What's Will Freddy's Role Be This Year?

if they are losing because of poor special teams or poor depth at db or lg you don't cut your team captain and more than capable number 2 running back, you cut the special teamer or db or lg and go get a new one.

I said depth. Having, say five db's out of eight on the roster who can play, instead of four who can and four who are lost. If that fifth DB is getting torched, and CJ is leading the AFC in rushing,--look, we need good players on defense is what I'm getting at.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That formation sounds like one where they Bills can't run the ball and can't pick up a blitz.

Given his age, recent injuries and limited role behind CJ, Jackson will likely be gone soon. He's done well here but I don't really see much of a role for him unless Spiller get's hurt frankly.

I think with CJ here it gives Freddie 2 more good yrs, remember the less carries Freddy gets the fresher he will be when he is in there. So CJ is really extending Fred career so to speak.

will will find out this year if Fred does lose a step, but I doubt it.

ready for this....

Freddy will be BETTER than CJ.....that's right !!

Why you ask ?.....because with the decline of the offensive line, Freddy will excel at Yards after Contact (YAC).....something Spiller does not.

I don't know where this notion of Jackson as a power runner came from. Jackson's best asset, IMO, is his vision and his ability to find running space. I think it's actually more valuable that power. Don't get me wrong, FJ is still a very good RB but I still think that he's probably on his way out.

ready for this....

Freddy will be BETTER than CJ.....that's right !!

Why you ask ?.....because with the decline of the offensive line, Freddy will excel at Yards after Contact (YAC).....something Spiller does not.

Nope. Try again:

When I first devised the Elusive Rating — a unique measure of how runners fare beyond the help of blocking — it was intended to be a scale roughly between 1 and 100, with the least elusive players scoring in the single-digits and the guys almost impossible to tackle scoring up near 100. For a long time this season C.J. Spiller threatened to break the scale entirely. Early in the season Spiller had an ER over 400 when the highest previous single-season mark was in the 80s.

But he still finished number 1 in the league overall.

https://www.profootb...elusive-rating/

Edited by uncle flap