Season predictions

Usually after the 3rd preseason game, you can get a good gauge at a how a team will do in the regular season. While the Bills looked good in their first 2 preseason games, they looked terrible yesterday. Here's the regular season schedule and my predictions:

09/08 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS : Loss, We all hope EJ will be back, but we don't know that for sure. While the Pats are vulnerable without Hernandez, Gronkowski (injury) and without Welker, they still have one of the best QB's to ever play the game (even though it pains me to say that)

09/15 CAROLINA PANTHERS : Loss, game could go either way, but after seeing our run defense get shredded up yesterday (and by a 4th string QB) I'm leaning towards Carolina

09/22 @ New York Jets : Win, the Jets are worse off than the Bills

09/29 BALTIMORE RAVENS : Loss, even though the Ravens had a lot of turnover in the offseason, they're still a playoff team

10/03 @ Cleveland Browns : Win

10/13 CINCINNATI BENGALS : Loss

10/20 @ Miami Dolphins : Loss

10/27 @ New Orleans Saints : Loss

11/03 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS : Win (could go either way)

11/10 @ Pittsburgh Steelers : Loss

11/17 NEW YORK JETS : Win

12/01 ATLANTA FALCONS (TOR) : Loss

12/08 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers : Loss

12/15 @ Jacksonville Jaguars Win

12/22 MIAMI DOLPHINS : Win

12/29 @ New England Patriots : Loss

I've got 6-10 for the season, I hope I'm wrong and the Bills get to .500 or better, but after yesterday's performance, I'm not confident that they will.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Have you checked how a lot of those teams you have Buffalo losing to did in their third preseason game?

Yeah I saw how NE did and we know that's not what to expect from them in the regular season. The Bills on the other hand is a different story (see the past 13 years as example). If you don't agree with my prediction, then how do you think they will do this year?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Don't worry about the Bills season record regarding wins and losses.

There's way too my new coaches and players this year.

As long as they progress from the beginning of the season to the end of the season as well as developing a team identity people should be happy.

No one will know until the end of the season.

Next year Marrone and his staff as well as the players can be held accountable regarding their W/L record.

This board is so manic depressive.

A win doesn't mean they're going to the Superbowl and a loss doesn't mean they'll get Clowney. I think they are a bit too thin on the lines to do better than 8-8, but if EJ shows he's THEE guy this year, 2013 will be a success regardless of the Bills' record.

DId anyone else notice how little push either line got yesterday?

According to the Bills homer announcers yesterday, Marrone was curious to see how his team did against a physical team like the skins. Sadlly, he did.

Not the end of the world of course, but making the skins 3rd and 4th QB's look reasonable (I thought Pat White looked very good and Grossman looked bad) in the 3rd preseason game is not a good sign. Along with no answer to a running game was concerning as well. I was not, and am not, expecting much this season. Steady improvement throughout the season on both sides of the ball setting up for a strong 2014. I still think that is possible.

Edited by CodeMonkey

This board is so manic depressive.

A win doesn't mean they're going to the Superbowl and a loss doesn't mean they'll get Clowney. I think they are a bit too thin on the lines to do better than 8-8, but if EJ shows he's THEE guy this year, 2013 will be a success regardless of the Bills' record.

The O-line is going to miss Levitre this year. I can see the Bills having a very hard time rushing against teams that have good D-lines.

I know the Redskins had the #1 rushing offense last year, but our rush defense looked as bad as it did last year. I would of hated to seen how bad it would have been if RG3 was healthy and played a half,

there are so many variables for this that it is almost impossible to get any kind of accurate read on it. but i will try. ok, so you have new gm, new hc, and a completely new coaching staff working with a very young team made up of a lot of players new to the team, and new to the nfl as well.

and where these hopes are absolutely pinned right now, are to the rookie qb, the new leader and face of the franchise with the weight of the collective western new york world on his shoulders.

so what i am thinking is...

the new gm will do a great job of finding the perfect guys for this coaching staff to use, the coaches will be completely f'ing brilliant and make their counterparts look completely outdated. the new players are going to completely buy into everything th coaches say and will in turn all rally around the new franchise signal caller that takes the nfl by storm and shows his dominant physical tools, and a maturity and poise well beyond his years.

in the end, the bills will go a perfect 19-0 BABY!

and a new dynasty in sports will be born, right here, in buffalo ny.

