Bad news for the Patriots

The man largely responsible for the Patriots winning 2 SB's, primarily for helping them advance in the playoffs, won't be officiating this weekend's game against the Colts. That's right, Walt "the 54th Patriot" Coleman and his crew won't be there to call "tuck" when it's a fumble, ignore 15 holding calls, say "just give it to 'em," or mistake a helmet for a football when crossing the goal-line. I guess the Patriots' time is over.

:P

best news i've heard all day. they cheat like crazy and not having CB's or a DE or focused coaches was not going tostop this team of cheater from winning.

not having the referee they pay off at the game... now they will lose.

The man largely responsible for the Patriots winning 2 SB's, primarily for helping them advance in the playoffs, won't be officiating this weekend's game against the Colts.  That's right, Walt "the 54th Patriot" Coleman and his crew won't be there to call "tuck" when it's a fumble, ignore 15 holding calls, say "just give it to 'em," or mistake a helmet for a football when crossing the goal-line.  I guess the Patriots' time is over.

:P

203524[/snapback]

More info from Mike Underwood in the 1/12/05 Boston Herald....

The Pats drew the crew headed by referee Bill Carollo, a group that is known as being decidedly average when it comes to throwing flags. Carollo's crew ranked 10th in the league (out of 18 crews) in penalties accepted and total penalty yardage. What's more, the three types of penalties in which they led the NFL (defensive offsides, delay of game and illegal shift), are all pre-snap calls.

Meanwhile, Pats coach Bill Belichick [news] scouts officiating crews just like he scouts opposing teams. If some obvious trend jumps out at him, he makes a point to pass it along to his players.

best news i've heard all day. they cheat like crazy and not having CB's or a DE or focused coaches was not going tostop this team of cheater from winning.

not having the referee they pay off at the game... now they will lose.

203585[/snapback]

Great intelligent points for your second post :P . I hate the Pats as much as any Bills fan (especially Marcia) but this team has 2 of the last 3 SBs, so they do not win simply by "cheating" and questionable officiating. They're good but I think as Vanderjerk said "they are ripe for picking" with the injuries in the secondary and Seymour the defense could get torn apart by the jugernaut that is Indy.

The man largely responsible for the Patriots winning 2 SB's, primarily for helping them advance in the playoffs, won't be officiating this weekend's game against the Colts.  That's right, Walt "the 54th Patriot" Coleman and his crew won't be there to call "tuck" when it's a fumble, ignore 15 holding calls, say "just give it to 'em," or mistake a helmet for a football when crossing the goal-line.  I guess the Patriots' time is over.

;)

203524[/snapback]

Time to play taps on the trumpet. :P

Great intelligent points for your second post  :P .  I hate the Pats as much as any Bills fan (especially Marcia) but this team has 2 of the last 3 SBs, so they do not win simply by "cheating" and questionable officiating.  They're good but I think as Vanderjerk said "they are ripe for picking" with the injuries in the secondary and Seymour the defense could get torn apart by the jugernaut that is Indy.

203683[/snapback]

I am God, I know everything. Among the things that I know (which again is everything) is that the Patriots cheated their way to two Super Bowl wins.

God hath spoken.

Great intelligent points for your second post  :P .  I hate the Pats as much as any Bills fan (especially Marcia) but this team has 2 of the last 3 SBs, so they do not win simply by "cheating" and questionable officiating.  They're good but I think as Vanderjerk said "they are ripe for picking" with the injuries in the secondary and Seymour the defense could get torn apart by the jugernaut that is Indy.

203683[/snapback]

thanks for posting that. it gets really old reading the "they cheat" crap. can anyone be a bills' fan without having to resort to childish crap to disparage our rivals?

sportsmanship is a quality sorely lacking around here. not to say that it exists anywhere else. and that sucks.