ESPN article ranks Marv Levy # 17

And as good as Tasker was at STs, he doesn't deserve to be in the HOF. If he gets in, he will be the luckiest man on earth.

As Buffalo die hards, we love to see our guys make it and of course our opinions of players are skewed but Tasker wasn't really all that great. He tackled some guys and blocked a few kicks. He wasnt even a good return man. Someone like Devin Hester will make it in wayyyy before Tasker ever does.

I agree with you there. He was a key special teams player, but we're too close to judge him objectively. Like how my little brother's hockey player is the local AHL hockey team's enforcer. He's useful. Maybe a key player in the strategy, but at the end of the day, he's not scoring the winning points. Same for Tasker. He'll get in when Mark Pike gets in too.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you there. He was a key special teams player, but we're too close to judge him objectively. Like how my little brother's hockey player is the local AHL hockey team's enforcer. He's useful. Maybe a key player in the strategy, but at the end of the day, he's not scoring the winning points. Same for Tasker. He'll get in when Mark Pike gets in too.

That statement is just outright ridiculous, Pike played ST's for the Bills for 11 years, but what did he accomplish in those 11 years? Oh, let me tell ya, one INT, 38 tackles, 3 assists, one fumble recovery in 11 years... :lol:

Tasker , 7x pro bowls, MVP of the pro bowl. 9 TD's receiving, 779 yards receiving, 130 yards rushing. 7 fumbles, 6 recovered, one safety. 2054 in return yards. and countless tackles on special teams

Hall of fame finalist 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013

From Bill Polian,

"Steve Tasker was, pound-for-pound, the greatest special-teams player ever to play," Polian said. "If you value special teams, then Steve Tasker belongs in the Hall of Fame. I am also an unabashed Ray Guy fan.

"I've seen every player that's played in this game since 1977, and I can tell you Ray Guy literally changed the game -- as did Steve Tasker."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/steve-tasker

Steve Tasker does deserve to be in the HOF because he redefined the role of special teams in the NFL. He was the first star of special teams and even made Pro Bowl because of his play on special teams.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Steve Tasker does deserve to be in the HOF because he redefined the role of special teams in the NFL. He was the first star of special teams and even made Pro Bowl because of his play on special teams.

PTR

I may be wrong, but I think he was the reason that they started sending Special Teamers to the PB outside of kickers and punters.

Edited by dhg

PTR

What these Bills fans simply don't understand...as a "gunner" and not a KR / PR scorer it was unheard of to be named to the pro bowl 7x, much less be an MVP of the pro bowl :worthy:

1993 pro bowl " Special teams ace Steve Tasker of the AFC Champion Buffalo Bills was named the player of the game for making four tackles, forcing a fumble and blocking a field goal. His block came at a crucial point with just 8 minutes left and the game tied at 13."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Pro_Bowl

Edited by FeartheLosing