I'll take a shot:

09/08 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS : Loss. I thought we were looking good but a few injuries makes this game that much harder. It could be close though.

09/15 CAROLINA PANTHERS : Win.

09/22 @ New York Jets : Win. Our third string QB might be better than their starter.

09/29 BALTIMORE RAVENS : Win. I know this is an upset but this looks like a trap game for the Ravens to me.

10/03 @ Cleveland Browns : Win

10/13 CINCINNATI BENGALS : Loss

10/20 @ Miami Dolphins : Win. I like us to sweep the Fins this year. I don't think they have come anywhere close to fixing their O-Line woes.

10/27 @ New Orleans Saints : Loss

11/03 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS : Win, but only because we're at home.

11/10 @ Pittsburgh Steelers : Loss

11/17 NEW YORK JETS : Win

12/01 ATLANTA FALCONS (TOR) : Loss...on the road. :censored:

12/08 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers : Win. EJ will have his feet under him by this week and easily outplay Freeman.

12/15 @ Jacksonville Jaguars Win

12/22 MIAMI DOLPHINS : Win

12/29 @ New England Patriots : Loss

So, I have 9-7 but probably no playoffs.

After the first 2 preseason games the Bills were not looking to go 14-2, and after the last preseason game they aren't looking to go 4-12, either. It's just the preseason. The injuries are the most serious effect of this game, and if we're lucky Gilmore will be fine by week one, and EJ will be ready to go. IF either of those two cannot play, THEN our chances are seriously hurt until they are back. That - our lack of depth at certain areas - is surely going to hurt us this year. However, I think our defense and offense will be above average (ranking above 16th in the league), and I see us getting between 8-9 wins, and potentially a wild-card, if all goes well. We have talent, and that 3rd preseason game will only go to strengthen areas that need addressing; it's a good thing it was a preseason game! Anyway, next year we will add another 3-5 starters, and should be looking to be a real player in the conference from now on, so no worries people - unless, of course, EJ doesn't come back or does, and tanks. I'm looking at it positively, though, until they prove me wrong.

Bad start, good mid-season, decent finish. I expect the team to have stretches of going 2-4, 3-2, and and 2-3 as the team starts to gel.

I mostly agree with this. I feel like we will have one of our typical 3-5 type of starts but finish out the year strong and end up around 8-8 with marked improvement from a lot of our younger players. I could see us hanging around the playoff discussion until late December. Just too many question marks at important positions for me to say we are a playoff team. The future finally looks bright though....

Usually after the 3rd preseason game, you can get a good gauge at a how a team will do in the regular season. While the Bills looked good in their first 2 preseason games, they looked terrible yesterday. Here's the regular season schedule and my predictions:

09/08 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS : Loss, We all hope EJ will be back, but we don't know that for sure. While the Pats are vulnerable without Hernandez, Gronkowski (injury) and without Welker, they still have one of the best QB's to ever play the game (even though it pains me to say that) if there is a merciful God WIN

09/15 CAROLINA PANTHERS : WIN

10/20 @ Miami Dolphins : WIN

I'll go 2 better 8-8 maybe 9-7

Usually after the 3rd preseason game, you can get a good gauge at a how a team will do in the regular seasonce, I'm not confident that they will.

This statement is just patently false. It's so easy to forget that those 90's Superbowl teams never won more than a single game in the preseason and looked like crap. Preseason games have about as much value of predicting what will happen during the season as it does the ESPN guys evaluating the success of a team's draft or predicting win totals for the season. It's a complete waste of time.

This statement is just patently false. It's so easy to forget that those 90's Superbowl teams never won more than a single game in the preseason and looked like crap. Preseason games have about as much value of predicting what will happen during the season as it does the ESPN guys evaluating the success of a team's draft or predicting win totals for the season. It's a complete waste of time.

Did the starters of the Bills Superbowl teams actually look like crap, or was it the backups? There's a big difference when the your starters look horrible (like the current Bills did on Saturday) vs your backups on a good team.