Will the Bills move out of Buffalo in the next ten years?

Harryhood280

I think it is a very plausible scenario unfortunately - depending on when Ralph dies, the team could be gone either during the short period (I believe seven years from now) where the penalty drops for breaking the lease or after the lease expires.

As a Bills fan, It is hard to think about.

I don't live in Buffalo. What is the word around town? Does anyone think there is a local group that can legitimately buy the team? Will the western NY born commissioner allow a move? What will it be like there if / when it happens?

While I hate the idea, if they are going to move, Toronto would seem like a better destination than LA. What if they kept the Bills name and logos?

Lots of questions there, but I am genuinely curious what you guys think.

If they did move, I'd hope they did with us what they did with Cleveland. Let us, as a city, or country, buy the rights to the name/logo/records. So in that case, if we do get an expansion team at some point down the road, however possible it would be, that team could be the Buffalo Bills. Not to mention the name wouldn't make sense outside of Buffalo, although neither does Utah Jazz.

I really do not foresee them moving.

It has always been speculation for almost three decades, due to ours being a small market and a poor economy.

But NFL teams cannot just up and move (anymore) .

All this talk is just to sell papers and get site "hits".

The Bills will still be here in 2023.

.....................and by then we will have a new stadium ...............and two Super Bowl Championships

If they did move, I'd hope they did with us what they did with Cleveland. Let us, as a city, or country, buy the rights to the name/logo/records. So in that case, if we do get an expansion team at some point down the road, however possible it would be, that team could be the Buffalo Bills. Not to mention the name wouldn't make sense outside of Buffalo, although neither does Utah Jazz.

One thing I can guarantee is if the Bills ever leave Buffalo, Buffalo won't get another franchise. So there's really no point in retaining the rights to the name.

As for the original question, who knows? I hope so, but the biggest threat to the Bills staying in Buffalo will come when Ralph dies. This will almost certainly happen within that time frame. I suspect the new owner will take a season or two to get his ducks in a row, but everyone in Buffalo will be holding their breaths for quite some time afterwards.

Other then Green Bay is there a franchise that is the fabric of the city like the Bills are to Buffalo? I don't think so, I hate the thought of that ever happening. I no longer live in Buffalo, but when I go back I still see the pride the city has for the Bills. And it would be devastating if they left, especially if they went to Toronto. It's disgusting that nothing matters anymore other then money. In Toronto the Bills would just be a shiny new toy, not part of the city's culture. How would Toronto fans feel if someone threatened to take their beloved Maple Leafs? ( I know it will never happen )

We need to just deal with a game in toronto, and possibly a pre-season in another city. This is the best plan to retain Buffalo. I believe there are enough ownership groups to make it happen. What would make i ta lot easier is if we had a principle owner to take control like Pegula or Golisano. I don't think Goodell wants to move the team especially if we improve over the next few years. Nothing will hapen with the $400 million hit in the next 6 years. so in that time we develop a consistent solid team, and it would be very difficult for the NFL to approve that offer.

Other then Green Bay is there a franchise that is the fabric of the city like the Bills are to Buffalo? I don't think so, I hate the thought of that ever happening. I no longer live in Buffalo, but when I go back I still see the pride the city has for the Bills. And it would be devastating if they left, especially if they went to Toronto. It's disgusting that nothing matters anymore other then money. In Toronto the Bills would just be a shiny new toy, not part of the city's culture. How would Toronto fans feel if someone threatened to take their beloved Maple Leafs? ( I know it will never happen )

People would go to games in another city. They would still buy concessions. Corporations would buy luxury boxes. People would watch on TV. Because it's the NFL. That's what they care about. There'd be little protest around the league if the Bills left.

People would go to games in another city. They would still buy concessions. Corporations would buy luxury boxes. People would watch on TV. Because it's the NFL. That's what they care about. There'd be little protest around the league if the Bills left.

Just like how they support the Blue Jays and Raptors? They play to empty arenas. In Toronto it's the Maple Leafs and then everyone else. Plus that would officially kill the CFL, something Goodell says he wants no part of. I think there would be a lot of opposition to us moving to Toronto actually

Just like how they support the Blue Jays and Raptors? They play to empty arenas. In Toronto it's the Maple Leafs and then everyone else. Plus that would officially kill the CFL, something Goodell says he wants no part of. I think there would be a lot of opposition to us moving to Toronto actually

Good point, I wonder how the sports fans in Toronto really feel about all of this. The CFL is over a century old, and they seem happy and content with the Argos.

Well my post wasn't specifically about Toronto, but the CFL would survive with the same amount of relevance that it has now if they got a team. It's not like Canadians don't have access to the NFL product already. One team in one city won't kill what is already essentially a minor league.

I live near Miami, it's a decent city, ( cough, gag ) they have four major sports, new stadiums, big money. Yet the fans still could care less about filling the seats. The MLS failed there once already, and yet there is talk about expanding down there again. Why? money. I think leagues need to consider that when thinking about moving franchises. There's already talk of the Panthers moving to Quebec City. Which would replace the Nordiques, who moved to Colorado. What I am saying is the grass isn't always greener, just the cash is. And that does not always pan out.

As much as it pains me to say it, I do think the Bills are heading out of town. I NEVER EVER thought I would admit that. I don't know if I was in denial or what, but I just always thought it made no sense to move the team.

And it really doesn't make sense. Why in the world would you want to move a profitable team in a market like Buffalo? It just doesn't make sense. Pro sports struggle to find these types of markets. The ones that don't have a whole lot of people but still do well.