Manningh can't beat the Pats

7 minutes left in the game and Mr. "49 TD passes" has got z-i-p-p-o!    He'll be just like Marino...the best QB never to win the big one.

PTR

207725[/snapback]

Very similar, indeed... they both have that same deer-in-the-headlights look in really big games.

That is how I have viewed Manning since last year's AFC championship. Manning is a Marino-like stat freak but weak, lily-livered wuss in the playoffs.

LET'S GO INSURANCE ADJUSTERS, LET'S GO!!!!!

LET'S GO ISOTONERS, LET'S GO!!!!!

CALL ME DAN!!!! (as in Marino)

CALL ME DAN!!!! (as in stat-freak, no playoff winning meathead)

:)<_<:D:):lol:

Dungy will never beat Belichick in the playoffs.

JMO:

Football teams are a a reflection of their head coaches.

Belichick: smart, tough minded, competitive, gutsy, plays to win

Dungy: conservative, whines about officiating, wimpy (doesn't go for it on 4th and short), plays not to lose

The Colts will never beat the Patriots in the playoffs as long as these two men stay in their present jobs.

signed,

Mrs. Captain Obvious

Anyone else think he

s being a bit of a baby?

(well, not right now, after NE just recovered a fumble to seal it)... But when they went down by 10, peyton was pissed off from then on, and showed it... kept yelling, shaking his head, angrily taking off his helmet...

Reminds me of the "leadership" shown by Thurman Thomas after his fumble in SB 27, when he went and pouted. . . even though we still had the lead.

It's like PM isn't happy if defenses don't roll over for him..

Can't win the Big One?

Hell the guy can't even get there.

Blame it on weather all you want.

The best QB in this league right now, Tom Brady, is playing in the same stuff.

Anyone else think he

s being a bit of a baby?

(well, not right now, after NE just recovered a fumble to seal it)... But when they went down by 10, peyton was pissed off from then on, and showed it... kept yelling, shaking his head, angrily taking off his helmet...

Reminds me of the "leadership" shown by Thurman Thomas after his fumble in SB 27, when he went and pouted. .  . even though we still had the lead.

207781[/snapback]

Again, that reminds me more of Loser Dan. <_<:):)

Very similar, indeed... they both have that same deer-in-the-headlights look in really big games.

207739[/snapback]

But I thought everyone here would trade Bledsoe for Manning? If Manning also always chokes in the big games, what would be the point of the trade? <_<

CW

And nice job of building up that defense for a playoff run Bill Polian.  <_<

207809[/snapback]

Lol, at least they have made it to the playoffs. Unlike us.

And as far as Peyton not "winning the big one" he's just coming in to his prime. The guy has more than half his career left. How old was John Elway when he got over the hump????

It'll come...just not this year. I often wonder if the guy has difficulty sleeping at night though.

But I thought everyone here would trade Bledsoe for Manning?  If Manning also always chokes in the big games, what would be the point of the trade? <_<

CW

207819[/snapback]

Salary cap notwithstanding, I'd trade him for Drew, at least he'd get the Bills in the playoffs... but unfortunately still no Suoper Bowl win. :)

Lol, at least they have made it to the playoffs. Unlike us.

And as far as Peyton not "winning the big one" he's just coming in to his prime. The guy has more than half his career left. How old was John Elway when he got over the hump????

It'll come...just not this year. I often wonder if the guy has difficulty sleeping at night though.

207823[/snapback]

la la lalalalala....yeah, and I'm still waiting for Drew Bledsoe to hit his peak. You'll be waiting for Peyton's kid to QB in the NFL.

PTR

About 3-4 years older than Bledsoe currently is.

You asked. <_<

CW

Salary cap notwithstanding, I'd trade him for Drew, at least he'd get the Bills in the playoffs... but unfortunately still no Suoper Bowl win. <_<

207830[/snapback]

I don't think anyone would disagree with this. But again, what would be the point? The general mentality seems to be "Superbowl or we sucks!" Since Manning can't win the big game, why would we bother with him? Wouldn't JPL be better, as we're not sure if he sucks or not?

I don't agree with it, but it's food for thought.

CW

Salary cap notwithstanding, I'd trade him for Drew, at least he'd get the Bills in the playoffs... but unfortunately still no Suoper Bowl win. <_<

207830[/snapback]

Jeez, why bother? Why don't we just get a QB who CAN win the big one? Some people are so hung up on big-name atheltes.

PTR

It seemed to me the problem was that the Patriots' secondary outplayed the Colts' receivers. Those receivers had a ton of drops; and add to that the fact they had trouble getting open. I don't know if it was a case of those guys failing to adjust to the cold or what, but those receivers sure didn't live up to the hype today.