the QB competition is over - EJ is your winner

papazoid

Wrong like usual? You must be thinking of someone else. I am in no way a Tuel supporter. He could get cut for all I care.

EJ did very little against 1st stringers. His 80+ yard 2 minute drive in game 1 was against 3rd stringers.

I didn't know they played 3rd string in the 2nd quarter. at this rate there are 6 strings on the team. man what the hell is this. a guitar or a football team???

Very succinct description.

We finally moderately upgraded the QB position at long last with a guy in Ryan Fitzpatrick....who while critically flawed in terms of accuracy and range....was a very tough, durable, decisive and productive(see TD's).........and then they went out and acquired a guy with virtually everything you don't want in a QB.....shellshocked, injury prone, indecisive, unproductive, weak armed, undersized........just a ridiculous acquisition from the get-go.

I knew we would see more of the same crap from him once he took the field in Buffalo. What I didn't know is that he would also mill around between plays like he wasn't running an up-tempo, no-huddle offense. It was maddening to watch and I know people want to see EJ in the game but he was being lustily booed by Bills fans in part because they have seen this act from the likes of JP Losman and Trent Edwards and nobody wants to go back that level of ineptitude at QB. Indecisive management of the offense followed up by a fear of the pass rush causing missed opportunities. On the throw-away in the endzone on third down he had 2 receivers open on the other side of the field, but he had abandoned the pocket and moved to the right, essentially giving the defense only half the field to defend. And when he bailed from the pocket tonight he didn't have the wheels to take the yards in front of him. The guy is QB junk.

I think it was SJBF dogging me last week for wanting Kolb cut.......like it was a crazy idea.........seems like his Kolb support is waning.

Thank goodness for EJ. How they can pick a very promising young QB in EJ Manuel and at the same time acquire THE laughingstock QB of the NFL in Kevin Kolb is a mystery unless you buy the idea that Kolb was brought in as the tomato can QB for EJ to easily kick over.

And you didn't even address the interception. All you need to do is rewind the play. The ball was thrown at the defender. The db didn't see it so it doinked him on the helmet. But it was a horrible pass and the football gods didn't like it. Hence, the doink. Hence, the ball in the air. Hence, the interception. Hence, you lost the starting job as a qb Cornpatrick.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know they played 3rd string in the 2nd quarter. at this rate there are 6 strings on the team. man what the hell is this. a guitar or a football team???

I'm sorry you didn't know that. Multiple news outlets reported it. There are generally 80 players at an NFL training camp.

----------

INDIANAPOLIS -- .... He looked pedestrian early. But he was nervous in his NFL debut.

He looked sharp on his final drive. But he operated from behind his starting offensive line and faced the Indianapolis Colts' third-string defense.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/ej-manuel-1/

-----------

Manuel's highlight was a patient 95-yard drive, capped off with a 17-yard touchdown pass to Dorin Dickerson in the two-minute drill just before halftime. Manuel and fellow rookie Robert Woods showed a promising rapport on the drive, even if it came against the Colts' third-string defense.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000229042/article/eight-takeaways-from-buffalo-billsindianapolis-colts

Edited by microscopes

What do you mean regressed from his time in Arizona. He and Skelton were the laughing stocks of the nfl this time last year. So he had a few good games. Good for him. Look at Kolb/s numbers in Philly. They were very average. Very. Google them. Or nfl.com them. Just like he is now. Very average. So I hate him.

Kolb was like 4-1 last year for the Cards last year prior to his ribs getting separated from his sternum against the Bills. 4-1 is legit.

Can he recover from this? Not looking too good based on tonight..

The run game has been fantastic and will only allow him to further develop. I'm optimistic we can be a .500 club now.

Good point. Even when it hasn't been, it has been, if that makes sense. This staff seems highly committed to the run on any down/distance/deficit, regardless of success/lack thereof on the previous play. It's refreshing and it's the right thing to do given the Bills' strengths and the region they play in. Now, maybe some of this is playing possum like i alluded to in a different thread with the lack of deep balls but i like what i see with the willingness to run over and over. If it carries over to the reg season it's going to be a major boon long term.

I'm sorry you didn't know that. Multiple news outlets reported it. There are generally 80 players at an NFL training camp.

----------

INDIANAPOLIS -- .... He looked pedestrian early. But he was nervous in his NFL debut.

