Bills to keep just 2 QB's- Lewis to PS

RCOHEN13

Well, the best attribute a receiver can have is the ability to catch a football...

Yes, but none of these other guys have stone hands and have more talent. Also, if u watched final pre season game, they were discussing how the guy played ZERO ST all camp and pre season. We saw trying to make team as strictly a WR when Hogan and Easley both have value on ST. And for a practice squad guy, i'd much rather a guy with more upside like Streeter who is huge as well as quick

Yes, but none of these other guys have stone hands and have more talent. Also, if u watched final pre season game, they were discussing how the guy played ZERO ST all camp and pre season. We saw trying to make team as strictly a WR when Hogan and Easley both have value on ST. And for a practice squad guy, i'd much rather a guy with more upside like Streeter who is huge as well as quick

Well, he might suck for all I know. B-) Still, some people (not necessarily you) tend to get all juiced up about various measurements at the combine or whatever and don't focus on the real question: "Can this guy do the job?" James Hardy is a good :sick: example of that.

Well, he might suck for all I know. B-) Still, some people (not necessarily you) tend to get all juiced up about various measurements at the combine or whatever and don't focus on the real question: "Can this guy do the job?" James Hardy is a good :sick: example of that.

I wasnt getting all excited about Streeter, i started thread and someone brought him up. Main reason for thread is just the QB's. Even if we sign a vet, all signs point to EJ starting opener. No way if he's hurt does he dress to be the #2. If he is still hurt, he's hurt and not dressing at all and no way do we have a FA come in and be back-up. This is not pre-season.

Woods is the guy to be juiced about. Goodwin will have a big play here and there but wont be much and i've seen a ton of his games at Texas, his hands are not very good come game day. Every telecast they talked about him being Olympian and has world class speed but they never really hit him deep and almost all his catches were WR screens of which he didnt do much with.

Would not be surprised if Woods has better yr than Stevie and Stevie is a buddy of mine!

So what happens when Manuel struggles during the season? We bring in Tuel? I don't understand going with 2 rookies at QB.

When Manuel struggles during the season (which he will), you keep playing him and let him work through it.

Even if we had a savvy vet, I wouldn't put him in just because Manuel hits a slump - barring injury or complete and sustained collapse over multiple games where it is clear Manuel is losing it mentally, of course. But I don't expect that to happen.

If the kid is your starter, play him. Ride the ups and downs. And evaluate his and the team's progress at the end of the year.

When Manuel struggles during the season (which he will), you keep playing him and let him work through it.

Even if we had a savvy vet, I wouldn't put him in just because Manuel hits a slump - barring injury or complete and sustained collapse over multiple games where it is clear Manuel is losing it mentally, of course. But I don't expect that to happen.

If the kid is your starter, play him. Ride the ups and downs. And evaluate his and the team's progress at the end of the year.

Good points but I expect long stretches where offense struggles. If he is ineffective for long periods he may need to sit. Not easy to play through as a rookie.

Agree 100%. We've invested in Manuel as our QB of the future, and I say let him sink or swim, throw him to the fire, see what the kid's made of, all those great cliches.

There's no doubt in my mind he's gonna have his games where he struggles. Let him work through them. I don't think many people on this board think we're going to have a 10, 11 or greater win season. I'm sure all of us hope we do, but I just don't think it's a huge possibility. So let him start from day one, and stick with him no matter what he does. I think to pull him when he gets in a slump would only make things worse. Even if he's ineffective for long periods, like you said, at the end of the season, go back and evaluate. I know it takes NFL players, most especially QBs, time to develop, but if he has a full year of play, I truly believe you'll know what you have with him moving forward....

So what happens when Manuel struggles during the season? We bring in Tuel? I don't understand going with 2 rookies at QB.

Go review last year's Redskins tape and get back to us.

There are no available veteran QBs with enough talent to prefer over Manuel or Tuel.

Edited by BobChalmers

Go review last year's Redskins tape and get back to us.

There are no available veteran QBs with enough talent to prefer over Manuel or Tuel.

Right. So many are comparing Manuel to RGIII. Plus the talent level is pretty much equal on both teams. Expecting Manuel to lead us to playoffs this year?

I don't think if Manuel struggles they are going to bring in Tuel. I think they let him work through it. That being said I am confused. Why would you not bring in a guy like Carr? Wouldn't his experience and I mean all of it help Manuel?

I don't think if Manuel struggles they are going to bring in Tuel. I think they let him work through it. That being said I am confused. Why would you not bring in a guy like Carr? Wouldn't his experience and I mean all of it help Manuel?

Only as part of coaching staff.

I don't like Carr and don't have answers just a few questions.