Who's the #2 cb now?

billsgpr88

How quickly does it take CB to get up to speed learning a new defense? Because my bet is that our # 2 is not on this team right now. Even when Gilmore gets back, it's not like McKelvin has been impressive. We need to go out and do what it takes to get the best CB available right now through trade or waivers / FA.

This team is a mess. We try to move corners to safety (A. Williams) and safeties to corners now??? (DWilliams)

Well, I guess they will learn a lot about the players they have left. Amazing how this team has such a thin roster and then gets a half dozen serious injuries at critical positions. Amazing.

Maybe Tebow can convert to CB as he's all world, whiz kid, nephew of Jesus (just kidding - don't want to offend anyone).

Seriously, this has been our deficiency for several years, and how we let guys go in the past like Clements, Winfield, Greer (he would have been cheap).

Gilmore was an excellent pick and will be a lock down corner at some point. We're strong at Safety if we workout the Byrd deal (which is definitely still possible if we are working on it now), and need basically two CB. If we could use 1st round next year, and pick up a serviceable CB (Maybe Rout) off waivers, we will be in a better situation. I'm just hopeful we can lock up Spiller soon this year before his number goes way up.

It's just too bad we couldn't have picked up a corner in free agency (a serviceable one for a decent value, not the Revis's of the world as we can't afford him and Super Mario). I actually feel we are not that far off if we had what I described above. Gilmore will be back I bet by week 5.