Hammer's Lot Question

Ok not sure what a flight from Vegas has to do with Mr Hammers parking lot but thanks for sharing

well, I was commenting to Mr. Info's post as he wondered what other people's impossible airport and traffic feats have been. It didnt have anything to do with any game but was all about the airport. If you've ever been in and out of Vegas you would clearly understand how busy of an airport it can be. My story about boozing and the plane being delayed was my little gift to everyone. Glad you enjoyed it. I see that your status is no longer active. Not sure if your reading this anyway, but you now have your answer.

I parked at Hammers for the opener. At the final tick of 0:00 I bolted out and made it to my truck quickly, maybe 6-7 minutes. Had time to get a bathroom stop at the johns and say bye to anyone who was there already and took off. Over the next 25 minutes I was able to make it 3/4 mile. As soon as I could I turned off there at Danny's and took any road I could to get away. I made it to 90W in probably 40 minutes, although I had to go further East to go West faster.

I drove. I was inErie, pa within an hour of the end of the game.

In regards to the OP's question, the best I can deduce from your info is that it may be possible to get to the BUF airport for a 6:30 flight IF the game does not run long and you scramble out of the Ralph quickly and have a good spot at Hammers. This is based on the mileage you indicated that you traveled in one hour. However, a couple of elements scramble this possibility: 1.) You were traveling in the opposite direction of the airport and traffic may be more of a factor going in the other direction 2.) you say that you were in Erie "within an hour at the end of the game". Erie is 86 miles from the Ralph. You also stated that "I made it to 90W in probably 40 min". Though I am highly skeptical of the first statement, it really blows up in combination with the other statement. The best I can tell, you got fairly far going southwest from the Ralph within an hour or so of the game using the steps you took. Perhaps the OP can use that. Edited by Mr Info

What time did you get to the BUF airport and get through security for your flight? The OP noted it was his father that would be taking the flight. You are a bit younger and may be moving faster to get to your vehicle than he would. Lots of comments here but not many really relate to the OPs question regarding getting his father to the BUF airport for a 6:30 flight after a 1:00 game when parking in Hammer's lot. For those that have mentioned other lots, are you indicating that parking there would circumvent the exodus somehow and allow the opportunity to make the 6:30 flight? I find it difficult to interpret some of the replies.

The ECC lot is great to get out of even right at the end of the game. Once out of the lot, quick right on Brompton, Right at MCKinley, left at 2nd light, and bam, there is the entrance to the 90.To really make it watching to end of game(ending at 4), one would need to be at scoreboard end standing somewhere, and when last play ends, hustle, and i ,mean really hustle to the gates and car. ECC a 10 minute walk to stadium, i would try to make it in 5.

Out of lot at 4.30, you could make to airport by 5.20 would be my guess.

Again,this is based on 4pm end time and the ability to semi jog back to car.

I too have not made a 6.30 flight, but have made several of the 7 and afters, so I cannot say have done this, but i think its better than 50/50 you can make the flight.

Only other time I have made a flight less than that is at BWI from Ravens stadium. Grabbed a cab right outside gates immediately after game, was at BWI in 20 minutes

Park in lot 5. Take Southwestern/Transit all the way to the Airport. I am home usually by 4:30 or so from a 1PM game & I live in Lancaster about 15 minutes from the airport. People that are telling you you wont make a 6:30 flight don't know what they are talking about.

Park in lot 5. Take Southwestern/Transit all the way to the Airport. I am home usually by 4:30 or so from a 1PM game & I live in Lancaster about 15 minutes from the airport. People that are telling you you wont make a 6:30 flight don't know what they are talking about.

Call the Bills today & see if you could get a D pass for Lot 5. There $20 for suite holders. Not sure if they will sell them to you. Get there at 9 or a little after. When you go into the lot you go pass the security guards. Stay left. They will wave you to the back once your past them just head to the middle(they wont stop you.) By middle I mean the road where all the cars have to get to to get out leading to Southwestern. You get one of those spots your home free. You just have to pull your car up & your on southwestern. Once your on southwestern you will be at the airport in 20 minutes guaranteed.

In regards to the OP's question, the best I can deduce from your info is that it may be possible to get to the BUF airport for a 6:30 flight IF the game does not run long and you scramble out of the Ralph quickly and have a good spot at Hammers. This is based on the mileage you indicated that you traveled in one hour. However, a couple of elements scramble this possibility: 1.) You were traveling in the opposite direction of the airport and traffic may be more of a factor going in the other direction 2.) you say that you were in Erie "within an hour at the end of the game". Erie is 86 miles from the Ralph. You also stated that "I made it to 90W in probably 40 min". Though I am highly skeptical of the first statement, it really blows up in combination with the other statement. The best I can tell, you got fairly far going southwest from the Ralph within an hour or so of the game using the steps you took. Perhaps the OP can use that.

Why would you park @ Hammer's if you want to get to the airport. I told him how to get to the airport on time. If he wants to get there on time he needs to park in lot 5.