He looked sharp on his final drive. But he operated from behind his starting offensive line and faced the Indianapolis Colts' third-string defense.

http://blogs.buffalo...ge/ej-manuel-1/

Man I know that. U must not have a sense of humor. You should read my post again. I reference a damn guitar. A guitar. What does a forrest gump guitar have to do with football? My original point was that ej did good. Period. Lighten up dude.

Man I know that. U must not have a sense of humor. You should read my post again. I reference a damn guitar. A guitar. What does a forrest gump guitar have to do with football? My original point was that ej did good. Period. Lighten up dude.

Sounds more like you didn't know that, tried to call me out on it, and then got embarrassed when you realized you were wrong. We've all had those moments though, so it's ok.

My original point was that EJ has only looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers so far. Against the 1st stringers, he did nothing.

Kolb was like 4-1 last year for the Cards last year prior to his ribs getting separated from his sternum against the Bills. 4-1 is legit.

Can he recover from this? Not looking too good based on tonight..

He didn't even with the starting job last year. That's big for me. He was brought in to lead az back to the promise land. He cant even with the starting job???? Just like he's losing it again this year. You want to speak regression. He was never good to begin with. Like I said, google his philly numbers. Very average. But again, I'll give you his 4 decent wins last year. Now what? Even Trent Edwards. One of the worse qbs of all time went 5-0. Remember??? Kolb has to be ok. He's in the Nfl. He better be ok. He will never be good enough and that's why I hate him.

Sounds more like you didn't know that, tried to call me out on it, and then got embarrassed when you realized you were wrong. We've all had those moments though, so it's ok.

My original point was that EJ has only looked good against 2nd and 3rd stringers so far. Against the 1st stringers, he did nothing.

against the 1st stringers, he was playing his first game as a pro. When he started to get his feet under him and became more confident it just so happened to be against the 2nd and 3rd stringers. Just like tonight with his long drive for a TD, he looked really good. Doesn't matter if it was against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Don't forget he was playing with. 2nd and 3rd stringers. 2nd and 3rd string OL, WRs, and RBs. The fact that he was FLAWLESS says it all. 6 for 6 with a TD is nothing short of good. I don't care who your playing against. He's making the right decisions out there and playing it safe when the play isn't there.

He can't show what he's got against the 1s if he doesn't get a chance to. His first few drives can't be counted. Well see how he does this week against Wash.

Sure, don't get super excited, but you can't say that he doesn't look good. When he beats the Pats in week 1 you'll be jumping in the bandwagon. You'll be lucky if we let you on without a ticket.

Edited by mrags

You should see the grin on my face. You're actually making me smile. So I'm amusing myself going back and forth with you. When I'm wrong. I say I'm wrong. You take things too literal. Guess what, regardless or what your little article says, there were some 2nd strings still playing in the 2nd quarter. This is very normal. Guess what. Regardless of what your little article states, sometimes even 3rd stringers play in quarter 1 of preseason GAME 1. But anyway I don't care. Take the info or don't take it. True story: When I was 9 years old I found out what a fumble was. The ball fell out and the other guy picked it up and said it was a fumble. I was like, "What the F. You're lying. Play is dead. When the receiver doesn't catch a ball, it's incomplete. You cant just pick it up and call it a fumble" Long story short. I lost a bet. The other kid took me to his dad to prove that a fumble really existed. When the dad told me that fumbles existed, THAT WAS EMBARASSING.

against the 1st stringers, he was playing his first game as a pro. When he started to get his feet under him and became more confident it just so happened to be against the 2nd and 3rd stringers. Just like tonight with his long drive for a TD, he looked really good. Doesn't matter if it was against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Don't forget he was playing with. 2nd and 3rd stringers. 2nd and 3rd string OL, WRs, and RBs. The fact that he was FLAWLESS says it all. 6 for 6 with a TD is nothing short of good. I don't care who your playing against. He's making the right decisions out there and playing it safe when the play isn't there.

He can't show what he's got against the 1s if he doesn't get a chance to. His first few drives can't be counted. Well see how he does this week against Wash.

Sure, don't get super excited, but you can't say that he doesn't look good. When he beats the Pats in week 1 you'll be jumping in the bandwagon. You'll be lucky if we let you on without a ticket.

He does look good. Absolutely!

