(OT) I got my Buffett tix!!

bills_fan

Buffett on the beach!!  Thats going to be a fantastic show.  I haven't seen him in years.  Little tailgate beforehand with the Parrotheads, I can't friggin wait!!

15703[/snapback]

Where are you from? We are in Wantagh....

Buffett on the beach!!  Thats going to be a fantastic show.  I haven't seen him in years.  Little tailgate beforehand with the Parrotheads, I can't friggin wait!!

15703[/snapback]

How awesome. I went to my first Buffett concert about five months ago and it was freakin' awesome. Bring your beads!!!

I live in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. I just bought the tix from a broker I found on craigslist. Prices dropped to where I paid 10 bucks over face and the guy is delivering them to my office this afternoon.

So Saturday will be hanging out on the beach all day, drinking some cold brewskis and seeing Buffett in the evening. What a day!!

Am I the only one who doesn't really like Jimmy Buffet's music? I have tried and listened to a lot of his stuff... just don't get it... been to a live show once...fair

Anyway, I'm happy you're happy... have a good time!

15743[/snapback]

You need to be stung by what he sings about. You need to spend a week sitting on the beach, doing nothing but drinking, snorkling, eating, relaxing, dancing, tanning, listening to the ocean, watching chicks in bikinis, drinking cold maggies with a Cuervo chaser...maybe visit the Caribbean or the like.

I've been to Webster, dude. Buffet ain't singing about Webster. :devil:

You need to be stung by what he sings about. You need to spend a week sitting on the beach, doing nothing but drinking, snorkling, eating, relaxing, dancing, tanning, listening to the ocean, watching chicks in bikinis, drinking cold maggies with a Cuervo chaser...maybe visit the Caribbean or the like.

Exactly, you just have to feel the vibe in his music. It just makes you want to chill, relax and do nothing for the day, cept drink and look at chicks in bikinis.

I've been to Webster, dude. Buffet ain't singing about Webster.

That was funny!! :devil::)

I live in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.  I just bought the tix from a broker I found on craigslist.  Prices dropped to where I paid 10 bucks over face and the guy is delivering them to my office this afternoon.

So Saturday will be hanging out on the beach all day, drinking some cold brewskis and seeing Buffett in the evening.  What a day!!

15745[/snapback]

We will be at the beach, actually the backside of the amphitheater, in Zachs bay, we should get there by mid day, and then may stay on the boat for the show, Its not as good as being inside, but we have beer and a abrbeque on board.

Didn't you leave something out LA?? :devil:

You need to spend a week sitting on the beach, doing nothing but drinking, snorkling, eating, relaxing, dancing, tanning, listening to the ocean, watching chicks in bikinis, drinking cold maggies with a Cuervo chaser...maybe visit the Caribbean or the like.

Ive done this several times. I STILL dont get Jimmy B. :devil: But that's me.

Guff...give us a ring.

We will be at the beach, actually the backside of the amphitheater, in Zachs bay, we should get there by mid day, and then may stay on the boat for the show, Its not as good as being inside, but we have beer and a abrbeque on board.

I've actually never seen a show at the Jones beach amphitheatre. I hear its great tho. We'll be at the beach & tailgating in the lot all day. We have pretty good seats so, I can't complain.

The boat sounds great tho. Thats a nice way to see it if you can hear the music.

I've seen him 6 times. The best was when I went with a group of about 80 people to the Merriweather post Pavilion outside Baltimore. These guys were professional partiers. The whole tailgate was catered and they built a bar with a 6 foot block of ice. When we got there, they got to work building this thing and then a guy hooked up a generator and used a routed to make a canal in the ice. We did shots on this "flume" the whole day.

A few years later I was going to another show and I told this story to a friend. He was like, "Oh we've got to do something like that." I said, "Dude, these guys are pros, we'll just do our own thing and have a good time." But he's the type of guy that once he gets an idea in his head, there's no stopping him. So he shows up to the tail gate with all kinds of material in his car... looked like he raided a Home Depot. He goes to work and within 20 minutes he had a tent with a mini bar , complete with a generator and a blender for margaritas. The kicker was the palm fronds he stapled to the front of the bar.

Good times.

Too bad he doesn't play outside in FL anymore. Heck, I'd go party in the hurricane for just one more time like that.

Too bad he doesn't play outside in FL anymore. Heck, I'd go party in the hurricane for just one more time like that.

Thats the only time I ever saw him. About 12 years ago he played a show on Ft. Myers beach. I was down there with my family, and a few friends of mine, with their older siblings, and I went to the show, as a last minute thing. It was incredible.

Why doesn't he play outdoors in Florida anymore?

I've actually never seen a show at the Jones beach amphitheatre.  I hear its great tho.  We'll be at the beach & tailgating in the lot all day.  We have pretty good seats so, I can't complain.

The boat sounds great tho.  Thats a nice way to see it if you can hear the music.

15798[/snapback]

You will love the JB theatre, great spot, seats can be good, great or abysmal depending on where you are.