Who's your top 3 crucial 2013 players?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmore- we need him to be a top cb in this system

Glenn- while our line was ok last year, in a different system, it could be less then average. True story. We need him to progress.

Manuel- obviously. He's the QB (I hope).

Edited by NewEra

That's what it sounded like when you cited their '09 stats and Alpha chimed in with his reference about Brees' SB ring. Perhaps I just should have qualilfed my original post as it related to their defense last year. There is just no relevant comparison between those defenses.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not real sure how you read into my stats comparing that defense to last years, but that's cool. I think we by in large agree but are trying to disagree about it, hahaha.

Maybe....if he's Manning, Brady, Rogers or Brees (only one of whom has ever won a SB with a medicore defense). And to assume the Bills have anyone near that caliber at QB is absurd.

The Bills go nowhere near the playoffs if their defense doesn't improve significantly.

Why do people take things to the extremes... Lol can't even converse in here.

EJ Manuel- QB most important position in football.

CJ Spiller- Needs to be as productive as last year but with more touches, leaned on big to help ease EJ into QB job

Jairus Byrd- Without him we are missing Ed Reed comparable stats (first 4 years)

Good choices. For me, it is EJ Manuel, Scott Chandler and CJ Spiller on Offense and Mario Williams on Defense.

1. EJ, because we all want him to be our Franchise QB for the next decade. We have suffered for 13 years...Enough is enough.

2. Spiller - He is the most amazing player and a game changer to wear a Bills Uniform since the Bills drafted a guy from Oklahoma about 24 years ago.

3. Chandler - A TE is the best friend and weapon for a rookie QB learning on the Fly. They are also their best friends on the sidelines....Chandler can keep EJ Upright and keep the chains moving.

3A. Mario - Mario needs to show the consistency to dominate games. If he does and provides a pass rush, I think the Bills can have more 3-outs and not give up first downs on 3-10s.

Edited by ganesh

That's funny because I'm not the one that suggested Brees carried a putrid defense to the SB in '09, which is EXACTLY what exaggerating the situations is. Their '09 defense was no where near as terrible as last year's defense and that is the only point I've beed trying to make: even a QB as great as Brees couldn't compensate for a defense THAT bad. It wasn't CLOSE to that bad in '09.

GO BILLS!!!

Of course history bears out the need of great QBs. That's a no-brainer. But look at the worst defenses in history and, regardless of WHO the QB was, he wasn't good enough to carry a team to a championship all by himself. And that's all I'm trying to say relative to Brees' situation LAST YEAR. I think the comparisons of the Saints defense between '09 and last year aren't even close.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with some of this, but you're leaving our a key point that their offense wasn't as good either this past year for numerous reasons.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Fred Jackson...the'11 pre-injury version. Maybe alot to ask but if he plays like he can he can take some load of C.J.

QB....Kolb or E.J. The one who starts has got to keep the chains moving and not turn the ball over like Fitz did. Its the key to the season. Can't wait for training camp to start maybe I will feel better after the 2nd preseason game.

Kiko... the are going to almost give him a spot. He going to have to be better than Sheppard was . The whole LB core has much to prove. If they can't stop the run its gonna be another non- playoff year.

QB - obvious

TE - need Chandler's hands as the safety valve

DT - Stuff run, enable good pass rush on obvious passing downs.

3a: Pass rushing positions - need to get to the QB before the release, force the fumble or end the drive.

I'm tired of 3rd and 14 and the other team picks up 15.

Edited by Overseas Bills Fan