The offense seemed to come easy to EJ and Tuel

NYCBoozers

Younger QB's and a young progressive OC. The game plan seemed ultra smooth for EJ and Tuel. Maybe it's because Hackett just came out of the college ranks where things seem wide-open. I don't know, just my humble opinion. Kolb seemed uncomfortable in the same game plan.

Younger QB's and a young progressive OC. The game plan seemed ultra smooth for EJ and Tuel. Maybe it's because Hackett just came out of the college ranks where things seem wide-open. I don't know, just my humble opinion. Kolb seemed uncomfortable in the same game plan.

Kolb is coming back from a team that allowed him to get pounded on a regular basis until he broke. Having bodies flying around him has reputedly always made him nervous, now it's in his head.

He'll either get over it, or he won't.

So, we are ready to put a fork in Kolb because we just watched Fitzpatrick for 3 years? Trent before that for a few? Losman for a ffew and Bledsoe before that? That is it?

Tuel is, in all likely scenarios, our backup for years to come. EJ Manuel is a rookie who has not faced an NFL defense or season yet. Look how quickly Cam Newtons career took a nose dive in his second year. Look at RGIII right now. His stock was higher then ever last year and now we are hearing all of these reports about his attitude. Palmer was going to be the man in Oakland they all said. Stafford and Bradford were two of the best QB's in their class. Andrew Luck was highest ever rated QB on most scouts boards.

Our rookie is a rookie.

+1 and we should treat him like one, though EJ seems to mature far beyond his years that we often are not used to with rookies in the NFL.

I am getting sick of NFLN showing these commercials about Russel Wilson and RGIII.

You know the ones, "Who expected ____ to come in and light it up? Anyone who watched the preseason games, thats who."

It doesn't happen. It happened in 2013. I get that. But, rookies do not come in here and dominate in this league. We have a rookie getting ready to face 4 games against two of the best defensive coaches in the league - Rex Ryan and Bill Belicheck. We have a rookie who will face an unpredictable Miami team. We have the Ravens who historically do well defensively. The Panthers, our second game, we do not know what we have there. But, whoever starts for us has 4 games off the bat that are not going to be easy. We have the Browns and then the Bengals and that Bengals team has a hard hitting DL.

I do not want to be a Debbie Downer, but I see Russell Wilson coming back to earth this year and Seattle being one of the best teams in the NFC. San Francisco and St Louis. I also see Arizona ready to climb that ladder quick with no one looking. The NFCW...a powerhouse, yeah. That's a tangent though. RGIII coming back full this year - it is going to happen because it is RGIII... but I cannot imagine him doing as well.

I am getting sick of NFLN showing these commercials about Russel Wilson and RGIII.

You know the ones, "Who expected ____ to come in and light it up? Anyone who watched the preseason games, thats who."

It doesn't happen. It happened in 2013. I get that. But, rookies do not come in here and dominate in this league. We have a rookie getting ready to face 4 games against two of the best defensive coaches in the league - Rex Ryan and Bill Belicheck. We have a rookie who will face an unpredictable Miami team. We have the Ravens who historically do well defensively. The Panthers, our second game, we do not know what we have there. But, whoever starts for us has 4 games off the bat that are not going to be easy. We have the Browns and then the Bengals and that Bengals team has a hard hitting DL.

I do not want to be a Debbie Downer, but I see Russell Wilson coming back to earth this year and Seattle being one of the best teams in the NFC. San Francisco and St Louis. I also see Arizona ready to climb that ladder quick with no one looking. The NFCW...a powerhouse, yeah. That's a tangent though. RGIII coming back full this year - it is going to happen because it is RGIII... but I cannot imagine him doing as well.

It happened, and could continue to happen. Perhaps some college guys are better prepared for the pro game now?

I don't expect Manuel to "dominate in this league" (at least as arookie), but I think he has the potential to run the offense smoothly, and to improve as the season progresses. I think he can match Fitz's performance at least, and surpass Kolb, even at this time.

The don't have any better options...

I think Tuel should be in play to start depending on how the next 2 games go. I"m assuming he'll play the second half in the next game and 3 quarters the following week. If those games play out anywhere near how the Colts game did AND EJ is not ready to play in Week 1, then I think they have to give strong consideration to starting Tuel over Kolb.... just my thoughts.

Edited by cage