!@#$ing Hollywood Activists

blzrul

link

Oh that's right, when their cause is one that wingnuts agree with, they're A-OK.  Like when they all sang that sappy "God Bless the USA" thing during Bush I.

207040[/snapback]

So you're criticizing conservatives for not criticizing a celebrity charity fundraiser, because they criticize celebrities when they campaign for political opponents of conservatives, and not when they sing "God Bless the USA" which you criticize.

Got it. Thanks for the useful information.

So you're criticizing conservatives for not criticizing a celebrity charity fundraiser, because they criticize celebrities when they campaign for political opponents of conservatives, and not when they sing "God Bless the USA" which you criticize.

207212[/snapback]

Couldn't say it better myself.

207212[/snapback]

Well...she's a Democrat. The line between charity and government is kind of amorphous for her... :rolleyes:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Well...she's a Democrat.  The line between charity and government is kind of amorphous for her...  <_<

207324[/snapback]

HEY! I'm a Democrat, and I disagree with her post this time... :)

BTW, O'Reilly can't say JACK if he doesn't commit any money to help. He should just keep his big trap shut, and let people do their part... He's just trying to get publicity. Go figure.

207212[/snapback]

dude you just made way to much sense. She is going to have to go and see her therapist now. This definately will put her into a downward cycle. I am not sure if enough meds can be perscribed to cure her wacky illness.

207212[/snapback]

Priceless.

What kind of a life do you have and what kind of mental state must you be in to read the wrap up from a charity fundraiser for victims of a natural disaster and then say to yourself "This is a perfect topic for a political shot at the opposing party"?

BTW, O'Reilly can't say JACK if he doesn't commit any money to help. He should just keep his big trap shut, and let people do their part... He's just trying to get publicity. Go figure.

207455[/snapback]

I guess you don't remember the 9-11 Funds scandal with Red Cross? When a good chunk of the money donated was NOT going to 9-11 victims? Especially when the stars raised the $130 Million from the last telathon and once they got off the stage, gave no care to how the money was handled/distibuted.

THAT is why O'Reilly has come out and said that the money better go where it was intended to go, because "he will be watching" when the stars return to their mansions and LA parties and have completely forgotten about the Tsunami.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I guess you don't remember the 9-11 Funds scandal with Red Cross? When a good chunk of the money donated was NOT going to 9-11 victims? Especially when the stars raised the $130 Million from the last telathon and once they got off the stage, gave no care to how the money was handled/distibuted.

THAT is why O'Reilly has come out and said that the money better go where it was intended to go, because "he will be watching" when the stars return to their mansions and LA parties and have completely forgotten about the Tsunami.

208592[/snapback]

If someone gives money to an organization, it is THAT ORGANIZATION'S RESPONSIBILITY to handle the money, so they are at fault, NOT the fundraisers!!

The Red Cross is an organization I don't give to... they charged my grandfather for donated supplies during WWII, so our family is anti-Red Cross. There are plenty other organizations who are a heck of a lot more responsible.

O'Reilly does it for the PUBLICITY in pointing out the 'Hollywood crowd', that's all... the blame rests SQUARELY on the Red Cross.

If someone gives money to an organization, it is THAT ORGANIZATION'S RESPONSIBILITY to handle the money, so they are at fault, NOT the fundraisers!!

O'Reilly does it for the PUBLICITY in pointing out the 'Hollywood crowd', that's all... the blame rests SQUARELY on the Red Cross.

208816[/snapback]

Ugh...put your hatred of Bill O'Reilly on the side for a second. Yes...the organization is at fault, but if a bunch of movie stars and singers are going to get together and publicly ask people to give money to an organization...they should oversee that the organization is doing what's asked of it because the stars are the ones actually asking for the money.

Bill O'Reilly has publicly said this not to make himself look good, but to bring publicity to the event/organization so it's clear what is expected of them, which did NOT happen after 9-11.

If you think Bill O'Reilly is doing this for attention, then fine. But please tell me what's wrong with it? What is wrong with saying "if movie stars are going to ask for millions of dollars, they should make sure that the money they are asking people to give goes to the right place", because for 9-11, the Red Cross didn't ask for the money on tv, the movie stars did, and that money didn't make it to 9-11 victims. What would be wrong is to let that happen again, which Bill O'Reilly is fighting to prevent.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Ugh...put your hatred of Bill O'Reilly on the side for a second. Yes...the organization is at fault, but if a bunch of movie stars and singers are going to get together and publicly ask people to give money to an organization...they should oversee that the organization is doing what's asked of it because the stars are the ones actually asking for the money.

