It's not that hard to believe

JP-era

Drew should see if he can tag along with Travis Henry to Arizona if the Cards throw in a bag of balls. This is HUGE news! I'm sure NJ Sue will curl up in the fetal position as soon as she hears about it.

My question is who else will the Bills bring in at QB? If Bledsoe gets released, will the Bills bring in another veteran QB as insurance if JP is not ready? Also, will they draft or bring in a backup QB, or offer a contract to Shane Matthews to stick around? Thirdly, who will be the #3 QB? Lots of questions!

PTR

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a second for Henry would be something of a minor miracle as far as I'm concerned. But let's take some of Bledsoe's money so we can apply it where we need it most.

In a kicker. :rolleyes:

207147[/snapback]

No doubt I agree a 2nd Rounder would be awesome for Travis...I hope the Bills take a OT, and an OG with the 2nd Rounders...Lets build that O-Line into a dominant Unit for years to come... :(

Getting a second for Henry would be something of a minor miracle as far as I'm concerned. But let's take some of Bledsoe's money so we can apply it where we need it most.

In a kicker. :rolleyes:

207147[/snapback]

Riddle me this. If a team, any team, took a RB in the late second round of a draft, and that player had a solid rookie season splitting time (around 700 yards), then had back to back excellent years, with 2800 yards and 25 touchdowns, and then got hurt for most of his 4th year and didn't play much, wouldn't that team think they made an excellent econd round draft pick? Even with the one bad year and injury? I know if I was a GM and I got that player with the 20th or so pick of the second round, I would be happy if not thrilled.

Therefore, Travis Henry is worth a second round pick. Furthermore, I see no reason why a team that needs a RB would not trade a #3 for Travis which goes to a #2 if he starts and has a productive year and which goes to a #1 if he gets 1400 yards and 12 TDs or so.

Drew should see if he can tag along with Travis Henry to Arizona if the Cards throw in a bag of balls.  This is HUGE news!  I'm sure NJ Sue will curl up in the fetal position as soon as she hears about it. 

My question is who else will the Bills bring in at QB?  If Bledsoe gets released, will the Bills bring in another veteran QB as insurance if JP is not ready?  Also, will they draft or bring in a backup QB, or offer a contract to Shane Matthews to stick around?  Thirdly, who will be the #3 QB?  Lots of questions!

PTR

207160[/snapback]

Could it be Kurt Warner? He isnt like Drew who labeled the team HIS team. He simply said that he is a starter when Eli started. NOT THE SAME!

Dont put words in MY mouth. I never said that Mort said that. Mort DID say that the Bills were ready to go with Losman. That doesnt mean that he is now the starter only that he is "ready" in there minds to compete for the job.

207156[/snapback]

Except that Mort didn't say that Bills were ready to go with Losman. Your ommission of the words COULD and MAY changes the subject a tad, no?

This is GREAT news, but, does TD have any leverage?  Cutting Drew would be disasterous to our cap situation, no?

207155[/snapback]

I think he trades him!!!!! Wont get much but maybe the Cards run a package deal and we land a 2nd rounder and say a 4th.

The beauty of a trade with Drew is that we move ALL of his contract and take no real cap hit!

This is GREAT news, but, does TD have any leverage?  Cutting Drew would be disasterous to our cap situation, no?

207155[/snapback]

Not disastrous, no. We would lose a couple million on the bonus, and gain it back by not having to pay Drew 5 mil or so, and then have to pay a back-up to Losman a few million unless we got some steal.

Not disastrous, no. We would lose a couple million on the bonus, and gain it back by not having to pay Drew 5 mil or so, and then have to pay a back-up to Losman a few million unless we got some steal.

207167[/snapback]

Hmm - I thought I had read somewhere that it was a $6 - $8 million hit, but I could be totally wrong.

Except that Mort didn't say that Bills were ready to go with Losman.  Your ommission of the words COULD and MAY changes the subject a tad, no?

