Official OTA/Minicamp Thread (May/June)

eball

A secondary question about that picture... Why is there a ref in the background? Do they have OTAs as well and go to NFL practices to keep their eyes sharp or something?

Yes I believe they do, but teams sometimes use their own officials to get them players used to "game time" conditions. As far as Robey, damn that man can jump high! Hopefully it helps him play "taller".

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Chris Brown's article

Tight end touchdowns

Of the four touchdowns thrown by Bills quarterbacks Thursday, three of them went to tight ends. Mike Caussinicon-article-link.gif made a quality over the shoulder grab in the left corner of the end zone for a touchdown on a pass from Kolb.

Rookie Chris Graggicon-article-link.gif scored on the same exact play a short time later. He also scored on a quick hitter over the middle on a pass from Manuel for his second scoring play.

The question this brings up to me is were these just good plays showing the potential of the TEs, or does the fact that 3 of 4 touchdowns scored by the offense were by TEs show a possible pattern that there is a certain situational vulnerability in Pettine's defensive scheme that needs to be corrected before some smart coaches like Belichick recognize and exploit it in a game situation?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, any success by the Bills offense is indicative of an exploitable weakness on the defense.

More disturbingly, every success by the Bills defense is indicative of an exploitable weakness on the offense.

I have a hard time seeing the Bills winning more than 2 games this year.

A secondary question about that picture... Why is there a ref in the background? Do they have OTAs as well and go to NFL practices to keep their eyes sharp or something?

I thought I'd read that the Bills have had officials at every OTA and minicamp practice this year.

I thought I'd read that the Bills have had officials at every OTA and minicamp practice this year.

Starting 2013 the NFL started employing full time Officials to be working all year round.

Edited by EJ3

Thanks LynchMob.

According to the story you linked, the new CBA allows for full-time refs and certainly Carl Johnson was the first hired as a full-time game official.

I wonder how long before every official is required to become full-time. I don't believe that time has yet come. I'm thinking that there's gonna be a transition period and that it might start with the Referees and maybe the Umpires at first.

Just guessing.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Thanks LynchMob.

According to the story you linked, the new CBA allows for full-time refs and certainly Carl Johnson was the first hired as a full-time game official.

I wonder how long before every official is required to become full-time. I don't believe that time has yet come. I'm thinking that there's gonna be a transition period and that it might start with the Referees and maybe the Umpires at first.

Just guessing.

Some don't want to be full time, because their day jobs pay a ridiculous amount of money - for instance, Hochuli(sp?) has been resistant do to his being an attorney outside of football...

Some don't want to be full time, because their day jobs pay a ridiculous amount of money - for instance, Hochuli(sp?) has been resistant do to his being an attorney outside of football...

Yep.

Lil' Wally Coleman runs his family's extremely large dairy operation and many of the officials are professionally accomplished people although PFT did a post months back which noted that a small handful did nothing aside from there NFL employment.