#2) Buddies Puzzle

+ 1

Awesome.

:lol:

Also, while Buddy is "piecing" this puzzle together, he's losing other pieces or forgetting where he put them.

The puzzle analogy is really priceless, IMO.

Edited by SoCal-Surf

As much as I give Nix credit for finally bringing the Bills to a place where we could see them begin to be truly competitive, and I allow for his having to deal with a tough owner/control situation - I also admit that he's far and away A FAR CRY FROM BEING PERFECT.

There are some things he's done that are close to being inexcusable, in my opinion (switching defenses back and forth in a matter of 3 years - and the consequential inability to draft appropriately for defense - it's only luck that the defense we want to run now is a combination of both 3-4 and 4-3, so that his flip flopping might actually have brought in desirable types on the defense; allowing Fitz to remain the top QB for so long, allowing Wanny to finish out the year, passing on Kaepernick and Wilson, letting Lynch go for a 4th rounder!). It's DESPITE those things that Nix has us finally in position to succeed. I don't get into "what if's"; I'm the type of person when if I like the present, I accept everything that's happened in the past as necessary to lead up to this point. I happen to like where we are now, so I'm not going to say I wish we would have done things differently.

A lot rides on this year - but the only guy on the Buffalo Bills whose total career rides on this year is Nix. Everyone else will get a pass if things don't work out. That's the situation, and it's the situation Nix helped to create - and, I'm glad he still has a chance to right the ship and go out on top.

Edited by KeisterHollow

As much as I give Nix credit for finally bringing the Bills to a place where we could see them begin to be truly competitive, and I allow for his having to deal with a tough owner/control situation - I also admit that he's far and away A FAR CRY FROM BEING PERFECT.

There are some things he's done that are close to being inexcusable, in my opinion (switching defenses back and forth in a matter of 3 years - and the consequential inability to draft appropriately for defense - it's only luck that the defense we want to run now is a combination of both 3-4 and 4-3, so that his flip flopping might actually have brought in desirable types on the defense; allowing Fitz to remain the top QB for so long, allowing Wanny to finish out the year, passing on Kaepernick and Wilson, letting Lynch go for a 4th rounder!). It's DESPITE those things that Nix has us finally in position to succeed. I don't get into "what if's"; I'm the type of person when if I like the present, I accept everything that's happened in the past as necessary to lead up to this point. I happen to like where we are now, so I'm not going to say I wish we would have done things differently.

A lot rides on this year - but the only guy on the Buffalo Bills whose total career rides on this year is Nix. Everyone else will get a pass if things don't work out. That's the situation, and it's the situation Nix helped to create - and, I'm glad he still has a chance to right the ship and go out on top.

Mr Nix is 16-32 as GM. he's on his 2nd head coach, I've lost count of DC's, his previous drafts have been mediocre. He is deep into gutting the team he built in year 4. To this day many of the better players/starters are DJ leftovers. He's got a long way to go before he's a candidate "to go out on top."

Mr Nix is 16-32 as GM. he's on his 2nd head coach, I've lost count of DC's, his previous drafts have been mediocre. He is deep into gutting the team he built in year 4. To this day many of the better players/starters are DJ leftovers. He's got a long way to go before he's a candidate "to go out on top."

Hey, I understand anyone's gripe with Nix - I just happen to think a lot of people are a bit tough on him. He's not perfect, as I said - there are definitely great GM's in this league, and Nix isn't going to be confused with one of them - HOWEVER, if Manuel pans out, and the rest of this draft class ends up being as good as it seems, and Marrone and Pettine work out, NIX WILL LEAVE HAVING TURNED AROUND THIS FRANCHISE, LIKE IT OR NOT. Obviously he made some mistakes along the way, and obviously others have contributed to both the bad and the good, but if we turn the corner this year, I think people should give Nix credit where credit is due - he will have turned the team around, back into a respected team, and left it to Whaley in good all around shape (his drafts have been hit and miss, but the overall talent on this roster is pretty good).

i am glad someone posted up that there is much more to being a GM for the previously inept Bills than what is on the surface.

Buddy might have built an office that is finally competent. It isn't just the players folks. I say let him ride..

Sorry dude, that's not evidence. Shanahan could have had myriad reasons for interviewing with no intention of ever taking the job.

The facts are simple. The top two (that we know of) candidates said "no". That means Nix could NOT have hired anyone he wanted.

Again you are missing the point. There was no restrictions from within OBD as to who he could hire as a HC.

Hey, I understand anyone's gripe with Nix - I just happen to think a lot of people are a bit tough on him. He's not perfect, as I said - there are definitely great GM's in this league, and Nix isn't going to be confused with one of them - HOWEVER, if Manuel pans out, and the rest of this draft class ends up being as good as it seems, and Marrone and Pettine work out, NIX WILL LEAVE HAVING TURNED AROUND THIS FRANCHISE, LIKE IT OR NOT. Obviously he made some mistakes along the way, and obviously others have contributed to both the bad and the good, but if we turn the corner this year, I think people should give Nix credit where credit is due - he will have turned the team around, back into a respected team, and left it to Whaley in good all around shape (his drafts have been hit and miss, but the overall talent on this roster is pretty good).

All your "Ifs" are betting on the future and we have no control over that. The only thing we can look at as a body of work is his last 3 years as a GM and that has been mediocre. I hope for the Bills sake, this 2013 draft is their biggest hit draft that turns them around.

How many good teams have mediocre let alone bad GM's? And how many GM's get to a second chance to rebuild a franchise after their first attempt fails?

What has Buddy done to instill any level of confidence that everything will come together now in 2013? It must be May.