Hackett not giving Manuel "easy throws" a little frustrating

Big Turk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to read the whole thread before commenting, then you wouldn't have to go through all the trouble to make posts like this. All coaches have years and years of experiences and knowledge to draw on that involve other coaches and different philosophies. I never stated that "NFL coaches have their own philosophy and don't/won't adopt other coaches philosophies". All coaches learn from other coaches. The topic of this thread is Chan Gailey. And no, I don't for one second think that Hackett and Marrone will suddenly abandon what they're doing and look to what 'worked' (however briefly) in Chan Gailey's offenses at this point in time, as people in this thread are suggesting. Or, as others are saying, take the best of Chan and combine it with the best of what they're doing. Chan the man started what, 0-8? These threads shouldn't even exist at this point. They've played three games.

Gailey was the HC/OC, so it's one in the same. Good plan. Well, when you get to Brandon's stature within an NFL organization, you can hire anyone you want. Good luck with that.

I've read the whole thread. You are being dishonest with your claims. You have even disowned your prior claims. You don't even know what you are arguing. There is only one place for you to go--visit PPP for your final redemption/disposition. Hehe.

You need to read the whole thread before commenting, then you wouldn't have to go through all the trouble to make posts like this. All coaches have years and years of experiences and knowledge to draw on that involve other coaches and different philosophies. I never stated that "NFL coaches have their own philosophy and don't/won't adopt other coaches philosophies". All coaches learn from other coaches. The topic of this thread is Chan Gailey. And no, I don't for one second think that Hackett and Marrone will suddenly abandon what they're doing and look to what 'worked' (however briefly) in Chan Gailey's offenses at this point in time, as people in this thread are suggesting. Or, as others are saying, take the best of Chan and combine it with the best of what they're doing. Chan the man started what, 0-8? These threads shouldn't even exist at this point. They've played three games.

Gailey was the HC/OC, so it's one in the same. Good plan. Well, when you get to Brandon's stature within an NFL organization, you can hire anyone you want. Good luck with that.

Actually you did:

Haha jesus do you even know how ludicrous what you're saying is? Have you ever heard of a coach being ousted and the new regime taking from his philosophies? Or a coach being demoted to a coordinator position then having a new HC come in? This is unprecedented, stupid thinking but many here are acting like it's a legit argument. Yeah, let's have a whole new regime come in, but wait--the new HC is going to run the old HC's offense. The answer to the bolded is that NO ONE does this. No new coaching staff will EVER F******** do this. They have their own philosophies and knowledge to draw from. They've worked their ways up into more prominent positions. They are going to do things how they see it best. And if you look at my previous posts, and almost all by people commenting on Gailey, it's acknowledged that not everything he did was bad. Some things were good. But these posts are some of the stupidest I've ever seen on TBD, and that's saying something

You suggest that others read the entire thread, perhaps you should as well? You're contradicting yourself, repeatedly. All in a rather poor attempt at objectivity. Just admit you dislike Gailey and all he did and think nothing he did here was good. Hence, Hacket should ignore any postives that Gailey was able to achieve from Stevie or Spiller, or the O line or Chandler. That would be a more convincing argument and perhaps easier for you to defend than your current line of rambling.

What is people's fascination with Gailey. His offense was figured out about a third of the way through the season. Yeah he used screens well, so what. How does every forget how stagnant and terrible our offense was once teams started pressing our WR's and taking away the quick hitters, which were the only ones FItz could do consistently? The offense was absolutely stopped in its tracks once teams got physical with our WR's.

The Offense was stopped in it's tracks by Fitz's inability to execute consistently. He was terribly inaccurate down the field, he threw the ball to the other team too often, and he was streaky...When he was on a bad streak he was really bad...I never felt Gailey was all that bad as an OC...Sometimes his play calling left a lot to be desired...But it cannot be denied that he drew up some great plays, he got a hell of a lot out of some VERY average talent, and more than anything he knew how to get Spiller the ball in space...Something our Offense has been unable to do for 3 straight games now...

I'm not Gailey's biggest fan, but I do think if he was simply the OC, and had EJ to work with, this Offense would be farther along than it is right now...That's not to say that Hackett can't get it right in time...But I am a bit disappointed that the Bills seem to have abandon the many ways Gailey used to get Spiller loose...If we can't at least do that, EJ is going to have a hell of an uphill battle the rest of the year... B-)

Hackett is way in over his head. Bad hire. Sure he can gain experience over two to three years. Now, he is clearly out matched. As said, bad hire.

I have no idea if Hackett is an issue but if you are expecting glowing results from an offense that features a line that opens few holes and protects poorly, in combo with a rookie QB who seems lost at times and whose accuracy is at best questionable and a receiving corps with one NFL caliber player.........