Is Buffalo not 'hip' or 'cool' enough for pro athletes

i know what you meant by the Hamptons. I've been there. I have family that has "weekend housing" there.

I read what you meant about Bergen. Looked up Teaneck and Found mostly 300k housing with houses that frankly you can get for 100k or even less in the western NY area within 30 minutes from downtown. Of course downtown Buffalo isn't NYC. I get that.

It is what it is. Now were arguing about the suburbs of these places when the original argument was about the city itself. Again, I don't think in 1 million years your making it into Manhattan from Jersey in less than 30 minutes unless your taking public transportation (bus, train). But hey, I enjoy my car and not having to pay $500/month extra for parking.

I get it man. Your cool. You live in the Tri-State area. Awesome. Glad you enjoy it.

Do people even lnow what skiing is in MD? I remember I visited a friend in Annapolis years ago during Xmas. It snowed about 1 inch of dusting and the whole town shut down for about 2 days.

When you're a big time exec in Maryland you can just buy a snow machine and create winter when you want. Then you hire assistants to push you around on skis when you go skiing. It's really the only way to ski when you're wealthy. I think it was on The Housewives of Just Outside DC in Maryland once

Edited by dubs

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you're a big time exec in Maryland you can just buy a snow machine and create winter when you want. Then you hire assistants to push you around on skis when you go skiing. It's really the only way to ski when you're wealthy. I think it was on The Housewives of Just Outside DC in Maryland once

lol. Forgot about that. Man, wish I had money.

Do people even lnow what skiing is in MD? I remember I visited a friend in Annapolis years ago during Xmas. It snowed about 1 inch of dusting and the whole town shut down for about 2 days.

For the ones that do know what skiing is, they know they have to go elsewhere to do it. Shoeshoe in WV mountains is best nearby.

In homage to the thread intent, I can't think of any pro FB player I've ever hear talk about skiing.

But let's not compare winters. You'll lose.

For the ones that do know what skiing is, they know they have to go elsewhere to do it. Shoeshoe in WV mountains is best nearby.

In homage to the thread intent, I can't think of any pro FB player I've ever hear talk about skiing.

But let's not compare winters. You'll lose.

not quite sure how Buffalo would lose when it comes to winters. Unless you don't enjoy winter at all. In that case, you win hands down. No argument there. We get snow. Personally, I prefer to tailgate in 30 degrees.

I'm not afraid of the snow. Unlike most of the people from Buffalo that move away.

Edited by mrags

not quite sure how Buffalo would lose when it comes to winters. Unless you don't enjoy winter at all. In that case, you win hands down. No argument there. We get snow. Personally, I prefer to tailgate in 30 degrees.

I'm not afraid of the snow. Unlike most of the people from Buffalo that move away.

I'll take that win. I love a little snow here or there and sunny skies as opposed to grey gloom all winter.

That's why I'm coming up for the panthers game..... Want my kids to see the game unencumbered by snow suits!

I'll take that win. I love a little snow here or there and sunny skies as opposed to grey gloom all winter.

That's why I'm coming up for the panthers game..... Want my kids to see the game unencumbered by snow suits!

You can take that win. I would call it a loss:

Aug 31, 2012 - At 2 p.m., the mercury met the 95-degree threshold for the 28th time this year in Washington, D.C., matching the record for the most such days ...