5 years ago BGSU and UB met for the MAC East title

PromoTheRobot

Who decided to put this game at RWS? Horrible idea. It looks like there are 200 fans.

Great day for local born and raised BGSU coach Dave Clawson. They have some real talent. If there are more than 2 players on UB that could crack the starting 22 for BGSU I would be surprised. The best thing for UB would be BGSU upsetting NIU and some big conference school hiring Clawson. That guy can clearly recruit.

I just got home from watching the game. The crowd was around 20k but spread out. I wouldn't say they got trucked. It was an even game but for the plays their QB madeo. Our D stopped then most of the game but when he had enough time to throw he beat a suspect UB secondary.

As for Mack he wasn't dominant but he was solid. He drew double and triple teams all game but he still set the NCAA mark for most tackles for loss. Actually players like Redden made more plays because all eyes were on Mack.

It was a game till the second half but the better team won. This games sort of confirms UB benefitted greatly from a weak schedule. They are the best of the middling MAC teams.

They will likely go to a bowl at 8-4.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Looked like a decent crowd on TV. I'd say 20K+ is very realistic which is solid. The better team most definitely won. The 2nd half was all BG and their D-Line looked like a BCS school. Those guys are huge and the UB O-line could not block those guys.

Hope 8-4 gets them a Bowl game but i could see a case being made to skip UB due to the weak schedule and the only tough teams they played, they lost.

Looked like a decent crowd on TV. I'd say 20K+ is very realistic which is solid. The better team most definitely won. The 2nd half was all BG and their D-Line looked like a BCS school. Those guys are huge and the UB O-line could not block those guys.

Hope 8-4 gets them a Bowl game but i could see a case being made to skip UB due to the weak schedule and the only tough teams they played, they lost.

with so many bowls I think they have chance.

with so many bowls I think they have chance.

With Fresno State losing that means NIU goes to a BCS bowl. That makes UB the #3 MAC team. The MAC has 3 straight up bowl tire-ins. The question is which one does UB go to? Probably to a low profile bowl played mid-week in December but it's a bowl. Only the 2nd in school history.

The announced attendance was 26K. Here is a good thread from the UB board, a realistic assessment of the game.

http://www.ubfan.com/board/index.php?topic=14859.0

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.