Who do you want starting the Cincinnati game?

Breakdance

Who do you want starting the Cincinnati game?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want starting the Cincinnati game?

• Jeff Tuel
    • Thaddeus Lewis
    • Tim Tebow
    • Josh Freeman
    • Vince Young
    • JaMarcus Russell
    • Byron Leftwich
    • David Carr
    • Charlie Batch
    • Trent Edwards

I voted for Tebow. A guy can dream, right? Since he's under contract with Gene Simmons I'm not sure that's possible.

I'd bet the farm that his contract has an "if the NFL calls" escape clause.

Edited by judman

I would say Freeman.

Freeman first since he is in game shape and ready to go. Also the Bills play 3 more games against NFC south opponents. This could help his learning curve of the offense. Tuel just is not very good right now.

I know Freeman would like a long term deal but if none are coming, which they have not, then he needs to sign. Freeman treats the time he can start as an audition for next year. Maybe not for Buffalo but teams always have a need for a serviceable QB, Tuel is not one right now.

Dennis Dixon should be added to that list.

The only other guys besides Dixon that I'd want to see are Freeman or Tuel.

And that was poor phrasing, because I don't want to see Tuel, but since he already knows the offense and the team has a long week to install a game plan for Tuel, he might actually be the best option depending on when they bring someone else in.

Dixon can run the read option, has plenty of arm strength, and I'm not sure that he's ever gotten a fair shake in the NFL thus far.

The rumors surrounding Freeman make me a tad skeptical about bringing him in, but Buffalo may be a good spot for him since he won't be expected to be the savior going forward. If he manages to put a stranglehold on the starting spot, it's a win-win. He can parlay his good play into a juicy FA contract after the year is over with someone else, or re-sign with the Bills and lead the charge the next few years.

I'd still rather see Dixon tho, because his career trajectory so far lends itself to eventually being the backup and being ok with that. Freeman could be be disgruntled and IMO more likely to create a QB controversy once EJ is healthy.

I'm voting for Vince young, he gives us the best shot to win. But I have a gut feeling we're getting Tim Tebow. If you're going to tank a season without Ej you might as well sell out the games. Tebow would do just that. Tebow in the middle of Freddy Jack and Spiller.. I'd watch. This could be the opportunity we have to take after the bad karma we got for f:¢_ing over Flutie. Giving Tebow a shot makes us even in my eyes.

Anyone who selected Tebow should have to serve a one week ban as a penalty... Just sayin'

How much of a ban should someone have to serve for posting this? :w00t:

I personally voted for Tuel. If he's given the chance to practice with the starters, and if his supporting cast isn't completely dominated the way it had been by the Browns, there's a chance he'll look a lot better than he did against Cleveland.

But obviously the Bills need to bring in another QB in case something happens to Tuel. If Tuel plays badly over the next few weeks, that other QB would be bumped up on the depth chart. (After he's had the chance to learn at least some of the offense.)

Trent Edwards would be a good choice for that other QB. He's a seasoned veteran, he's not going to be a cancer in the locker room, and he's not afraid to dump the ball off if the pass protection isn't there. He's also played well enough to beat out Fitz in training camp--twice!--which isn't something your average third string QB can say.

In all honestly Leftwich is probably the best lol. However, he would likely break his body by the second snap. JP would be like some strange dream....and Freeman probably will look to a franchise where he thinks he could earn the start long-term. So idk...we're kind of out of luck.

Is there some obscure Canadian QB we can call down for a few weeks?