best drinking album

Pete

not to hijack the thread but i am going to see Wilco saturday night.

but now on topic, i don't usually put on an album, rather i put on one of the Sirius stations, Dead, Jam On, Spectrum and just sit and have a few

I am enjoying some Bourbon now, listening to My Dusty Road by Woody Guthrie. Stones, Wilco, Son House are great to listen to for drinking. What other albums are good drinking music?

Good for you! I love Wilco and think they are the best band going today. And they are great live. Aren't they playing with Dylan and My Morning Jacket too? Dylan gets heavy rotation here too

(as do the Dead too)

Yup, the AmericanaRama tour Sunday Night...Saturday is Lumineers, Dr. Dog..gonna be a music filled weekend for this guy, not too much drinking though

http://xpn.org/xponential-music-festival/2013

Good for you! I love Wilco and think they are the best band going today. And they are great live. Aren't they playing with Dylan and My Morning Jacket too? Dylan gets heavy rotation here too

(as do the Dead too)

good choices.

I also like Cannonball Adderly "Mercy Mercy Mercy", Ray Charles, Ramsey Lewis Trio, and Stone Roses for drinking.

What say you? Is the rest of this board a bunch of Lemonade Lucy's?

good choices.

I also like Cannonball Adderly "Mercy Mercy Mercy", Ray Charles, Ramsey Lewis Trio, and Stone Roses for drinking.

What say you? Is the rest of this board a bunch of Lemonade Lucy's?

Mercy Mercy Mercy is amazing. Great drinking sounds.

I boozeload to Natural Child: 1971, Mannequin Men: Lose Your Illusion Too, Soul Asylum: Made To Be Broken, Ry Cooder: Paris Texas soundtrack, Dr. John: Babylon, Kid Congo & The Pink Monkeybirds: Gorilla Rose and anything by The Cramps, Gun Club, Liquor Giants, Pontiac Brothers, Husker Du, Dead Moon or The Ramones.

Mercy Mercy Mercy is amazing. Great drinking sounds.

I boozeload to Natural Child: 1971, Mannequin Men: Lose Your Illusion Too, Soul Asylum: Made To Be Broken, Ry Cooder: Paris Texas soundtrack, Dr. John: Babylon, Kid Congo & The Pink Monkeybirds: Gorilla Rose and anything by The Cramps, Gun Club, Liquor Giants, Pontiac Brothers, Husker Du, Dead Moon or The Ramones.

Much respect for your musical taste. I am familiar with most of those, and agree great for drinking. And I will seek out those I am not familiar with. Dr John is relatively new to me. Last year was first time I heard Gris Gris. Wow. What an amazing, truly unique album!

Much respect for your musical taste. I am familiar with most of those, and agree great for drinking. And I will seek out those I am not familiar with. Dr John is relatively new to me. Last year was first time I heard Gris Gris. Wow. What an amazing, truly unique album!

Gris-Gris turned me into a Dr. John junkie before I even finished hearing it for the first time. Absolutely perfect to these ears, top to bottom. Since you dig it I recommend Babylon, Sun Moon & Herbs, Right Place Wrong Time and Locked Down. Dude is rrrrreeeaaaalllll hit or miss, but those hits are as good as it gets.

I just saw Dr. John on Saturday, holy crap, guy is as old as the hills but what a performance, he sounded great, his back up band is killer...he was amazing, probably the highpoint of my musical weekend, and trust me, there were several.

Gris-Gris turned me into a Dr. John junkie before I even finished hearing it for the first time. Absolutely perfect to these ears, top to bottom. Since you dig it I recommend Babylon, Sun Moon & Herbs, Right Place Wrong Time and Locked Down. Dude is rrrrreeeaaaalllll hit or miss, but those hits are as good as it gets.

Skip Spence Oar

Gerry Mulligan Night Lights

Silver Jews American Water or Starlite Walker

Replacements Hootenanny

Elliott Smith Either/Or

Butthole Surfers Brown Reason to Live

Leonard Cohen The Best of

Neil Young On the Beach

Modest Mouse Lonesome Crowded West

Jesus and Mary Chain Darlkands or Honey's Dead

Mercury Rev Yerself is Steam

Captain Beefheart Safe as Milk