Some Scattered Thoughts About The Buffalo Bills Offense.....

I would like to see them go "hurry up" once they get at least one, and possibly two first downs. That would allow the defense to sit at least a minute or two longer as well as build a little momentum for the hurry up. This is especially important when you're pinned deep, as it seems the BILLS were most of the game today.

Doesn't the "hurry up" part by definition start after the first few first downs that keeps the chains moving....

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious RDB, how you saw this Dolphins game, and which unit was pulling the weight?

Defense had a better game than the Offense obviously. Thaddues had heavy pressure from the Fish blitz. We gotta improve on that because I'd think the Saints will do the same. Hopefully Fred and CJ can get healthy before next week.

During most of the game after we jumped out to the 14 point lead it felt like the D was getting run over and gashed. But they did win the game for us.

Looking at the box score, seems they did decent. 293 total yards. 120 on ground. Would like to see us improve against the run. Tackling once again this week was sloppy.

Improvements are needed on both sides of the ball. But I'm sure 31 other teams are saying the same right now.

Nice win.

go BILLS. !!!

Defense had a better game than the Offense obviously. Thaddues had heavy pressure from the Fish blitz. We gotta improve on that because I'd think the Saints will do the same. Hopefully Fred and CJ can get healthy before next week.

During most of the game after we jumped out to the 14 point lead it felt like the D was getting run over and gashed. But they did win the game for us.

Looking at the box score, seems they did decent. 293 total yards. 120 on ground. Would like to see us improve against the run. Tackling once again this week was sloppy.

Improvements are needed on both sides of the ball. But I'm sure 31 other teams are saying the same right now.

Nice win.

go BILLS. !!!

Run defense is a mindset and sure tackling. We definitely let the Dolphin's running backs rush more yards after contact.

• 3 weeks later...

Please don't take my point as being only based on statistics and points for against. Based on the flow of the game etc, I believe that the offense is miles ahead of the defense right now. That's my opinion.

Of the 2 games we won, one was mostly because the offense built up a big enough lead for the defense to protect, which they did. Why can't they play like on a more consistent basis? In the other, the offense came back and won it on the last play. In two of our losses, the defense gave up the lead on the last play of the game. They flat out sucked vs Bungles. Sloppy tackling, bad plan (how did those WR screens work all day?), and bad execution. The offense and kicking teams blew the Clowns game because we had no backup QB. (Some would argue a coaching fail, but I digress.)

The offense needs to get better too but, in my opinion ( take it for what it's worth ), the offense is a lot closer to being good and is even pretty darn good right now. I'm not basing that on stats, I'm basing it on moving the football and scoring points vs good defenses.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one I guess.

Red Dog, I am curious where your thoughts are about the Defense and Offensive units at this point...

Edited by Marauder'sMicro