Hey everyone- sorry for not getting back sooner, my computer was stolen from the library yesterday while I got up during studying, so I've been off the internet since.

Thanks a lot for all the replies, I appreciate the help. Getting home isn't an issue for me, as I am driving back to Syracuse after the game. The issue is that my dad has to take a flight back to Maryland after the game. In the past we've made 7:00 flights to get back home with a little time to spare, but it sounds like we may need to leave the game early. Sadly, theres a solid chance the Bills level of play may make us leave early anyways (I hope not). But thanks again everyone for the suggestions.

Here's to hoping Coach Marrone and Thad have something big up their sleeves :beer::doh:

Cheers

Hey everyone- sorry for not getting back sooner, my computer was stolen from the library yesterday while I got up during studying, so I've been off the internet since.

Thanks a lot for all the replies, I appreciate the help. Getting home isn't an issue for me, as I am driving back to Syracuse after the game. The issue is that my dad has to take a flight back to Maryland after the game. In the past we've made 7:00 flights to get back home with a little time to spare, but it sounds like we may need to leave the game early. Sadly, theres a solid chance the Bills level of play may make us leave early anyways (I hope not). But thanks again everyone for the suggestions.

Here's to hoping Coach Marrone and Thad have something big up their sleeves :beer::doh:

Sorry to hear about your computer but glad you got some info to help you. If your father is going back to BWI on SW, that flight is at 6:20, not 6:30. Ten minutes can mean a lot when you are hustling to catch a plane.

Why would you park @ Hammer's if you want to get to the airport. I told him how to get to the airport on time. If he wants to get there on time he needs to park in lot 5.

That was the info from jboys. He was trying to get to Erie not the BUF airport.

In regards to the OP's question, the best I can deduce from your info is that it may be possible to get to the BUF airport for a 6:30 flight IF the game does not run long and you scramble out of the Ralph quickly and have a good spot at Hammers. This is based on the mileage you indicated that you traveled in one hour. However, a couple of elements scramble this possibility: 1.) You were traveling in the opposite direction of the airport and traffic may be more of a factor going in the other direction 2.) you say that you were in Erie "within an hour at the end of the game". Erie is 86 miles from the Ralph. You also stated that "I made it to 90W in probably 40 min". Though I am highly skeptical of the first statement, it really blows up in combination with the other statement. The best I can tell, you got fairly far going southwest from the Ralph within an hour or so of the game using the steps you took. Perhaps the OP can use that.

Meh, meant from the time I got on 90 it was an hour to Erie/I79S.

I do not know which way the airport is - just trying to help any way i could.

Listen to the advice of those who park on the North side of the stadium. Once you have park, head on down to Hammer's lot if you like. Beside the K and M show @11:30am sharp we have some guest parkers, The foam finger nation guys(.com it) traveling in a 67 VW Bus doing the 32 stadium tour in 17 weeks. stop by and say HI. They are filming a documentry about extreme football fans.

Leave at the end of the 3rd quarter and listen to the rest of the game on the radio. Then kick yourself later if it's a close game that goes into overtime. Can you set it to record it at home in case the end is worth watching?

No way you will get to BUF at 5:30 check-in if you stay until the end of the game. Take it from a seasoned traveler.

Then tell your Dad to NEVER do that again....

Leave at the end of the 3rd quarter and listen to the rest of the game on the radio. Then kick yourself later if it's a close game that goes into overtime. Can you set it to record it at home in case the end is worth watching?

No way you will get to BUF at 5:30 check-in if you stay until the end of the game. Take it from a seasoned traveler.

Then tell your Dad to NEVER do that again....

If he follows my advice as long as the game does not go into overtime he will get to the airport no later then 5:15. Trust me.

Call the Bills today & see if you could get a D pass for Lot 5. There $20 for suite holders. Not sure if they will sell them to you. Get there at 9 or a little after. When you go into the lot you go pass the security guards. Stay left. They will wave you to the back once your past them just head to the middle(they wont stop you.) By middle I mean the road where all the cars have to get to to get out leading to Southwestern. You get one of those spots your home free. You just have to pull your car up & your on southwestern. Once your on southwestern you will be at the airport in 20 minutes guaranteed.

Thanks so much for your help!! I will park in lot 5, and not bother getting on the thruway. I really appreciate it.

Thanks so much for your help!! I will park in lot 5, and not bother getting on the thruway. I really appreciate it.

Listen though here is the important thing. When you turn into lot 5 make sure you stay left. If you go right to park they will make you go down abbot. Also, try to get as close to the center aisle as possible(the aisle you turn into off of southwestern. I am usually home at my house if the game ends @ 4:00 or so no later then 4:30. I live probably 15 minutes from the airport so if you follow my advice you should have plenty of time. You also might want to just park there & you & your dad could take the walk over to Hammers to get with a small cooler if you want to get the full tailgate experience. Just make sure you dont have an open container when you cross the street as they have been ticketing people for that. Hope you have a great time.