207165[/snapback]

I didnt record it. Maybe I heard it wrong, but I thought he said that the Bills were ready to go with him. He could have very well used could or may, Maybe I didnt hear it right.

Doesnt matter much to me. The news about the ultimatum to Drew tells the story that they must feel pretty confident in JP at this point. I dont see that anyone could argue with that.

It shouldn't be a shocker. Bledsoe stunk up the joint in the biggest game of his Bills career against a bunch of Steeler backups. Just given that fact alone, his job would be on thin ice. But, contrary to the opinions of a few fans, the Bills did not draft JP Losman to hold a clipboard. If the Bills do cut Bledsoe, they will bring in a veteran Qb and there probably will be a 'competition' for that starting spot, but unless he's absolutely awful, expect Losman to be the starting QB this upcoming season if Bledsoe is released.

Let's not put words in people's mouths.  Mort said that the hardline stance to be taken on Bledsoe COULD be a sign that the Bills MAY be ready to go with Losman. 

There is still a strong possibility of another vet joining the team in the spring and there being a three way battle in camp to start.

207151[/snapback]

Yes - believe what you want but you typically don't draft a 1st rd. QB to have them ride the pine for a few years. Unless JP makes an absolute embarassment of himself in camps, he will be starting.

I will give you this though, whether it be Drew or some other vet backup, yuo will hear all the talk about "open competition" which will be, well.....talk.

It's much like the week prior to our last game with all the "talk" about playing starters in a meaningless game. You heard all the talk about it, but did it happen - no. Why not....because it just did not make any sense. Same goes with keeping JP on the pine....ain't gonna happen.

ESPN reports that Bills will look for Drew to take a substantial pay cut by March 1, or risk being released. 

Also, Cards may be interested in Henry, current asking price 2nd Rd.

207140[/snapback]

His starting QB days in Buffalo seem to be officially over. Thank GOD.

Could it be Kurt Warner? He isnt like Drew who labeled the team HIS team. He simply said that he is a starter when Eli started. NOT THE SAME!

207163[/snapback]

Warner? God, I hope not.

Garcia? Hmmmmm...I'd consider it.

Kitna? I'd love to have him in a Bills uni, but he's under contract...but you never know.

PTR

Besides, look for Drew to take a million or two pay cut and remain with the Bills. He is not going to get 5 million from another team with a brand new deal. TD is just playing smart and Drew will look at the big picture. No one, including you, and Drew, and TD, knew for sure how Drew was going to play this year in the new offense. He ended up being a tease, as usual, and there is no definitive answer as to whether the Bills are better with him or without him. This demand of a paycut is just good football smarts by TD. As a GM you always need to put a price tag on what you think each player is worth to your team. He now knows what he may have in Losman, and he knows that Drew did pretty good in MM's offense but not great. He now thinks with those two peices of knowledge that Bledsoe's worth is different than last year. DB would be worth more if he played better or Losman looked worse.

Warner?  God, I hope not.

Garcia?  Hmmmmm...I'd consider it.

Kitna?  I'd love to have him in a Bills uni, but he's under contract...but you never know.

PTR

207182[/snapback]

Garcia? maybe even Kitna? Agreed MUCH better than adding another STATUE!

I didnt record it. Maybe I heard it wrong, but I thought he said that the Bills were ready to go with him. He could have very well used could or may, Maybe I didnt hear it right.

Doesnt matter much to me. The news about the ultimatum to Drew tells the story that they must feel pretty confident in JP at this point. I dont see that anyone could argue with that.

No, it just means that Losman might be just as good as a bad Bledsoe and that the money saved might be better spent elsewhere.

Hmm - I thought I had read somewhere that it was a $6 - $8 million hit, but I could be totally wrong.

207170[/snapback]

They gave him a ridiculous $6.5MM signing bonus last year. He's due $1.5MM in roster bonus in March, I think that's the one they want to avoid. He'll cost $4.3 against the dead cap if cut in March.