Panthers fan analysis here

Happy Panther

Panthers fan here. PSL owner goes to every game.

I will NEVER understand why anyone would agree to a PSL

You are asked to pay for the rights to pay for season tickets every year.. When did that ever make sense to anyone...

I just cannot understand how anyone justifies PSL's

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will NEVER understand why anyone would agree to a PSL

You are asked to pay for the rights to pay for season tickets every year.. When did that ever make sense to anyone...

I just cannot understand how anyone justifies PSL's

That is what happens with expansion teams though... here in Cbus, we have the Blue Jackets. We were so excited to get a professional sports team in 2000. Everyone wanted a PSL because it was a social event to go to the games. 13 years later, the team has gone to the playoffs once, this isn't ever, isn't now, and never will be, a hockey town. It is an Ohio State town and everyone's time and money goes to that. The CBJ get big crowds now only when they are on a win streak and even then it is a stretch despite the arena being in a very fun area of downtown and the arena itself being unbelievable. People renew their PSLs becasue they feel like they need to in order to keep the team here and potentially attract other pro teams down the line. My brother used to live in Charlotte when the team first got there and he said it was a "wine and cheese crowd" and they only went to the games when they were good, otherwise they found other things to do, When they were there, they were there to be seen and not really all that into the game. Not sure if that has changed, but clearly night and day between old-school football cities like Buffalo. But expansion cities rely on PSLs and the teams guilt the fans into buying one or they might have to leave. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I'm in the Raleigh area...not many passionate Panthers fans to talk smack with...the local sports station talks a little about the team but it seems like they do it because they have to...everything is college B-ball, college football and NASCAR...hockey season is painful here....

Edited by MOFO

Welcome to the board and thanks for the insight. Both are young teams. I can see the score being 7-6 at half and then each time finds a groove in the second. Our cookie cutter defense should allow Cam to run wild if he chooses, or pass the ball, or jumping jacks...we can't get to him regardless.

Wish you the best of luck on Sunday and thanks for the pic. Those girls are fantastic sir

Go Bills!

How is the defense cookie cutter?

Wasn't Dorsey one of those guys coming out that had everything except the physical tools to get it done?

Yeah I think he was pretty cerebral but he had a real rag arm.

As for Carolina, their front 7 is very good and credit for that probably goes equally between their D-line and their excellent linebackers. Of course Rivera's a good D coach.

Although Captain Munnerlyn is a personal favorite of mine (gotta love anyone named Captain), if he and Josh Thomas are your starting CBs, that's less than ideal. It'll be interesting to see if the Bills can exploit Carolina's less-than-stellar secondary.

On the other side, it was kind of bizarre how former Panther GM Marty Hurney drafted Cam but never gave him any new, shiny receiving weapons. Then to add to the bizarreness, after Gettleman was hired the team invested one measly 6th rounder on an offensive skill position player.

This has become a pretty difficult environment for Cam Newton to find success in: another new system, a bad O-line and virtually no game-changing weapons.

The Bills D held Tom Brady to a low passer rating and the Patriots to less than 5 yards per offensive play. While Cam presents a very different set of problems I expect the Bills to stymie Carolina's attack and win the game.