Mom w/baby fined $219 for not having exact change for bus

Soooo many assumptions being made about this story with no facts to back it up.

The only thing we know so far is that she had $5, but had no ticket when inspected, so got kicked off the bus.

Everyone is jumping to the conclusion that she was refused a bus ticket, or that the driver called her in, or that she was mistreated in anyway. Stop the outrage!

quoted from the article:

'She offered the bus driver the money, but he refused, saying he only accepted exact change.'

not to jump to any wild conclusions here or anything, but I'm going to risk the assumption that the driver refused her a bus ticket because she didn't have exact change.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quoted from the article:

'She offered the bus driver the money, but he refused, saying he only accepted exact change.'

not to jump to any wild conclusions here or anything, but I'm going to risk the assumption that the driver refused her a bus ticket because she didn't have exact change.

You're jumping to the wild conclusion that the story is, in fact, accurate.

Personally, that's not an assumption I make with much regularity anymore.

You're jumping to the wild conclusion that the story is, in fact, accurate.

are you suggesting that a Canadian newspaper may fall short of the impeccable standards set by American newspapers?

are you suggesting that a Canadian newspaper may fall short of the impeccable standards set by American newspapers?

Montreal Gazette definitely has an agenda against french institutions like the STM but that doesn't change the fact that they are the scum of the earth.

quoted from the article:

As I've mentioned before in SF the fare boxes ony take coins or singles and the driver can't give change. So having said that there would no way for her to pay her fare worn a five dollar bill. Not sure if that's the same set up there but it sounds like it.

As I've mentioned before in SF the fare boxes ony take coins or singles and the driver can't give change. So having said that there would no way for her to pay her fare worn a five dollar bill. Not sure if that's the same set up there but it sounds like it.

But if it's only accessible to those who can pay, is it truly public transportation?

This is Wall Street's fault! We need single payer buses, dammit!