Stevie

NoSaint

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? If he didn't play the rest of the game , he is soft. Wow really can't please most fans.

Some fans gotta find some reason to complain in a loss...

The same board that killed Byrd for sitting out for more than a month now wants to criticize SJ for playing through an injury, being productive and scoring?? LOL

What are you people talking about? :wacko:

There's not one single person in this thread calling him soft, complaining about him or criticizing Stevie Johnson.

So is he officially injury prone? He almost always answers the bell, but it's almost always in a compromised health status. I credit him for gutting things out, but you need a #1 who can go more than 2 quarters without going off the field limping or holding something.

I'm curious to see if others in the dome chime in on this. I'd imagine it wasn't shown much on TV and outside of passes to him you wouldn't see him much.

It was shown several times on TV and the commentators made mention every time he entered and exited the game.

I got the impression he was in pain but that he was still able to contribute. I have to think the coaching staff wouldn't let him on the field if they truly felt he was a liability. Keep in mind, a banged up player can serve as a decoy. Simply being out there, gimpy or not, warrants attention from the D. They can't be 100% sure he isn't hamming it up and waiting for them to let down their guard.

It was shown several times on TV and the commentators made mention every time he entered and exited the game.

I got the impression he was in pain but that he was still able to contribute. I have to think the coaching staff wouldn't let him on the field if they truly felt he was a liability. Keep in mind, a banged up player can serve as a decoy. Simply being out there, gimpy or not, warrants attention from the D. They can't be 100% sure he isn't hamming it up and waiting for them to let down their guard.

I wouldn't be shocked if after watching the film they may have a week like they did with cj this week - a few comments along the lines of "the film shows he's not feeling as good as he claims" and then sitting him next week.

Tj, woods and Goodwin could've gotten heavy snaps, chandler gotten more work out wide too even if they don't like Easley or hogan.

Edited by NoSaint

Really, a post complaining that Stevie stayed in the game??!? Clearly, this is a guy that plays hurt A LOT. He was still very productive and moved the chains. Bench him, no way. He knows his body, he knows when to come out. I appreciate the effort from him. There may be a lot to complain about today, but SJ is not one of them.

I wouldn't be shocked if after watching the film they may have a week like they did with cj this week - a few comments along the lines of "the film shows he's not feeling as good as he claims" and then sitting him next week.

Tj, woods and Goodwin could've gotten heavy snaps, chandler gotten more work out wide too even if they don't like Easley or hogan.

I think Goodwin has an elbow injury?

Bad coaching to leave Stevie in to worsen his injury. Plain and simple.

If Hogan or Easley cant play better than Stevie with one leg then we should cut them both.

They can't. But I don't understand the point. SJ is the best receiver on the team. Yes, he drops balls when he's wide open and its maddening. But, he has the most consecutive 1K yard seasons with bad to average QB's. So, yes, he is better than average receivers on 1 leg. Just like one leg Drew Brees would be a better QB than Lewis.

So is he officially injury prone? He almost always answers the bell, but it's almost always in a compromised health status. I credit him for gutting things out, but you need a #1 who can go more than 2 quarters without going off the field limping or holding something.

We do need another WR, I think we will get one next year. SJ can't do it all himself. We need a big, fast target.

not true at all, most root for him, no one "hates" him, hes silly and lazy and loses concentration, but hes good and likeable.

Definitely not lazy and seems like one of the most "focused" players we have on the team. The things Stevie talks about in his interviews is all the things us fans complain about. He's always honest.

He has a little slouch jog to him when he goes to line up on scrimmage but that doesn't make him lazy. He plays with emotion and gets upset when things go wrong on the field. I would be the same way.