Mike Pettine Appreciation Thread

He's done a nice job so far. I want to see him really earn that paycheck next week, though.

It won't be easy. The Jets aren't as bad as everybody makes them out to be. A strong defensive showing next week can help us get to 2-1, which would be awesome.

I'm hoping he is intensely motivated to show his old coach a thing or two.

Right on point, Rubes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some really good things from our D today. After the we stopped them and then Williams made his dumb penalty, we stopped them again. And after each of the 2 EJ TOs in our own territory our D was able to hold them to FGs and keep us in the game. Last year D would have rolled over and given up a TD each time. Impressive win. I liked on the last play that Cam didn't even get his Hail Mary off because we blitzed. This D is fun to watch and has been effective so far with the exception of the TD drive to win game 1.

But, as I recall last year this time we were 1-1 and the year before that 2-0. There's a long ways to go. I hope our D continues playing well. I look forward to getting Byrd back in there.

Our O seriously needs to pick up it's game though.

If Marrone had the ability to get a guy like Pettine as a first time NFL HC, don't you think he could find an equally talented replacement?

Do some of you guys just live in a constant state of depression?

Considering our DCs the last 13 years, no. I don't. They don't grow on trees. I know we'd never replace Marrone with Pettine....that doesn't mean it might not be a bad idea. I'm just so excited about our D, especially considering we don't have Gilmore, Byrd or Brooks. As a Bills fan, I can't help but think this is too good to be true.....and might only last 1 or 2 years. That is all