You should see the grin on my face. You're actually making me smile. So I'm amusing myself going back and forth with you. When I'm wrong. I say I'm wrong. You take things too literal. Guess what, regardless or what your little article says, there were some 2nd strings still playing in the 2nd quarter. This is very normal. Guess what. Regardless of what your little article states, sometimes even 3rd stringers play in quarter 1 of preseason GAME 1. But anyway I don't care. Take the info or don't take it. True story: When I was 9 years old I found out what a fumble was. The ball fell out and the other guy picked it up and said it was a fumble. I was like, "What the F. You're lying. Play is dead. When the receiver doesn't catch a ball, it's incomplete. You cant just pick it up and call it a fumble" Long story short. I lost a bet. The other kid took me to his dad to prove that a fumble really existed. When the dad told me that fumbles existed, THAT WAS EMBARASSING.

Ok :)

I think context is always good. He has looked good ... Against 2nd and 3rd stringers. I hope it translates to first stringers. That wood be great!

well, I'm guessing well be able to find out after the Washington game. So you have your chance.

HOW?! I'm gearing up for my call/complain/beg for a second year of sunday ticket for free.

There is a 20+ page thread on the subject already. I tell them times are tough and stuff like that. Get to the cancel department. Threaten to leave. You know. That kind of stuff. Just be confident. Like I said I will get it for free when I make the call, but I will not even call dt if kolb is named starter. Last year I didn't get it for free. I got it for 100 bucks. The guy that offered me the deal was real cool. We talked for like 30 minutes. I could have at the end said, "you know what on second thought even the 100 is too much" but I just let it go. I honestly don't remember the deal, but it was good for me. He most likely gave me like 20 bucks off for like 6 months and some premiums. I do recall something like that. I'm in sales. So I better be good at this kind of stuff. Lol. I actually manage some suckers. So they better be good at this kind of stuff. Lol.

I wont call you a fool. But I will say I told you so fool. Just kidding. You must be very young or just don't know as much football as the rest of us. Preseason game 3 is almost like the real thing. The back ups play very little. The back ups play the 4th quarter. It's the opposite of game 1 and 2. If Ej is named starter which I think he will, he will play into the 3r quarter. This is quite normal.

I'm not young (I'm probably older than you), and I know how game three in the preseason is played. And, of course, I expect EJ to get the start. But, if Tuel is actually being considered for #2 (which I doubt, btw), I'd like to see him do something against something other than 3rds.

But, I will admit that I don't know as much about football as many of the regular posters on here (but, more than some!). I read these forums almost daily. it's often educational, but I don't often post.

I'm not young (I'm probably older than you), and I know how game three in the preseason is played. And, of course, I expect EJ to get the start. But, if Tuel is actually being considered for #2 (which I doubt, btw), I'd like to see him do something against something other than 3rds.

But, I will admit that I don't know as much about football as many of the regular posters on here (but, more than some!). I read these forums almost daily. it's often educational, but I don't often post.

without knowing if your neighbor drives a BMW we can't take you for your word.

----------

http://blogs.buffalo...ge/ej-manuel-1/

-----------

Manuel's highlight was a patient 95-yard drive, capped off with a 17-yard touchdown pass to Dorin Dickerson in the two-minute drill just before halftime. Manuel and fellow rookie Robert Woods showed a promising rapport on the drive, even if it came against the Colts' third-string defense.

http://www.nfl.com/n...ianapolis-colts

My take is EJ is doing an excellent job so far in the offense the Bills coaches are having him run. The coaches are also doing an excellent job setting up a simplified offense for the rookie. The idea is to let him gain some confidence while he is learning how to run a pro offense and read defenses.

That 2 min drill at the end of the first half against the Colts was downright brilliantly run by EJ. I don't care if it was against the 3rd stringers as he showed he could run it to perfection. Lets not forget the Colts owner whining about how his team lost that game was classic.

Gotta hand it to Marrone and Hackett so far as they are guiding EJ the right way.

Your original quote said I want to see kolb/tuel get the majority of snaps. These were your words, not mine. When you wanna see bad qb KOLB and average rookie TUEL play the majority of snaps in preaseason game 3, I wondered if you knew about preseason 3 being the most important. That's all. By your own post if you expected Ej to start then you would have known that ej would play till almost the 4th quarter. I appreciate you honesty. Keep learning. Keep posting.