Jason isbell - new album

NoSaint

Big fan! He'll be coming through Philly in a few weeks. I plan on seeing him again!

Presale on iTunes is 7.99 for the cd- comes out in 8 days officially.

The writing on this is superb. Give it a listen, and ill be glad to banter back and forth on it/him a bit.

One of the more revealing bios I've read about him... Good for the uninitiated as well as fans:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/02/magazine/jason-isbell-unloaded.html?smid=tw-share&_r=1&

Edited by NoSaint

• 1 month later...

Presale on iTunes is 7.99 for the cd- comes out in 8 days officially.

The writing on this is superb. Give it a listen, and ill be glad to banter back and forth on it/him a bit.

One of the more revealing bios I've read about him... Good for the uninitiated as well as fans:

http://www.nytimes.c...=tw-share&_r=1

Thanks for sharing that article. Great stuff. I can't get Southeastern out of my player.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, just announced next friday's free at noon show is mr. isbell himself...how cool is that gonna be???? guess it'll be a 'work from home' day for me....

That would be a good name for a bar...

co-worker - "You want to get drinks after work?"

yourself - "Nah, I'm gonna go Home."

Saw Jason Isbell last night at the Waiting Room in Buffalo and he BLEW ME AWAY! I've seen many concerts and listen to alot of music, but somehow, until recently I was not aware of Isbell. The Southeastern album is in every sense of the word a classic. If you have not listened to it, do so! Hell, don't be cheap, go to Amazon and buy it for $7.99 on CD and get the free instant download as well. I keep using the word stunning in relation to the album and then read others' reviews and see I am not alone. Album of the year stuff.

The show last night, powerful voice, incredible lyrics, great band. I've still got chills.

that is so good to hear. he's always been an incredible artist, both by himself and with DBT, now he is solo and sober and southeaster seems to reflect a more intense isbel. i signed up for 2 extra tickets for next week, gonna bring all by kids with me to this one...

Saw Jason Isbell last night at the Waiting Room in Buffalo and he BLEW ME AWAY! I've seen many concerts and listen to alot of music, but somehow, until recently I was not aware of Isbell. The Southeastern album is in every sense of the word a classic. If you have not listened to it, do so! Hell, don't be cheap, go to Amazon and buy it for $7.99 on CD and get the free instant download as well. I keep using the word stunning in relation to the album and then read others' reviews and see I am not alone. Album of the year stuff.

The show last night, powerful voice, incredible lyrics, great band. I've still got chills.

Great to hear. I've seen him quite a few times and sometimes he's razor sharp, others disappointing (still good, great compared to most, but you could tell it wasnt what he was capable of).... By all accounts and all I can tell - he is as good as he's ever been and when he's at that level, he's among the best you'll ever find.

I was at the show , and couldn't have said it better myself.

:)

I was at the show , and couldn't have said it better myself.

:)

Agreed. That show was a bargain at $15. I turned to the guys I was with after about 8 songs and said "it feels like we're stealing now". My only complaint was being bumped into by a "happy" John Wawrow who was enjoying himself immensely in the company of Sully and Bulldog (and I presume Mrs. Bulldog). Seriously a fun time.

hahahahahaha....that's awesome!

Agreed. That show was a bargain at $15. I turned to the guys I was with after about 8 songs and said "it feels like we're stealing now". My only complaint was being bumped into by a "happy" John Wawrow who was enjoying himself immensely in the company of Sully and Bulldog (and I presume Mrs. Bulldog). Seriously a fun time.

yeah he played a full set on wednesday, this is for WXPN and their weekly series, typically 40 minutes for the radio broadcast. a couple bands have gone on and just played the day away...dr. dog, dead milkmen, walkmen come to mind...oh and its free and a packed house is 450-500...so the setting is incredible.

but talk about an introspective record this one is...holy crap. i'd love to see him hook up with patterson & the gang for a couple one off shows. its funny because his new bassist resembles patterson a bit...

im guessing whole set - i dont think its a full on show, just a lunch hour special for the radio station.

that said, nice little set.

but talk about an introspective record this one is...holy crap. i'd love to see him hook up with patterson & the gang for a couple one off shows. its funny because his new bassist resembles patterson a bit...

hes sat in several shows when they passed through alabama last year - just for the encore but its atleast a sign the frost might be melting a little. i dont think you ever see them fully reunite but it wouldnt shock me for a show or two, especially now that hes really sober.

i still am waiting for JW to come share his review. its noticeably absent.

• 9 months later...

I know there are a bunch of Isbell fans here. I am finishing up a mix of a new show for WNYC called Death, Sex & Money (we have a few episodes out), and just figured I'd give you all a heads-up that Isbell and his wife are featured on the show that comes out this next week. (Can subscribe on ITunes, etc).