Bills fan base ranked #1 in NFL - Cincy sports blog NFL Fan Base Power

YoloinOhio

Maybe I am a little biased because I live in New Orleans but they should be higher. Check out the local TV ratings when they play. It wasn't always like that but EVERYONE here loves the Saints. I have lived in a few of these cities and it is not like that everywhere.

Based on what I have seen/heard I agree on Saints fans

Based on what I have seen/heard I agree on Saints fans

It something like 85% of the televisions on during a game are watching it. I think that was the stat from the Dallas game a few weeks ago. They do not know much about the league or other teams or even their own team for that matter but they love them. It is really a unique group.

We've had our fair share of blackout games too, and ones where Ralph had purchase the remaining tickets. The passionate fans are truly great, but I don't think our football culture is on par with the Packers honestly.

It could be. Winning builds that following. The Bills of the 1990's created a young fan base that is actually the reason that the past 14 years of garbage have mostly been sellouts.

The Packers had A LOT of winning tradition over several decades in the NFL before they went flat for 20 years. Then they have followed that with two decades of very good football.

When it comes to long streaks of winning football.....the Bills have had one in 54 years. Otherwise....a few bursts of success easily lost in a sea of hot garbage.

Yeah, the Bills should be on par with Green Bay but you still gotta' string together more than one decade of quality football in half of a century to max out the demand for the product.

Sports Illustrated once rated Buffalo the best tailgaters in the NFL.

Unfortunately, this website rates Buffalo as the most "dead" city in America:

1. Buffalo

imag.jpeg?w=200&h=127

In 1900, Buffalo was the eighth largest city in America. It was located on one of the busiest sections of the Erie Canal, the terminus of the canal on the Great Lakes. Thanks to its location, Buffalo had huge grain milling operations and one of the largest steel mills in the country. Buffalo prospered during WWII as did many northern industrial cities. After the WWII, the manufacturing plants returned to the production of cars and industrial goods. The population rose to more than 500,000 in the mid-1950s. It is half that today. Buffalo was wounded irreparably by the de-industrialization of America.