More upside the rest of the season?

Buftex

Geno Smith

Terrell Pryor

Andy Dalton

Shopping for a backup QB, with EJ hurt. I see upside in all three guys...leaning toward one of them (don't want to divulge which, in case Blue Fire is mining the board), but interested in your opinions.

I hate to say it, but I think Geno has the most upside. But, I have Dalton as my backup over Geno. For me, it's more about fit with my starter and when I might realistically play him, i.e. on my starter's bye week. i've been watching Pryor and could play him week 9 against Phili instead of Dalton against Miami....

Who is your starter?

Both of these are correct. You really only need the guy for the your starters bye week so plan ahead and grab whoever has the best matchup.

If you're asking who I like best, I agree with Johnny. Pryor because of the run/pass threat is who I've picke up in a couple of leagues.

Primarily you're looking for a bye week replacement, so check the schedule for your starter's bye week and see what the matchups look like for those 3.

Otherwise, for a backup QB I would look to limit downside rather than focus on upside. I know it's fashionable to hate on Dalton, but he does have AJ Green and is the guy out of that group least likely to completely sh-- the bed in a given week.

Pryor has more upside because he will only get better and can't get much worse.

Dalton has not hit his rhythm. He still could. He is in his 3rd year and could pick it up at some point and really set a fire to his play.

Geno Smith might be the best option because he plays on a team that gives him a lot of opportunity. Of course, in fantasy football that doesn't mean much because he squanders opportunity.

Christian Ponder

:censored::lol: I knew you would see this!

For whoever asked...I have Tom Brady as my QB...he got me a whopping 4.60 points this past week...I could have picked Peyton Manning on draft day...I may never live this one down! Before EJ Manuel got hurt, he actually had more fantasy points in our league than Brady....what a miserable season...so, it is possible my back-up could become a long-term starter at some point...

Primarily you're looking for a bye week replacement, so check the schedule for your starter's bye week and see what the matchups look like for those 3.

Otherwise, for a backup QB I would look to limit downside rather than focus on upside. I know it's fashionable to hate on Dalton, but he does have AJ Green and is the guy out of that group least likely to completely sh-- the bed in a given week.

Yes, you are right...I formed my question poorly...why I rarely start threads. I really meant, the rest of the season, which of those three guys is likely to post the best FF numbers the rest of the way. I had Dalton as my back-up last season...he was solid, week in week out...I finally benched Cam Newton in favor of him late in the season...and of course, Newton had a monster game (close to 50pts IIRC)...but Dalton still got his standard 20 pts or so. Andy seems to be having a tough start this season, but it is hard to ignore all the weapons he has on offense.

I have also been impressed with Pryor and the Raiders WR's. They really seem to be fighting for him, going after the ball harder than I can recall from Raider receivers in some time. I have seen three of their games this season...don't know that the Raiders make any noise at playoff time, but Pryor is far better than I was lead to believe he ever could be by the "talking heads".

Gino has been a little more inconsistant...but when he has been good, he has been very very good. Biggest downside for me, on him, is that he has the same bye-week as Brady...and I don't really know if I trust his receivers. Plus,I am not sure if I can stomach having the QB's from both the Pats and the Jets on my roster.... :sick:

Edited by Buftex

I picked up Pryor. For whatever reason, I like the kid...and I think the Raiders offense might come alive as the season wares on, with this kid at the helm. Can't remember the last time I had a Raider on my FF team!

Edited by Buftex

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.