(OT) Saw "Ancorman" this weekend

envirojeff

I thought it was great, but I've moved on to

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. :D  :(  :D

210433[/snapback]

You and me both, bro.......I laughed my ass off at Anchorman (the laughs started slow, but after about twenty mins I was cracking up), but H and K was downright classic. What a great surprise......I never heard of it until my Netflix software popped it up as a recomnedation.......the image of Doogie Howser dancing out the moonroof of a car (that HE stole lol) while feeling up two pole babes will be a lasting one.......NPH's part in that flick was hilarious.

A lesser film I just saw was 'Without a Paddle'.......all I can really say is that I really anticipated it sucking, so the fact that it sucked much less than I expected helped me like it more than I otherwise would. I was disappointed in Seth Green, cause usually the guy just steals the show.......Matthew Lillard was good, though less animated than usual......but the guy that had me in stitches at times was Dax Shepard.....I knew him a little from 'Punk'd', but this guy has every right being in feature films. His comedic delivery was spot on......If a movie sucks but can still make me laugh a time or three, it's okay in my book.......

PS. I posted a while back about a movie called 'Sideways'......a lot of you said you had already seen it, but for those who haven't, I just wanted to let you know that it just won the Golden Globe for Best Picture (comedy or musical).......this was truly one of the gems of the year......I don't know that I've ever truly enjoyed a film more than this one. Along with Garden State, to great films of 2004!

Maybe it's just me, but I was very disappointed in this flick.  No where near as funny as Old School.

210316[/snapback]

I second that.

Old School ---- hilarious.

Anchorman ---- boring. A true yawner.

Dodgeball ---- frickin' hilarious.

I thought it was great, but I've moved on to

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle. :D  :(  :D

210433[/snapback]

H&K has to be the funniest movie I've seen in years...Anchorman wasn't as good as Old School, but still funny...and very quotable

"ugh! it smells like bigfoot's dick!"