PFF: Race 4 rookie of the year

Pro Football Focus@PFF5m

There's a new man atop our Race for Rookie of the Year. And that man is Sheldon Richardson. See who else ranks https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/01/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-week-4-2/

Not sure why they're lumping all rookies in together when there will be an award for both OROY and DROY.

Unfortunately for PFF you need actual stats to be voted ROY. It's an interesting evaluation but I think the voters are more about stats like sacks, int's, tackles, etc. Unless Richardson has a ton of sacks, I doubt he gets it over someone like Kiko who might end up with double digit int's. Their system of + and - isn't the standard

not sure why they have him over Kiko at all..he has a total of 19 tackles and 1.5 sacks...for a DT I can see that as pretty good for a rookie but he's a DE that should have a bit better stats for being seen as top guy for ROY...they don't even have E.J. listed on the list at all...not even in the rookies to watch section...they do have Woods though..anyways, if you multiply their current stats by 4 you get:

S. Richardson = 76 tackles , 6 sacks

Kiko Alonso = 128 tackles, 4 sacks, 4 FF, 16 Ints, 4 fumble recoveries

not exact science but hmm..who looks better??...plus how much better does Kiko look if 3 or 4 of those int's are pick six..:)

Edited by Tsaikotic

not sure why they have him over Kiko at all..he has a total of 19 tackles and 1.5 sacks...for a DT I can see that as pretty good for a rookie but he's a DE that should have a bit better stats for being seen as top guy for ROY...they don't even have E.J. listed on the list at all...not even in the rookies to watch section...they do have Woods though..anyways, if you multiply their current stats by 4 you get:

S. Richardson = 76 tackles , 6 sacks

Kiko Alonso = 128 tackles, 4 sacks, 4 FF, 16 Ints, 4 fumble recoveries

not exact science but hmm..who looks better??...plus how much better does Kiko look if 3 or 4 of those int's are pick six..:)

if Alonso gets 16 picks I'll eat my underpants.

if Alonso gets 16 picks I'll eat my underpants.

I printed this then had it notarized. I also mailed a hard copy to Beerball.

lol..not saying he will..just doing that stats thing that "professional's" like to do to try to predict what players will do after 1/4 of play...