ubhockey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer shows with well written diologue and great story lines:

Here is my list:

1. West Wing: Show is winding down as we get through the shift of main characters and move on to the new characters that will be involved in the next presidential election.

2. Gilmore Girls: Very sharp and well-written program that has great story lines, quick witted diolouge and great looking women whose characters are really interesting.

3. American Dreams: Great flow throughout the program as its shows the life of a family going through the turbulent 1960's under the backdrop of the old "American Bandstand" series. Also uses new music artists to play historical musicians. Provides all the elements of a great show.

4. Law & Order CI: Very well acted drama and the story lines are well defined and its a pleasure watching Vincent Denoforio solve the cases.

5. South Park: 4th grade kids swearing is never not funny

EDIT: I meant "What Are Your Top Five" in the subtitle.

1. Boston Legal: Doesn't get the pub like the other ABC shows but it is heads and shoulders above the rest. William Shatner and James Spader are the best duo on television. The show is funny, enlightening and just really enjoyable to watch. [ABC]

2. Alias: I've watched since season one, so I'm glad they've brought the show back to its roots this season. I thought last season was getting away from what made the show successful, and that was the world of a secret gov't agency. [ABC]

3. LOST: Great show although I feel the previews make you think each episode is going to be better that it actual turns out to be. Nevertheless, the show grabs you each week. [ABC]

4. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition & How'd They Do That: Yes, its a little fruity, but it's amazing what these people can do in no time at all and it's a wonderful thing they do for this deserving families. [ABC]

5. CSI: I feel this show has lost it's luster. I used to never miss an episode, now I don't care so much if I do. Grisham is still the man though. I think the spinoffs might have turned me off from the orginal. [CBS]

Honorable Mentions:

6. Law & Order: SVU [NBC]

7. Without a Trace [CBS]

8. Joey [NBC]

9. The Bachelorette [ABC]

10a. 24 [FOX]

10b. Las Vegas [NBC]

In the mid 90s, I used to watch a lot of NBC. Late 90s up until a year or two ago, I was all about CBS. Today, I think ABC has the best programming ... and it's not even close.

201425[/snapback]

someone else not afraid to admit they watch the OC!

hahaha...

yes, I watch it. yes, I enjoy it.  no, I'm not gay.

201643[/snapback]

Afraid to admit what? That I watch a show packed with some of the hottest women on the planet?

Damn right I watch it. It's a pretty good show too.

The Shield - Hard to believe Michael "The Commish" Chiklis is pulling off Detective Vic Mackey - but he is.

Chiklis is playing Ben Grimm, The Thing, in the Fantastic Four movie this year.

And I saw a preview for The Shield last night. Glenn Close is joining the show as some detective or agent. I don't know for how long.

Chiklis is playing Ben Grimm, The Thing, in the Fantastic Four movie this year.

And I saw a preview for The Shield last night.  Glenn Close is joining the show as some detective or agent.  I don't know for how long.

201988[/snapback]

I saw the trailer for Fantastic 4. Interesting. I'm curious to see how they compensate for his lack of height (he's something like 5'9)".

GC is going to play the new Captain of the Barn. I have no idea what the timeline is, either.

I saw the trailer for Fantastic 4.  Interesting.  I'm curious to see how they compensate for his lack of height (he's something like 5'9)".

GC is going to play the new Captain of the Barn.  I have no idea what the timeline is, either.

201989[/snapback]

Supposedly she's a full-time cast member this season.

Also, the original name of the show was "The Barn" and FX even ran commercials for a show titled "The Barn" but it was changed before it debuted. At one point the show was titled "Rampart" because it was loosely based the LAPD Rampart scandal but I guess they ditched that idea pretty early on.

1. The APPRENTICE.....COME ON, WHERE'S THE LOVE? THIS SHOW RULES!

2. Big Brother

3. Scrubs

4. ER

5. The Sopranos

Of course, the NFL trumps any of these, but I don't really consider football a tv show.