(OT) LOST

duey

Tonights episode was fantastic! So much stuff to talk about!

First of all, there is no doubt that Locke has become part of what the island is. In fact, he is a facilitator for the things that the island does to people. I had a feeling that whole thing with Shannon getting chomped on was in Boone's head, but I liked it when Locke said, "It made you see THAT?" What a great story line!

And how about Shannon sleeping with Boone! Like my wife said..."A little strange...and a little erotic!" :P

Nice to see Sawyer as he was dragged through the police station...there's def more on that to come.

How about when Hurley stepped on the sea urchin, and then is telling the Korean guy to pee on it! I just about pissed myself when Hurley was pointed to the guys groin, and the Korean guy was like WTF?!?!? ;):w00t:

I'm waiting for Claire to resurface...it's been a couple of days as they said tonight.

The compass being f'ed up is another indication that this island just ain't right.

Lastly...Locke is da man!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, as far as Boone and his sister doing it, i was blown away. But, was that just part of the halucination from the drug Locke gave him?

Also, you think he's gonna kill her now?

203535[/snapback]

I think that was real...just another way she manipulated him so she would get what she wanted.

I don't think he'll kill her...I just think he going to tell her to f%#! off.

Ok, as far as Boone and his sister doing it, i was blown away. But, was that just part of the halucination from the drug Locke gave him?

203535[/snapback]

That was real, as it was a flashback. Definately explains the Seyad thing though.

CW

203535[/snapback]

They went out of their way to say that there was "no blood relation" between the two of them in the police station scene early on (where Sawyer showed up). So that was definitely real. Really explains the animosity between the two of them. She might be the worst human being ever.

Great episode, though. My stomach hurt from laughing so hard at the Korean Guy-Hurley scene. "PEE ON IT!"

First of all, there is no doubt that Locke has become part of what the island is.  In fact, he is a facilitator for the things that the island does to people.  I had a feeling that whole thing with Shannon getting chomped on was in Boone's head, but I liked it when Locke said, "It made you see THAT?"  What a great story line!

203532[/snapback]

What, nobody caught it when they referred to Locke as "John". Whole series made a lot more sense to me after I caught that.John Locke, anyone?

Repudiating the traditional doctrine of innate ideas, Locke believed that the mind is born blank, a tabula rasa upon which the world describes itself through the experience of the five senses. Knowledge arising from sensation is perfected by reflection, thus enabling humans to arrive at such ideas as space, time, and infinity.

Locke distinguished the primary qualities of things (e.g., solidity, extension, number) from their secondary qualities (e.g., color, sound). These latter qualities he held to be produced by the impact of the world on the sense organs.

Very good episode tonight, I was not surprised by the whole thing with Shannon & Boone, they had been fighting each other far too much for it to just be a brother sister thing.

I have a theory, although it does have holes in it, but I just wanted to run it past all of you, here goes:

This is regarding all the stuff that happened to Boone, when Locke explained to him that what he had seen was not real.

Several episodes earlier, Sayid was knocked out trying to catch the radio signal. We still do not know who knocked him out. My guess was Locke did it, now I am almost positive it was Locke who knocked Sayid out. Here's why.

When Locke was asked about Sayid being knocked out, he immediately put the suspicion on Sawyer, which is impossible since Sawyer lit the 3rd rocket.

Also Sayid has almost no memory of the French woman or what he heard in the jungle.

My theory is that Locke KO'd Sayid, put that stuff on Sayid's head, and Sayid imagined finding the French woman the whole time.

I know it is probably not the best theory, but I am highly suspicious that Locke had something to do with Sayid's situation.

Any thoughts from any of you?

Very good episode tonight, I was not surprised by the whole thing with Shannon & Boone, they had been fighting each other far too much for it to just be a brother sister thing.

I have a theory, although it does have holes in it, but I just wanted to run it past all of you, here goes:

This is regarding all the stuff that happened to Boone, when Locke explained to him that what he had seen was not real.

Several episodes earlier, Sayid was knocked out trying to catch the radio signal. We still do not know who knocked him out. My guess was Locke did it, now I am almost positive it was Locke who knocked Sayid out. Here's why.

When Locke was asked about Sayid being knocked out, he immediately put the suspicion on Sawyer, which is impossible since Sawyer lit the 3rd rocket.

Also Sayid has almost no memory of the French woman or what he heard in the jungle.

My theory is that Locke KO'd Sayid, put that stuff on Sayid's head, and Sayid imagined finding the French woman the whole time.

I know it is probably not the best theory, but I am highly suspicious that Locke had something to do with Sayid's situation.

Any thoughts from any of you?

203650[/snapback]

HMMM! Never thought of that, if thats the case though, I will be dissapointed!

The one big gaping hole in your theory is: Where did Sayid get the maps from? There's even french writing on them...

Not that I have a real answer or anything :P

CW

Brother and sister or not, I'd do Shannon....  :P

Great episode. Hurley kills me. He seemed to be getting a little more agitated last night then in previous episodes.

203724[/snapback]

I agree, she's a stuck-up snob, but VERY hott!! She just needs a good shagging and she'll be allright! ;)

What, nobody caught it when they referred to Locke as "John".  Whole series made a lot more sense to me after I caught that.John Locke, anyone?

203615[/snapback]

Thanks, Tom. I thought that I was hearing things when his first name was mentioned. As a former philosophy student, I found the reference intriguing and enlightened.

For instance, take this information on the real John Locke: In the Essay Concerning Human Understanding Locke examines the nature of the human mind and the process by which it knows the world. Repudiating the traditional doctrine of innate ideas, Locke believed that the mind is born blank, a tabula rasa upon which the world describes itself through the experience of the five senses. Knowledge arising from sensation is perfected by reflection, thus enabling humans to arrive at such ideas as space, time, and infinity.

Now apply this info to the character on the island. Very interesting indeed.

Why would you urinate on a puncture wound from an urchin? The old wive's tale applys (erroneously) to cnidarian stings. If stung by a 'jellyfish' the best remedy is to apply Adolf's meat tenderizer which will neutralize the toxin introduced by the sting. Urchin spines btw are not poisonous but can introduce bacteria and other organisms into the wound.

Why would you urinate on a puncture wound from an urchin? The old wive's tale applys (erroneously) to cnidarian stings. If stung by a 'jellyfish' the best remedy is to apply Adolf's meat tenderizer which will neutralize the toxin introduced by the sting. Urchin spines btw are not poisonous but can introduce bacteria and other organisms into the wound.

I got stung by a portugese man o war last summer. son of a b!tch that hurt!.

I got stung by a portugese man o war last summer. son of a b!tch that hurt!.

203827[/snapback]

I got tagged by some stinging hydroids and not only did it hurt like a mother jumper it left a scar.

I got tagged by some stinging hydroids and not only did it hurt like a mother jumper it left a scar.

203832[/snapback]

About a week after moving to florida, i was outside, barefoot. I got stung by at least 50 (that I could count) fire ants in about 3 seconds. I stepped on a pile of them.

One fire ant stings a bit. 50+ !@#$ kills.

About a week after moving to florida, i was outside, barefoot. I got stung by at least 50 (that I could count) fire ants in about 3 seconds. I stepped on a pile of them.

One fire ant stings a bit. 50+ !@#$ kills.

203835[/snapback]

Those are a B word aren't they? They're all over NC. I spray my yard every month to keep them away.