Run the Table

8-8 Forever?

These "run the table" threads are nothing more than a clear indication of the desperation of some Bills fans. Thankfully, there are enough realistic fans out there who are able to counterbalance the pipe dreams of the desperate. My preseason prediction for the Bills was 5-11, and I am sticking with that. Here's how I see the rest of the way: Jets-coming off of a bye, outstanding front 7, experienced head coach and QB who has developed due to no injuries/playing time; Falcons-underacheiving dome team playing at a neutral site dome could be trouble; Bucs/Jags-will win one of these in FL; Fins-should be able to take them at home; Pats away-are you kidding me?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone looks at the remaining schedule and believes there's a snowball's chance that they could run the table, they're seriously fooling themselves. The Jets beat the crap out of Manuel in the first game. 8 sacks. Do we have any reason to believe that thee O-line is any better? Our defense probably gets after Geno Smith a little better, but it still probably doesn't matter. The Jets had 182 yards with Bilal Powell running the ball. I don't see that changing. Miami is a trap/revenge game given our close win the first time around. Then add NE at home, where they will likely be playing for homefield advantage. Zero chance. Less than zero.

Need to respond to this one. Frankly I am too old to know what a "troll" is, so maybe one of you younger fans can enlighten the old man on that. Whatever the definition, not sure I am one of those. I am just putting out there that the schedule seems to set up for a possible 6 -0 finish. Why not? They will clean up EJs footwork this week as they are facing the same defensive idea this week. It is just coaching and practice, not brain surgery.

This is the same team took out Ravens and took out the 5-0 over-last -5 -games -Panthers. is the same team, actually plus a few guys they did not have when they finished/won those games.

My only mistake was posting on a Monday when all the crazies are out there jumping from windows. Eball, permission to delete the thread if I accidentally act positive on a Monday again. Heaven forbid.

The only way this team runs the table is if they go spread option on offense, they let Manuel take 5-10 shots down the field every game, he connects on many of them for TDs, and Manuel is willing and allowed to run the ball at least 6-10 times. The Bills have the defense to do it, but this horrible offense needs both drastic changes to the game plan and a dramatic improvement in play from EJ Manuel. If the Bills run this same predictable offense vs the Jets this Sunday, then it will be over before the end of the first quarter.

To run the table, basically EJ Manuel needs to become the 2012 "Superman" version of RGIII starting this week. There's a fat chance of that happening, but I really hope this offense goes from a run heavy offense to a pass heavy offense just so we can have a big sample of what the Bills have with EJ Manuel. So there's very little question after the season on whether we still need a QB or not.

These last six games are "The EJ Games."

Yes keep the threads coming! Last week 10-6, now 9-7, next 8-8, then 7-9, 6-10, 5-11, 4-12, 3-13... wait we've made the quota for one!

This team is terrible on offense; can't convert on third downs; can't get into the endzone; can't stop the run consistently; gives up too many big plays in the secondary; and is weak on special teams. So where is this optimism coming from?

Yes keep the threads coming! Last week 10-6, now 9-7, next 8-8, then 7-9, 6-10, 5-11, 4-12, 3-13... wait we've made the quota for one!

This team is terrible on offense; can't convert on third downs; can't get into the endzone; can't stop the run consistently; gives up too many big plays in the secondary; and is weak on special teams. So where is this optimism coming from?

very true post.

You almost wonder how good this team could be if they all played a great game for th eentire 60 mins.

I do not think we have seen that once this year.

Cleveland game and Pats game was mayb ethe closest. In both those we found a way to lose. Cleveland was more about EJ's injury.