yet Pete? Have you figured out that football is a TEAM game? That the Bills lost as a team? That the Pats don't win BECAUSE of Brady, they win WITH him? That the Pats won as a team WITH Bledsoe in that AFCCG? Ah but yes, it's better to have a nice completion percentage, lead your team to no points, and then get injured, than to come in cold and rusty, and lead your team to points needed to win the game. I don't know, doesn't it tell you something that Brady got injured in that game badly enough to miss the remainder of it, yet he miraculously recovered and played the following weekend in the SB without so much of a hint of his injury? And yes we already established that the dink-and-dunk style the Pats were playing at that time didn't suit Bledsoe's abilities, but he still got the job done. To deny that or to talk about "what ifs" and "almosts" is the height of revisionism. It's not like the Steelers were a scrub team with a scrub defense and the Pats were playing at home. Bottom line, no Bledsoe in that game after Brady gets injured means no win. Period, unless the Patriots had some other starting-caliber QB, which wasn't likely. No one said it was pretty, but I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss.

What if JP comes in and has an Eli Manning type of year? I bet everybody would be screaming for Drew back. Yes, Drew has failed to impress over the past 2 seasons. But I wouldn't cut or trade him yet. I rather leave the position open (like we did for Henry/McGahee), and let the best player win the job.

What if JP comes in and has an Eli Manning type of year?  I bet everybody would be screaming for Drew back.  Yes, Drew has failed to impress over the past 2 seasons. But I wouldn't cut or trade him yet.  I rather leave the position open (like we did for Henry/McGahee), and let the best player win the job.

Bingo, and from all indications (i.e. demanding Drew take a paycut), if Drew IS here next year, he'll have to compete for the job. However again, even if JP wins the job, the Bills need an O-line that can give them a power running game.

What if JP comes in and has an Eli Manning type of year?  I bet everybody would be screaming for Drew back.  Yes, Drew has failed to impress over the past 2 seasons. But I wouldn't cut or trade him yet.  I rather leave the position open (like we did for Henry/McGahee), and let the best player win the job.

211951[/snapback]

I dont care if JP has a Bruce Mathison/Vince Ferragamo type of year- I will never ask for Drew to come back!

211951[/snapback]

I have no problem with open competition for the job, and would gladly welcome Drew back as a backup QB and starter while JP gets up to speed.

However, judging by all the rumors concerning TD and Drew's paycheck, this whole argument may be moot by the first mini-camp of 2005.

JP, by the way, deserves 2 full seasons as starting QB before we start tearing into him! Any attacks sooner would be too premature. Any attacks later would be fair game, baby!

However again, even if JP wins the job, the Bills need an O-line that can give them a power running game.

211954[/snapback]

Agreed. But I think we're only 1 starting left guard away from having an o-line that no longer deserves to be called a liability (assuming we either resign JJ or find an adequate replacement).

I'm wondering if you feel the problems at o-line are greater than this?

Agreed. But I think we're only 1 starting left guard away from having an o-line that no longer deserves to be called a liability (assuming we either resign JJ or find an adequate replacement).

I'm wondering if you feel the problems at o-line are greater than this?

I think LG is the minimum they need to upgrade. However I'll defer to McNally, and hopefully TD does as well. Mularkey's offense revolves around the running game. In Pgh he had a great O-line and good RB's, and thus a good running game.

We were talking about the AFCCG against the Steelers, a game he helped "win."  And as for "when we need him most this year," tell me about the defense.  :devil:

211904[/snapback]

madbuffalo, as a bills fan and an initial supporter of the DB signing, i have to say that defending his play in the steelers game is delusional. he had one good series - again, one good series - and was ineffective the rest of the way. the patriots offense didn't "win" the game in any case - the pats defense and special teams won, by intercepting stewart twice at crunch time and completely shutting down their running game.

A lot of those who say Drew should go offer the option of Losman or anybody else. Well it seems that we just saw the Bills win 9 games with Drew and miss the playoffs by one game. Losman is a complete unknown. He has had virtually no playing time. Anybody else is also a complete unknown. So it seems there are two options: Drew and complete unknow. Until someone defines a second option that is something other than unknown I'd stick with Drew and be looking for what is next. If Drew is cut, we are left heading into the season with a rook or To Be Determined. And don't even talk about Losman being the next Roethlisberger. For every Roeth there are hundreds of Akili Smiths, Mannings, etc. No team can take that big of a chance unless they are writing the season off.