Bill O'Reilly has publicly said this not to make himself look good, but to bring publicity to the event/organization so it's clear what is expected of them, which did NOT happen after 9-11.

If you think Bill O'Reilly is doing this for attention, then fine. But please tell me what's wrong with it? What is wrong with saying "if movie stars are going to ask for millions of dollars, they should make sure that the money they are asking people to give goes to the right place", because for 9-11, the Red Cross didn't ask for the money on tv, the movie stars did, and that money didn't make it to 9-11 victims. What would be wrong is to let that happen again, which Bill O'Reilly is fighting to prevent.

208991[/snapback]

I don't believe what he says anyways! Call for an investigation if it is necessary, but this Fox News all out war on Hollywood is comical.

The Red Cross is the problem here... When I give money to an organization, I don't intensely study their books and make sure where me money goes.. I TRUST them to do the right thing, and go from there. I sincerely doubt that anyone else does either... so why should the actors and actresses be held to a different standard?

I don't believe what he says anyways! Call for an investigation if it is necessary, but this Fox News all out war on Hollywood is comical.

The Red Cross is the problem here... When I give money to an organization, I don't intensely study their books and make sure where me money goes.. I TRUST them to do the right thing, and go from there. I sincerely doubt that anyone else does either... so why should the actors and actresses be held to a different standard?

209033[/snapback]

Fox's "war" on Hollywood is "comical" but the ACLU's crusade to sue any municipality or school who dares do as much as run a string of Christmas lights across a hallway has merit.

WHATEVER................................

209033[/snapback]

The Hollwood crowd asked Bill O'Reilly to participate in the fundraiser. He said he would only do so if the funds went where they were intended, with the movie stars and him included making sure this happened. Hmm...making sure that donated money gets to the right charity, when it hasn't before....yup..that sounds like an "all out war" to me.

I work in a fundraising department of a major NYC hospital. When somebody donates money through a board member upon his/her request, the board member always checks to make sure the money went where it was supposed to and is being used correctly. Same thing with movie stars, they ask people to donate through them, they better be able to guarantee that the money is going where THEY, not the Red Cross, say its going. Otherwise...don't ask me for money, let the organization do that.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
The Hollwood crowd asked Bill O'Reilly to participate in the fundraiser. He said he would only do so if the funds went where they were intended, with the movie stars and him included making sure this happened. Hmm...making sure that donated money gets to the right charity, when it hasn't before....yup..that sounds like an "all out war" to me.

I work in a fundraising department of a major NYC hospital. When somebody donates money through a board member upon his/her request, the board member always checks to make sure the money went where it was supposed to and is being used correctly. Same thing with movie stars, they ask people to donate through them, they better be able to guarantee that the money is going where THEY, not the Red Cross, say its going. Otherwise...don't ask me for money, let the organization do that.

209050[/snapback]

I have seen it many times before... their war is real :)

It makes no sense to me for someone to have to double check where it is going if they are a fundraiser. You HAVE to wonder what the people get paid for at the Red Cross if they don't do their job! I just don't understand why the pressure doesn't shift to THEM if they are constantly guilty of malfeasance!

Ohh well.. :w00t:

HEY! I'm a Democrat, and I disagree with her post this time... :(

207455[/snapback]

I can't believe that O'Reilly has the stones to talk crap about anyone nowadays. Everytime I see him now I think about that scene from the Sopranos with Ralphy & Janice. Talk about a guy living in a glass house.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I can't believe that O'Reilly has the stones to talk crap about anyone nowadays. Everytime I see him now I think about that scene from the Sopranos with Ralphy & Janice. Talk about a guy living in a glass house.

210048[/snapback]

Well, that's my problem with people like him... they shout from the rooftops to get attention, make themselves out to be THE VOICE to America, and when you get right down to it, they are no better than the people they rail against.

I really like it when serious people with good intentions do investigative stories and expose true problems in society... however, people such as Moore, O'Reilly, etc do it for all the wrong reasons. It is sad and pathetic, really...

O'Reilly loves attention, no doubt about it.

Everytime I see him now I think about that scene from the Sopranos with Ralphy & Janice. Talk about a guy living in a glass house.

the best part is that he at one point called the "loofa" a "falafel".

HEY! I'm a Democrat, and I disagree with her post this time... :D

207455[/snapback]

You of all people should recognize sarcasm when you see it.

It's just typical that when Hollywood supports causes that neocons do not, they're "liberal elitist butting in". But when they use their talent and celebrity to support a cause they neocons deem worthy, you don't hear a peep.

Note I'm not saying that the cause isn't worthy, because it is. Just pointing our more rightwing hypocrisy is all.