Bills add LB Ty Powell and DB Brandon Smith to the Active Roster

I didn't understand the Dowtin signing at the time. I don't understand his release at this time. I am betting there is more to it, perhaps he just did not have the heart, who knows. He seemed like viable depth.

Powell is expected to be a better ST performer with his excellent size and explosiveness. http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-add-LB-Powell-and-CB-Smith-to-53-man-roster/8c7e4752-8012-4074-a558-56bca94cb856

The club signed Powell off the New York Giants practice squad Tuesday. Powell (6-3, 250) is a former seventh-round pick of the Seattle Seahawks this past spring. Powell is a versatile athlete having played defensive end, linebacker and safety for Harding in college. He was also one of the most explosive athletes at his position group at the NFL Combine. He had one of the best vertical leaps (37”) and best three-cone drill times (6.98). He also ran a 4.6 40-time and had 28 reps on the bench press. Powell could prove to be an instant impact special teams player. He blocked a school-record four kicks in college.

Powell is expected to be a better ST performer with his excellent size and explosiveness. http://www.buffalobi...58-56bca94cb856

The club signed Powell off the New York Giants practice squad Tuesday. Powell (6-3, 250) is a former seventh-round pick of the Seattle Seahawks this past spring. Powell is a versatile athlete having played defensive end, linebacker and safety for Harding in college. He was also one of the most explosive athletes at his position group at the NFL Combine. He had one of the best vertical leaps (37”) and best three-cone drill times (6.98). He also ran a 4.6 40-time and had 28 reps on the bench press. Powell could prove to be an instant impact special teams player. He blocked a school-record four kicks in college.

After that special teams debacle which directly led to the loss against Cleveland, it's not wonder they want to bring in players to shore up that area.

GO BILLS!!!

Once again, Uncle Flap had the Powell signing (along with Dixon) predicted here a day and a half ago. I mention this because guys are routinely flamed for offering what they claim is "inside" info. Flap was 2 for 2 and when he speaks again I'll be the first to rooster an ear.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

Here is an interesting article on ex-WR Brandon Smith

Packers' Brandon Smith impresses with switch from WR to DB

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-brandon-smith-impresses-with-switch-from-wr-to-db-b9970733z1-218781181.html

"Tall at 6 feet 1 inches. Muscular at 204 pounds. Consistently has run 40 yards between 4.37 to 4.41 seconds. Owns a 40-inch vertical jump."

Compared to other Green Bay CB candidates:

"What Smith has that nobody else does is height and very long (32 5/8-inch) arms."

Last night, they talked about Cromartie's long arms as he wrapped up Julio Jones.

Smith has a lot of great physical qualities. I hope the Bills can hone his skills, and make good use of him. The DB coaches seem to have done very well with our existing DBs.

Here is an interesting article on ex-WR Brandon Smith

Packers' Brandon Smith impresses with switch from WR to DB

http://www.jsonline....-218781181.html

"Tall at 6 feet 1 inches. Muscular at 204 pounds. Consistently has run 40 yards between 4.37 to 4.41 seconds. Owns a 40-inch vertical jump."

Compared to other Green Bay CB candidates:

"What Smith has that nobody else does is height and very long (32 5/8-inch) arms."

Last night, they talked about Cromartie's long arms as he wrapped up Julio Jones.

Smith has a lot of great physical qualities. I hope the Bills can hone his skills, and make good use of him. The DB coaches seem to have done very well with our existing DBs.

Didn't Bucky Brooks switch to CB with Packers?

He was also one of the most explosive athletes at his position group at the NFL Combine. He had one of the best vertical leaps (37”) and best three-cone drill times (6.98). He also ran a 4.6 40-time and had 28 reps on the bench press. Powell could prove to be an instant impact special teams player. He blocked a school-record four kicks in college.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2SuF9wxBjs

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

From the 2013 Mel Kiper draft Report Ty Powell

"Played saftey as a Juco . Very strong athletic quick and tough. He is a tenacious worrior who will hit you and hurt you "

sounds like the kind of player worth taking a look at

he is list as 6'2 249 on draft day. I wonder what weight he played safety at . he must have been wrecking people

Once again, Uncle Flap had the Powell signing (along with Dixon) predicted here a day and a half ago. I mention this because guys are routinely flamed for offering what they claim is "inside" info. Flap was 2 for 2 and when he speaks again I'll be the first to rooster an ear.

Sounds dangerous!