Michele Bachmann Gone!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The left has consistantly tried to brand the Tea Party as racists, far right evangelicals, and any extreme they can think of. Simply put, if you read the various Tea Party mission statements you will find that they explicitly state that they take no position on social issues. They are concerned with national debt and are big on the Constitution.

It's ironic that men we glorify for their anti-tax, rebellious stance circa the late 1700's are essentially the same men we label extremists in 2013...

It's ironic that men we glorify for their anti-tax, rebellious stance circa the late 1700's are essentially the same men we label extremists in 2013...

That's because the 18th century English government under the tyrannical George III was a distant, uncaring oppressive regime.

The 21st century US Government gives out Obamaphones.

On a pilgrimage to Ronald Reagan’s presidential library, Rand Paul prodded Republicans Friday to become more inclusive.

“When the Republican Party looks like the rest of America, we will win again,” the Kentucky senator told a crowd in Simi Valley, Calif. “When we have people with tattoos and without tattoos, with ties and without ties, with suits and in blue jeans, then we win nationally.”

During a question-and-answer session, Paul said the GOP must “adapt, evolve or die.”

“If we want to win nationally again, we will have to reach out to a diverse nation and welcome African Americans, Asians, Latinos into our party,” he said. “Latinos will come to the GOP when we treat them with dignity, when we embrace immigrants as hard workers who are an asset to our country.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/rand-paul-reagan-library-speech-92095.html#ixzz2Uygd6LXx Pretty much my feelings.

On a pilgrimage to Ronald Reagan’s presidential library, Rand Paul prodded Republicans Friday to become more inclusive.

“When the Republican Party looks like the rest of America, we will win again,” the Kentucky senator told a crowd in Simi Valley, Calif. “When we have people with tattoos and without tattoos, with ties and without ties, with suits and in blue jeans, then we win nationally.”

During a question-and-answer session, Paul said the GOP must “adapt, evolve or die.”

“If we want to win nationally again, we will have to reach out to a diverse nation and welcome African Americans, Asians, Latinos into our party,” he said. “Latinos will come to the GOP when we treat them with dignity, when we embrace immigrants as hard workers who are an asset to our country.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/rand-paul-reagan-library-speech-92095.html#ixzz2Uygd6LXx Pretty much my feelings.

well duh?..it's kinda like in a family where it's ok to criticize from within but not from outside. How many of the so hated media types have been saying this before rand and for how long? Yet we see the bizarre tickets in purple states like Colorado and Virginia

well duh?..it's kinda like in a family where it's ok to criticize from within but not from outside. How many of the so hated media types have been saying this before rand and for how long? Yet we see the bizarre tickets in purple states like Colorado and Virginia

So how are the blue dog democrats doing?

Why would you bother making such an absurd strawman?

I take no issue at all with folks on the right, or left for that matter, holding to a personal morality; or even using a pulpit of power to speak to that personal morality.

What I take huge issue with, and will never support at the ballot box, are those who declare their own morality to be superior and then attempt to legislate it. i don't disagree one bit with your "educate and lead", but education and leadership only equates to government coersion in Orwellian nightmares.

If your ideas are superior, and you possess the ability to lead, argue your morality, and let the people follow you.

Put the power of the state behind you, and you're nothing but a new Mao.

That's right, but irrelevant to my point.

My point is that treating every social conservative the same, especially in terms of supporting candidates, is what a liberal would do. After all, treating everybody "the same" is what liberals always do.

The fact that this is patently unfair, and illogical, never occurs to them, and therefore the cause of so much of their error. (These are just some of the tools they provide me, which allow me to routinely beat the hell out of them, to my amusement. They day they wake up and realize that they could still accomplish many of their goals, without this fundamental design flaw in their thinking, will be sad for me.)

In the meantime, libertarians, like yourself must insist that we treat everybody differently AND fairly. These concepts are not mutually exclusive, unless you are a dimwit that is incapable of abstract thought.