Special Teams Surprises

I was never a big fan of the Danny Crossman hiring, but after today I have to admit I was impressed. A couple ST points about today's game...

-Powell is going to be a great punter. When he hits it solid, he is a top notch guy.

-Hopkins leg is tremendous. I hate to say it, but he will beat out Lindell.

-Our coverage units surprised me. I loved seeing Blue jerseys swarm the ball. We seem more discipline as I noticed lanes maintained throughout each kick/punt

-Goodwin...Goodwin...Gone. Man, can he fly.

-That being said, got to give a s/o to Frank Summer and the KR crew for creating seams for him.

-I was surprised to see R Woods catching punts. With McLovin' out, I expected TJ Graham to be fielding punts. I wonder if the muffed fumble was nerves or what...

-ST is such an under rated phase of the game and can be a game changer. I'm glad our new management understands this and seems to be making it a priority.

-S/o to Chris White, with two ST tackles, who I never liked but felt he deserved this recognition.

-Lastly, Garrison Sanborn baby!!!! (I used to be a LS) gotta love seeing the guy make downfield tackles.

Hope to see the continued success. Go Bills.

I thought they looked strong too. Particularly liked the kickoff after Goodwin's TD return: the Colt KR wanted to answer Goodwin and returned a kick 6 or maybe 8 yards deep. He didn't make it to the 10 yard line. That was just great to see. Kick returns were well covered all day.

I am a bit concerned about Robert Woods being a Punt Returner, only because I think he will be a key member of the offense and I do not want to see him get injured on a punt.

Chris White looked good on ST's today and that will get him a roster spot.

I am a bit concerned about Robert Woods being a Punt Returner, only because I think he will be a key member of the offense and I do not want to see him get injured on a punt.

Hopefully Nickell Robey makes the team as a nickel back and primary punt returner. He looked good there today.

Chris White annihilated someone on kick coverage today… like he usually does.

He and Corey Mac were quite the pair of wedge busters the last two years.

I was thrown off by Woods too.

I thought they looked strong too. Particularly liked the kickoff after Goodwin's TD return: the Colt KR wanted to answer Goodwin and returned a kick 6 or maybe 8 yards deep. He didn't make it to the 10 yard line. That was just great to see. Kick returns were well covered all day.

second fastest 40 time at the combine (4.27sec) in the past 5 - 6 years (only Chris Johnson at 4.24 was better) . 4.27 is world class speed

-Hopkins leg is tremendous. I hate to say it, but he will beat out Lindell.

I don't hate to say it, I'll be disappointed if it doesn't happen. This is a young team trying to build and improve; which is when you should be turning over the kicking duties to a younger, stronger leg.

As for Goodwin....wow. I just hope he continues to bring it out of the EZ with that much speed after he takes his first few pops.