Skip Bayless on EJ's 2-minute drive

It was nice to see Manual make some nice reads and some nice throws and the 20 yard or so run he made, but lets be real here....He had some bad throws too, missed 2 easy throws that I remember, locked on to one receiver and didn't take his eyes off him, executed a simple game plan with simple throws for the most part....

He had 76% completion percentage and 5 incompletions, 2 of which were intentional throwaways. 2 of the bad passes took place in the first two drives, you know, his first drives on an NFL field. Nothing even close to intercepted. He did well.

Preseason game plans are always simple. When was the last time any Bills QB executed a game plan, simple or not?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He had 76% completion percentage and 5 incompletions, 2 of which were intentional throwaways. 2 of the bad passes took place in the first two drives, you know, his first drives on an NFL field. Nothing even close to intercepted. He did well.

Preseason game plans are always simple. When was the last time any Bills QB executed a game plan, simple or not?

To be fair, Edwards v Pittsburgh, Canada, Preseason '08, en route to the fast start that...well...we all know how that story ended.

The amazing thing here is that Tuel may emerge as real competition for EJ. EJ has the athleticism and tools (pun for fun) to do the job but Tuel is a very early pleasant surprise.

I am not trying to get ahead of myself as these guys have only had a fewweeksof practice and one meaningless preseason game but if a real QB competition develops between the two that would be fantastic.

Tuel can play no doubt. I like him alot actually but he seems indecicive in practice

You mean the Bills' front office?

I was bouncing off the walls when Wilson was still there and they took Graham.

Funny, if it's good the preseason game means everything. e.g. Goodwin

If it's not, then the games are meaningless.

Always a hoot.

I'll tell you what. While Russell Wilson is a bona fide up-and-coming star in this league, I'd rather have EJ and the extra 2nd we got this year (Alonzo).

I think EJ is an up-and-coming above-average qb, with insane weapons at his disposal.

But I'll say this: Even though in my Signature I wanted EJ at 8 (and I love that we got him), if he doesnt learn to go down the field, he might righteously lose his job to Tuel. Tuel ALWAYS looks down field first, then he will dump if he has to, and he wont be happy about it.

(case in point: There was a play in the middle of Q3 where the Bills were in opponent's territory, around the 35. Tuel rolls right in what appeared to be a designed roll. The TE rolled with him and was wide open in the flat, about 7 yards downfield, waving for the ball. But Tuel saw him and looked away to scan downfield some more. Finally, when nothing was open, Tuel came back to the TE with a dump off.

THAT is what a dump-off is for. I didnt see EJ ever preferring to go downfield. EJ was just excited to have somebody open).

We have DOWNFIELD weapons, and we'd better have a qb who uses them. Give a player a chance to make a play.

Edited by maddenboy

I'll tell you what. While Russell Wilson is a bona fide up-and-coming star in this league, I'd rather have EJ and the extra 2nd we got this year (Alonzo).

I think EJ is an up-and-coming above-average qb, with insane weapons at his disposal.

But I'll say this: Even though in my Signature I wanted EJ at 8 (and I love that we got him), if he doesnt learn to go down the field, he might righteously lose his job to Tuel. Tuel ALWAYS looks down field first, then he will dump if he has to, and he wont be happy about it.

(case in point: There was a play in the middle of Q3 where the Bills were in opponent's territory, around the 35. Tuel rolls right in what appeared to be a designed roll. The TE rolled with him and was wide open in the flat, about 7 yards downfield, waving for the ball. But Tuel saw him and looked away to scan downfield some more. Finally, when nothing was open, Tuel came back to the TE with a dump off.

THAT is what a dump-off is for. I didnt see EJ ever preferring to go downfield. EJ was just excited to have somebody open).

We have DOWNFIELD weapons, and we'd better have a qb who uses them. Give a player a chance to make a play.

Yeah, then he pulled the same move, but by the time he decided to dump it off, the TE was 8 inches from the sideline...