OMFG - Zel Miller!

MichFan

Strictly and honestly asking out of curiousity; the ad must've made the rounds somehow. Was it ever posted on Moveon's website? I honestly don't know the answer to that question, but you can probably tell why I'm asking it.

15830[/snapback]

The ad was still tucked away on their website as late as last month.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His speech in favor of Senator Kerry smacks of the "Thin Blue Line" mentality that goes with belonging to a political party at the national level (not unlike John McCain was portrayed by the lefty's here what, yesterday?).

16007[/snapback]

Agreed; I just want to ensure that people take Zell with a grain of salt. Don't put to much stock in the words of a politician who "proudly" speaks on behalf of whomever asks him to do so.

Agreed; I just want to ensure that people take Zell with a grain of salt.  Don't put to much stock in the words of a politician who "proudly" speaks on behalf of whomever asks him to do so.

16043[/snapback]

That'd be my advice on pretty much every elected official at the national level. The problem continues to be the same "watch what they do, not what they say."

Link to Chris Matthews being crushed by Miller.

Smackdown

16047[/snapback]

That was great. I think they both came out looking like schmucks (Matthews more than Miller), but it was hilarious nonetheless. I particularly liked "I wish we still lived in the day and age that I could challenge you to a duel..."

:w00t::wacko::wacko:

Towards the end, Matthews, despite his bluster, looks absolutely cowed...

That was great.  I think they both came out looking like schmucks (Matthews more than Miller), but it was hilarious nonetheless.  I particularly liked "I wish we still lived in the day and age that I could challenge you to a duel..."

:w00t:  :wacko:  :wacko:

Towards the end, Matthews, despite his bluster, looks absolutely cowed...

16124[/snapback]

The part I can't find anywhere is after the interview is over, Matthews goes back to his panel and says:

"You guys know what I was trying to say, right? I mean, you guys were with me."

And the meltdown was complete.

No, that interview wasn't Miller's best showing but it is absolutely the best thing I've seen in all of the political coverage. Reminded me of Michael Peca decking Alexander Mogilny all those years ago. Matthews deserved the trouncing after starting with a snarky "Do you really think Kerry wants our troops to fight with spitballs?" Yeah, Matt, that's exactly what he thinks.

The part I can't find anywhere is after the interview is over, Matthews goes back to his panel and says:

"You guys know what I was trying to say, right?  I mean, you guys were with me."

And the meltdown was complete.

No, that interview wasn't Miller's best showing but it is absolutely the best thing I've seen in all of the political coverage.  Reminded me of Michael Peca decking Alexander Mogilny all those years ago.  Matthews deserved the trouncing after starting with a snarky "Do you really think Kerry wants our troops to fight with spitballs?"  Yeah, Matt, that's exactly what he thinks.

16156[/snapback]

And Miller's "It's a metaphor" response...you could almost hear him wanting to tack "you dumbass" on to the end of it.

Wow, I thought Miller came off like a crazy man. He threatened the interviewer and babbled on about a duel for crying out loud. He totally lost it. Matthews will end up famous for this as the tape is going to be run over and over everywhere.

Wow, I thought Miller came off like a crazy man.  He threatened the interviewer and babbled on about a duel for crying out loud.  He totally lost it.  Matthews will end up famous for this as the tape is going to be run over and over everywhere.

16169[/snapback]

But I happen to agree with him about duels.

Then again, I am crazy...

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
But I happen to agree with him about duels. 

Then again, I am crazy...

16183[/snapback]

Aaron Burr won fair and square, no matter WHAT Miller says!!!!

:w00t::wacko::wacko:

Wow, I thought Miller came off like a crazy man.  He threatened the interviewer and babbled on about a duel for crying out loud.  He totally lost it.  Matthews will end up famous for this as the tape is going to be run over and over everywhere.

16169[/snapback]

Mickey said "Mathews will end up famous for this..."

He is wrong.

Mickey thinks the US ought to check with the UN before protecting itself.

He is wrong.

Mickey thinks the DEM party moved to the center under Clinton.

He is wrong.

Mickey thinks that Bush 41's clever placement of conservative judges on the Supreme Court was a calculation from the beginning to help his son steal the election from Gore nearly a decade later.

He is wrong.

:w00t:

JimKrazy

(the neo-con, racist, bigoted, lying, hypocrite, white, Republican, "not" compassionate Conservative, Fundamentalist Christian, heterosexual, anti-abortion, big business, gun owner who is no longer in vogue)

Mickey said "Mathews will end up famous for this..."

He is wrong.

Mickey thinks the US ought to check with the UN before protecting itself.

He is wrong.

Mickey thinks the DEM party moved to the center under Clinton.

He is wrong.

Mickey thinks that Bush 41's clever placement of conservative judges on the Supreme Court was a calculation from the beginning to help his son steal the election from Gore nearly a decade later.

He is wrong.

:w00t:

JimKrazy

(the neo-con, racist, bigoted, lying, hypocrite, white, Republican, "not" compassionate Conservative, Fundamentalist Christian, heterosexual, anti-abortion, big business, gun owner who is no longer in vogue)

16248[/snapback]

First Miller lies his butt off, now you. Republican fever, catch it.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Demo Rule #1

When confronted by FACTS, call them lies. :P

16714[/snapback]

OK, here we go:

FACT: We haven't found any WMD in Iraq.

FACT: We went to war in Iraq before we finished the mission in Afghanistan.

FACT: There was a conflict of interest with the Vice President and companies and...

FACT: Companies who were 'given' the jobs in Iraq were NOT low bid.

FACT: We STILL don't know what went on in the Energy Meetings.

These are some facts brought to you by that wacky moderate Democrat, the one, the only... RABID

NOTE: Don't bother coming back at me with Kerry facts, because I know he's already seriously embarassed himself numerous times, and it's damaged his campaign. Don't confuse me with a Kerry lover, because I am not; I just want Bush out.

OK, here we go:

FACT: We haven't found any WMD in Iraq.

FACT: We went to war in Iraq before we finished the mission in Afghanistan.

FACT: There was a conflict of interest with the Vice President and companies and...

FACT: Companies who were 'given' the jobs in Iraq were NOT low bid.

FACT: We STILL don't know what went on in the Energy Meetings.

These are some facts brought to you by that wacky moderate Democrat, the one, the only... RABID

NOTE: Don't bother coming back at me with Kerry facts, because I know he's already seriously embarassed himself numerous times, and it's damaged his campaign. Don't confuse me with a Kerry lover, because I am not; I just want Bush out.

17016[/snapback]

What a tremendous load of stevestojan that post is. How amazingly original.