2nd Round lucky?

cage

Since the NFL split their draft across 3 days two years ago, its seems the 2nd round has been a lucky one for us. In both years we saw the player we wanted and needed still on the board with Cordy Glenn and Robert Woods. In both years I was screaming (to myself) that we had to make a move to go up and get them. In both cases we stayed put and they fell to us! I'm still amazed that after having overnight to assess the remaining players that nobody grabbed them or jumped in front of us as I think our intended pick was easy to figure out.... Are we lucky??

Relax Junior,... just a topic of discussion while waiting for Sunday. Its not like this was initiated in the middle of game

Right. But who cares? Luck? Skill? Planning? Intel? Misdirections? Smoke screens? It could be a million different things that have been hashed out a million different ways in a million different threads from January through August.

It's football time, baby. The guys are on our roster. Live with it. Embrace it.

GO BILLS!

Since the NFL split their draft across 3 days two years ago, its seems the 2nd round has been a lucky one for us. In both years we saw the player we wanted and needed still on the board with Cordy Glenn and Robert Woods. In both years I was screaming (to myself) that we had to make a move to go up and get them. In both cases we stayed put and they fell to us! I'm still amazed that after having overnight to assess the remaining players that nobody grabbed them or jumped in front of us as I think our intended pick was easy to figure out.... Are we lucky??

You can add Kiko Alonso to that as well.

You can add Kiko Alonso to that as well.

I don't know if any Bills fans were clamoring for Alonso pre-draft. To the OP's point, there were definitely a ton of Bills fans on the Glenn bandwagon (including me), and a significant number wanted Woods in the 2nd round.

Right. But who cares? Luck? Skill? Planning? Intel? Misdirections? Smoke screens? It could be a million different things that have been hashed out a million different ways in a million different threads from January through August.

It's football time, baby. The guys are on our roster. Live with it. Embrace it.

GO BILLS!

Who's a grumpy kitty today? :nana:

Who's a grumpy kitty today? :nana:

Please. There is a definitive time-period for all things draft speculation, and it !@#$ing ends the moment the ball is kicked off week one.

During the off season I don't stick my nose into all the threads that make me want to put my foot through a wall because that's what the off season round here is for. I just ignore them.

We're two days out from our first road game of the season against a division rival. There are plenty of things to talk about that don't involve waxing nostalgic on a draft that happened four and a half months ago.

Please. There is a definitive time-period for all things draft speculation, and it !@#$ing ends the moment the ball is kicked off week one.

During the off season I don't stick my nose into all the threads that make me want to put my foot through a wall because that's what the off season round here is for. I just ignore them.

We're two days out from our first road game of the season against a division rival. There are plenty of things to talk about that don't involve waxing nostalgic on a draft that happened four and a half months ago.

Let me guess - only child?

Actually, this is as good a time to talk about it as any, because you finally have a live environment to see if the team had a good draft. This is not a woulda coulda thread. This is, hey, the draft has worked in our favor because we see tangible results.

Let me guess - only child?

:blush: May be

Actually, this is as good a time to talk about it as any, because you finally have a live environment to see if the team had a good draft. This is not a woulda coulda thread. This is, hey, the draft has worked in our favor because we see tangible results.

So are we talking about whether the draft was successful? Or did the OP want to know whether or not we "got lucky?"

So are we talking about whether the draft was successful? Or did the OP want to know whether or not we "got lucky?"

Sometimes luck has something to do with it, like Mingo still being on the board for the Browns and them not doing the trade with the Rams.

the Bills have done well in the second round in recent years Byrd, Levitre, Glenn, Woods and Alonso. That is a nice line up of talent right there. Depending on how the rest of the year goes Williams who was a fail at CB may make this list as a safety.

Good call, was awful as a CB but outside of that AWFUL penalty we took at crucial moment of game on a 3rd and long and ball was thrown so far out of bounds and CLEARLY incomplete, he nails WR for no reason.. Second i saw that, it felt like slow motion watching ref pull out the flag cuz it was so damn obvious and a bonehead play that kept a 4th quarter drive going instead of getting them to punt.

Outside of that play (and they pulled him to the sideline and subbed him out for a play for a probably tongue lashing, it was only play he wasnt on field all day and has been very solid in coverage and has been great in making the tackles he needs to make.

:blush: May be

Dude, I suggest drinking tonight ,or maybe you already started. We can drop this one and just back to b#$chin about whether Byrd's faking it or not!??!

I have to agree with the guy you called you grumpy...if you can ignore these threads in the off season i'd suggest for your own health you do the same during the season. Or change your tampon every once in awhile.

Go Bills