ESPN...Teams targeting tired Bills D

Kemp2Warlick

Is that your response to my post? My post was a response to K-9's demand for someone to do his homework for him. ;) I freely admit the numbers aren't "facts", but that's sort of the game with answering an ambiguous question.

PS: I don't have a dog in this fight. For instance, has it been shown ToP differential is directly correlated to how "tired a defense" happens to be as measured by some (well defined) standard and while controlling all other variables? I doubt it. B-)

No it wasn't.

It was in reference to ESPN. Extra Stupid People Nightly.

Let me restate it

What a crock of BS - from ESPN writers.

The fast pace has nothing to do with a "tired" defense. IF its' tired at all!! Tied defenses let teams run and pass all over them on numerous drives in the 4th QTR

The Bills D is tired because they can't get themselves off the field by keeping other teams to 3 and out.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a better way to fix it - make first downs. No matter how much they slow down, if the cannot stay on the filed, it is not going to help. Pace is not the problem - execution is. If they cannot fix that, it does not matter how long they do or do not take to snap the ball.

Pace and execution go hand in hand, though. I know they are trying to throw the defense off balance but guess what, it's not working, and you are rushing a rookie into making quick plays without fully analyzing the defense. They should scrap it and design better percentage plays for EJ to keep the chains moving and keep the Buffalo D off the field more. But are they man enough to admit the hurry up is part of the problem, not the solution, and scrap it four games into the season?

its always a question of execution....and since the O can't execute at this point it would be best to slow it down. As many of us agree the D needs some rest. I would submit Hackett needs to look at the defense he;s against once in awhile too so he can make adjustments and calls that may have more success.

Too many 3 and outs and some real craziness like last week after the sack 3rd and long and nice play on the side line and out of bounds 4th and 7 if I recall ... and they rush right back to the line, the The D comes hard again and EJ is forced to throw a bad pass. It was one of the more bizarre things I have seen in the NFL. No secret they were going to come hard and we don;t think it would be good to huddle up and talk about it. It was make a 1st down or game over so why no huddle.

Its going to continue. We have a rookie back there and the opponents will keep coming until we can execute effectively and repeatedly and i don't see it getting better. Its a real shame too because this team has some talent and EJ has a future if we can keep him upright and confidence in tact.

Well we know they don't listen to us experts so here's to rooting for the Bills and hoping the O suddenly starts stringing 1st downs together.....and hoping the D doesn't get demoralized.

Go Bills!

Bills have fasted-paced offense. Quicker than Chip Kelly & Peyton Manning....

http://www.nfl.com/n...fastest-offense

To be fair they're measuring the time between plays. The Denver offense has to move down field after a 15-20 yard completion which takes extra time. The Bills offense, on the other hand, has to move a yard from the original LoS.

To be fair they're measuring the time between plays. The Denver offense has to move down field after a 15-20 yard completion which takes extra time. The Bills offense, on the other hand, has to move a yard from the original LoS.

this :thumbsup:

You win, "post of the day!" :lol: