10-6, why so hard to believe?

Hail Flutie

Ah yes, the annual 'why can't a 3-6 team run the table' thread. I look forward to this one every November!

Yes but for me at least, this is the only time that I can remember that it is at least within the realm of possibility that they could get close to running the table.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Manuel coming back, CJ seemingly healthy, our D improving, and a cushy schedule left, why not?

I feel like if this coaching staff is the real deal, they should be firing this team up to play to their potential and win out the season. They've been in every game except one. If they can go 5-6 before their bye, what's stopping them from being 9-6 going into Foxboro? Imagine that? It would be the most meaningful game this franchise has played in 10+ years. Between Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson, and Eric Wood this has to be floating around in the locker room.

In my opionion its up to Doug Marrone to prove he's not just a PR sound bite machine like every other loser coach who talks a big talk but can't motivate his players.

Am I being delusional, or who else has silently had this conversation with themselves?

Why not 10-6? Primarily, I believe it's because it's been a very long time since it's happened in Buffalo and that alone makes it feel impossible...your argument for its possibility is valid IMO and I understand your reasonsing, but I also think in today's day and age of parity in the NFL, it is virtually impossible to win 7 games in a row to end a season unless you have a dominant team, i.e. Denver or KC even Patsies over the last decade plus...."can" it be done, sure it can...and do I hope it will happend?? You betcha (in the voice of Sarah Palin)...but I also would just like to focus on this week...win in Pitt, that would be sweet...then I will look at the JETS game...then focus on the bye week...then preparing for the Falcons...you get the point...I think talking about 10-6, while wonderful to day-dream about - is truly getting ahead of ourselves...I just want the win IN Pitt this weekend, to me, that's a very important game for this team and the BILLS will most likely be missing one key player in Robert Woods, also big getting the win with an important part of their Offense, especially with EJ returning, missing....but hey, for this dream, I don't even need a dollar so .... let's play

With Manuel coming back, CJ seemingly healthy, our D improving, and a cushy schedule left, why not?

I feel like if this coaching staff is the real deal, they should be firing this team up to play to their potential and win out the season. They've been in every game except one. If they can go 5-6 before their bye, what's stopping them from being 9-6 going into Foxboro? Imagine that? It would be the most meaningful game this franchise has played in 10+ years. Between Kyle Williams, Fred Jackson, and Eric Wood this has to be floating around in the locker room.

In my opionion its up to Doug Marrone to prove he's not just a PR sound bite machine like every other loser coach who talks a big talk but can't motivate his players.

Am I being delusional, or who else has silently had this conversation with themselves?

You are being delusional. I have not even contemplated that in my wildest dreams. This team still had to learn how to win consistently and there are just too many question marks to assume anything other than learning how to play together this year. EJ Manuel also still has to prove that he is the Long-Term answer by being more consistent is his throwing motion and proving that he can stay healthy.